Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
3 Pages<123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Online Zero2Cool  
#26 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2012 11:19:18 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,969
Applause Received: 2,231

So, the Packers reach a season game high in rushing yards in a game Bryan Bulaga misses a good majority of the game. Interesting. I hope Bulaga heals up quick. The OL depth is not so hot.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline nerdmann  
#27 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2012 4:28:44 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,715
Applause Received: 667

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
The league instituted the rule to put gambles on an even playing field. It took away the advantage that a few insiders and their buddies had over the rest of the schmoes.

Do you really the NFL, Inc really cares where the average fan sitting on his sofa drinking a beer, eating his nachos and waving the giant foam finger knows if the Dallas RT hurt his pinky in practice on Wed or not? I don;t think so.

They do care if the betting line is toying with because of rumors being spread about that Eli has a bust wing and is going to miss the next game.


It does irritate the hell out of me, but I think the integrity of the game is more important to the league than my personal angst.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#28 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2012 11:32:05 AM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Joined: 9/26/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 13
Applause Received: 398

It's been made official

Quote:
GREEN BAY - Packers offensive tackle Bryan Bulaga is the latest player lost for the season.

Bulaga succumbed to a hip injury, according to a release by the team on Monday. He had started the first nine games of the season for the Packers at right tackle.

In a corresponding move, Green Bay re-signed linebacker Vic So'oto. So'oto played in seven games for the Packers in 2011 and played in four contests for the Oakland Raiders this season before being let go.



http://www.fox11online.c...ryan-bulaga-placed-on-ir
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
Offline gbguy20  
#29 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2012 11:58:14 AM(UTC)
gbguy20

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/28/2009(UTC)

Applause Given: 208
Applause Received: 285

McCarthy said the "early diagnosis" says he does not need surgery.
call me Dan
Offline wpr  
#30 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2012 12:11:28 PM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 3,152
Applause Received: 1,522

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 Go to Quoted Post
McCarthy said the "early diagnosis" says he does not need surgery.


I'll bet he intentionally lied just to mess with the fans. Big Grin
UserPostedImage

"Will you follow me, one last time?" Thorin Oakenshield
Offline nerdmann  
#31 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2012 1:52:51 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,715
Applause Received: 667

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins Go to Quoted Post


Good Lord.

Hope Sherrod's ready. Seemed like they wanted to sit him down until next year...
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline wpr  
#32 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2012 2:35:04 PM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 3,152
Applause Received: 1,522

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
Good Lord.

Hope Sherrod's ready. Seemed like they wanted to sit him down until next year...


wonder where Sherrod will line up? Seems he struggled a little on the right side.

for now I won't mind if they go with Newhouse, EDS, Saturday, Sitton and Lang. See if they can build a little continuity.

Sunday will be a tough challenge for them lining up against the Lions DL. Lots of quick passes. See if EDS can get inside of Suh's head again.
UserPostedImage

"Will you follow me, one last time?" Thorin Oakenshield
Offline nerdmann  
#33 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2012 3:31:14 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,715
Applause Received: 667

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
wonder where Sherrod will line up? Seems he struggled a little on the right side.

for now I won't mind if they go with Newhouse, EDS, Saturday, Sitton and Lang. See if they can build a little continuity.

Sunday will be a tough challenge for them lining up against the Lions DL. Lots of quick passes. See if EDS can get inside of Suh's head again.


He'll probably play the right side. It doesn't seem like he's back yet to where they want him to be. Plus he was just starting to get into the zone last year when he went down, so he's probly gonna be a little shaky.

Lang's shown he can play LT.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#34 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2012 6:05:58 PM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Joined: 9/26/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 13
Applause Received: 398

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
wonder where Sherrod will line up? Seems he struggled a little on the right side.

for now I won't mind if they go with Newhouse, EDS, Saturday, Sitton and Lang. See if they can build a little continuity.

Sunday will be a tough challenge for them lining up against the Lions DL. Lots of quick passes. See if EDS can get inside of Suh's head again.


Its kind of hard to say he struggled. He was a rookie, without a real camp, and was being thrown in between Left and Right Tackle and also left guard in pre-season.
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
nerdmann on 11/12/2012(UTC)
Offline wpr  
#35 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2012 8:15:45 PM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 3,152
Applause Received: 1,522

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins Go to Quoted Post
Its kind of hard to say he struggled. He was a rookie, without a real camp, and was being thrown in between Left and Right Tackle and also left guard in pre-season.


oh so he went out there and ripped the defense a new hole huh?

I never implied that there weren't justifiable reasons that he struggled. But he certainly did not set the NFL world on fire.

he missed TC this year too. It will take him a few weeks to get up to speed IF he can do so without camp.
UserPostedImage

"Will you follow me, one last time?" Thorin Oakenshield
Offline wpr  
#36 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2012 8:17:53 PM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 3,152
Applause Received: 1,522

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
He'll probably play the right side. It doesn't seem like he's back yet to where they want him to be. Plus he was just starting to get into the zone last year when he went down, so he's probly gonna be a little shaky.

Lang's shown he can play LT.


yep that is why he is not on my list for the next few weeks. Let him get a few practice reps under his belt before he gets into the game.
UserPostedImage

"Will you follow me, one last time?" Thorin Oakenshield
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#37 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2012 8:54:36 PM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Joined: 9/26/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 13
Applause Received: 398

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
oh so he went out there and ripped the defense a new hole huh?

I never implied that there weren't justifiable reasons that he struggled. But he certainly did not set the NFL world on fire.

he missed TC this year too. It will take him a few weeks to get up to speed IF he can do so without camp.


He didn't need to Rip the defense a new hole, to be more than a struggling player. He learned the offense enough to be playing and not playing terribly. He was constantly improving. that is far from struggling. He just didn't win the starting role over players with more experience.
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
Offline DakotaT  
#38 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2012 9:02:27 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 670
Applause Received: 1,376

I'm happy with Sherrod just being a backup and am quite comfortable with EDS playing left guard. Let's just hope for no more injuries and get Sherrod some practice time. Don't want to see us resort to Barclay or VanRoten this year anyway.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 3 applause.
Gaycandybacon on 11/12/2012(UTC), nerdmann on 11/12/2012(UTC), wpr on 11/13/2012(UTC)
Offline gbguy20  
#39 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2012 11:41:10 PM(UTC)
gbguy20

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/28/2009(UTC)

Applause Given: 208
Applause Received: 285

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
I'm happy with Sherrod just being a backup and am quite comfortable with EDS playing left guard. Let's just hope for no more injuries and get Sherrod some practice time. Don't want to see us resort to Barclay or VanRoten this year anyway.


this is exactly right. If sherrod isn't needed to be anything more than a buckup i will be ecstatic
call me Dan
Offline PackerTraxx  
#40 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2012 8:01:15 AM(UTC)
PackerTraxx

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/13/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 18
Applause Received: 127

It would be really good if we could make it through the year and let Sherrod, and Datko heal. I think Datko can be a very good player with time to get healthy and develop. Them, Bulaga and a first class center drafted next year could put our OL in much better shape. We need to keep our fingers crossed for good health and good luck.
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
thanks Post received 1 applause.
nerdmann on 11/13/2012(UTC)
Offline wpr  
#41 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2012 3:03:55 PM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 3,152
Applause Received: 1,522

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins Go to Quoted Post
He didn't need to Rip the defense a new hole, to be more than a struggling player. He learned the offense enough to be playing and not playing terribly. He was constantly improving. that is far from struggling. He just didn't win the starting role over players with more experience.


He clearly was making mistakes in the games (preseason) last year. I call it struggling a bit. You can call it anything you want if it makes you feel better.

When he moved to the right side during the season he had some nice places and he had some plays where he got beat by the defender. I am not saying he looked pathetic as you seem to want to imply.

He will certainly be better with time and more reps.

My original post said since he does need more time, I will not be upset if they do not run him out on to the field as an ever-down OT. By your nitpicking you must feel otherwise.
UserPostedImage

"Will you follow me, one last time?" Thorin Oakenshield
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#42 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2012 9:20:43 PM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Joined: 9/26/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 13
Applause Received: 398

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
He clearly was making mistakes in the games (preseason) last year. I call it struggling a bit. You can call it anything you want if it makes you feel better.

When he moved to the right side during the season he had some nice places and he had some plays where he got beat by the defender. I am not saying he looked pathetic as you seem to want to imply.

He will certainly be better with time and more reps.

My original post said since he does need more time, I will not be upset if they do not run him out on to the field as an ever-down OT. By your nitpicking you must feel otherwise.


I would expect him to make mistakes in preseason. Hell even Rodgers makes mistakes during preseason and regular season. that isn't struggling, that is learning. What I would consider struggling is having problems past what should realistically be expected.
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
Online Zero2Cool  
#43 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 10:16:51 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,969
Applause Received: 2,231

Think they work out Chad Clifton?
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#44 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 10:31:52 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States
Joined: 3/16/2007(UTC)
Location: North Central Wisconsin

Applause Given: 400
Applause Received: 1,078

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
Think they work out Chad Clifton?


I think Clifton or maybe even Tauscher maybe worked out if Sherrod doesn't look like a go. My Opinion either would be able to step in and pick up the calls. Now.. if Mark is still in shape or ready to play. That I am not sure about... Clifton has noted he would stay ready if an opportunity arises.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#45 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 12:46:55 PM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 3,152
Applause Received: 1,522

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins Go to Quoted Post
I would expect him to make mistakes in preseason. Hell even Rodgers makes mistakes during preseason and regular season. that isn't struggling, that is learning. What I would consider struggling is having problems past what should realistically be expected.


so you have lower standards. I can accept that.
UserPostedImage

"Will you follow me, one last time?" Thorin Oakenshield
Offline Pack93z  
#46 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 1:40:34 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States
Joined: 3/16/2007(UTC)
Location: North Central Wisconsin

Applause Given: 400
Applause Received: 1,078

Current Free Agent Lineman.


Quote:
Offensive Linemen

1. Chad Clifton
2. Kareem McKenzie
3. Kyle Kosier
4. Tony Pashos
5. Brandon Keith
6. Montrae Holland
7. Artis Hicks
8. Jason Brown
9. Vince Manuwai
10. Jeff Otah
11. Reggie Wells
12. Mario Henderson
13. Kasey Studdard
14. Tony Moll
15. Stacy Andrews
16. Chris Kemoeatu
17. Andre Gurode
18. James Lee
19. Jamaal Jackson
20. Trai Essex
21. Adam Goldberg
22. Lydon Murtha
23. Daniel Loper
24. Anthony Herrera
25. Duke Robinson
26. Quinn Ojinnaka
27. Kirk Chambers
28. George Foster
29. Alex Barron
30. Josh Beekman
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline nerdmann  
#47 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 4:45:05 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,715
Applause Received: 667

PFT

Quote:
The Packers are dealing with injuries on the offensive line, and quarterback Aaron Rodgers has a suggestion: Sign Chad Clifton.


Hasn't anybody posted this yet?
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#48 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 5:00:44 PM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 9/17/2012(UTC)
Location: Hanover Park, IL

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 178

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
PFT



Hasn't anybody posted this yet?


We don't need to sign him yet. Lang and EDS will carry the load and I think EDS will prove to be the Offensive lineman of the future for us. Even the Center.
Offline nerdmann  
#49 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 5:24:08 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,715
Applause Received: 667

Originally Posted by: Gaycandybacon Go to Quoted Post
We don't need to sign him yet. Lang and EDS will carry the load and I think EDS will prove to be the Offensive lineman of the future for us. Even the Center.


We don't need to PLAY him yet. Arguably. LOL

If Lang or Newhouse goes down, Van Roten plays the rest of the game.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#50 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 6:57:45 PM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 9/17/2012(UTC)
Location: Hanover Park, IL

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 178

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
We don't need to PLAY him yet. Arguably. LOL

If Lang or Newhouse goes down, Van Roten plays the rest of the game.


I don't think they'll sign him. With Sherrod now practicing and Clifton being out of football so long. It's a long streach unless those guys go down. We'd have to be desperate imo.
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest (2)
3 Pages<123>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Tweeter

Recent Topics
23m / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / stevegb

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Smokey

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

27-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

27-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

27-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / nyrpack

26-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

26-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

26-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / rabidgopher04

26-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

26-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann