Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
28 Pages«<2425262728>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline DakotaT  
#376 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2012 8:06:01 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 650
Applause Received: 1,338

Originally Posted by: dfosterf Go to Quoted Post
I invested in Real Estate throughout my life. Every PCS, I bought a house (Permanent change of station) I rented to officers and Staff NCO's . I re-invested every time I could. I always maintained a positive cash-flow. I ultimately wound up with several townhomes on the Alexandria, VA waterfront, and sold them. I bought the company my wife worked for when I retired, and put her in charge. THAT was the smartest thing I ever did in my life. SHE made me a LOT of money.

My health care is totally free. Would you like to see the hole in my chest incurred in 1975? Perhaps the lack of a left collarbone and a shattered left eye orbit incurred in '82. or maybe even the non-functional left pinkie and ring finger incurred in 2004?

I am such a skate.

All I do is go to work and pay my taxes. I loathe people that bitch about paying them, when I do so willingly, and I also loathe people that think just becuase they pay taxes they have the right to condescend against the poverty freeloaders of our society.

You didn't need to give me your resume' because I know you are an impressive person. I just like f*ckin with you once in a while, but tonight you started it, so there.

UserPostedImage
Offline dfosterf  
#377 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2012 8:31:36 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Applause Given: 181
Applause Received: 404

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
All I do is go to work and pay my taxes. I loathe people that bitch about paying them, when I do so willingly, and I also loathe people that think just becuase they pay taxes they have the right to condescend against the poverty freeloaders of our society.

You didn't need to give me your resume' because I know you are an impressive person. I just like f*ckin with you once in a while, but tonight you started it, so there.

Ha. I have to be honest. You asked me about my healthcare, and I told you the short version. Amongst my contemporaries, we call all of what I spoke of- "forgetting to duck". It is HIGHLY prized with one-time enlistees in the various wars on license plates, hats, etc.

Amongst my true friends, I'm viewed as your basic moron, so you got me on that one, you just don't know it, and no purple heart license plates here, pal, lol

I think it's a career Marine thing and it is always the in-between sh*t you will never hear of that me and mine are so very, very proud of.

Edited by user Monday, November 12, 2012 8:41:52 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.

Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#378 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2012 8:39:40 PM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Applause Given: 13
Applause Received: 360

Don't you know by now, that I know everything? Ha Ha I'm Right!

BTW, how much does it cost Joe taxpayer to provide every military man/woman and their entire family with health care every month? Is this part of the entitlements we should be eliminating according to the Neocons?

Not nearly what your simpleton mind thinks.

Military healthcare spending is <10% of the defense budget.
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
Offline DakotaT  
#379 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2012 8:49:59 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins Go to Quoted Post
Not nearly what your simpleton mind thinks.

Military healthcare spending is <10% of the defense budget.

Now I'm a simpleton? You're the acolyte of Fox News, not me.

And 10% of the military budget is huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge! But let's beat up the little people instead.
UserPostedImage
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#380 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2012 8:57:37 PM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Now I'm a simpleton? You're the acolyte of Fox News, not me.

And 10% of the military budget is huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge! But let's beat up the little people instead.

You have proven you are a simpleton with you continual childish posts.

Nobody is beating up the little people. You are just to simple to see the truth.

UserPostedImage
Offline DakotaT  
#381 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2012 9:08:15 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

You have proven you are a simpleton with you continual childish posts.

Nobody is beating up the little people. You are just to simple to see the truth.

The wealthy of the Republican Party have not been beating up the little people? What country did you grow up in? Their wealth is off the backs of the little people. It isn't that they are smarter, it's because they lost there souls long ago. Thankfully, Judgement Day is just around the corner.

UserPostedImage
Offline dfosterf  
#382 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2012 9:11:24 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

...not to mention the profoundly loud ringing in both of my ears 24/7 which would drive most men CRAZY... as it has me...

and my poor wife, as I cannot hear a f*cking thing she says

Basically, my hearing is toast.

I think these are manly-man things, not girly-man things, as far as the bitchin' goes.

Edited by user Monday, November 12, 2012 9:25:45 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.

Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#383 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2012 9:16:34 PM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

The wealthy of the Republican Party have not been beating up the little people? What country did you grow up in? Their wealth is off the backs of the little people. It isn't that they are smarter, it's because they lost there souls long ago. Thankfully, Judgement Day is just around the corner.

If you consider, providing the money that funds the little people's jobs, and pays their salaries and benefits beating them up. If anybody has been beating up the little people, it is government who keeps taking the money that could be used the pay them a better wage.

It is simpletons that the class warfare lies have brainwashed. Look in the mirror and you will see one.
UserPostedImage
Offline DakotaT  
#384 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2012 9:29:28 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

If you consider, providing the money that funds the little people's jobs, and pays their salaries and benefits beating them up. If anybody has been beating up the little people, it is government who keeps taking the money that could be used the pay them a better wage.

It is simpletons that the class warfare lies have brainwashed. Look in the mirror and you will see one.

Or they could just pay the higher wage and have happier employees, and also pay less taxes by reducing their bottom line a little.

Class warfare is just a term used by the wealthy that don't want to pay the 3% more in taxes they will be paying next year and beyond.
UserPostedImage
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#385 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2012 9:34:55 PM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Or they could just pay the higher wage and have happier employees, and also pay less taxes by reducing their bottom line a little.

Class warfare is just a term used by the wealthy that don't want to pay the 3% more in taxes they will be paying next year and beyond.

And where does that money come from? The rich either spend their money or have it invested. If they pay more, they spend less or have less invested, which directly impacts salaries and prices.

Class warfare is a political strategy of convincing fools that by blaming somebody else, and taking more from those who have more will make their lives better somehow. Which won't happen.
UserPostedImage
Offline dfosterf  
#386 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2012 9:35:42 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Just do your own friggin' job to the best of your ability, inspire your contemporaries to do the same, and let's just see where the chips may fall in the whole employer / employee equation.

UserPostedImage

Offline DakotaT  
#387 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2012 9:41:21 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

And where does that money come from? The rich either spend their money or have it invested. If they pay more, they spend less or have less invested, which directly impacts salaries and prices.

Class warfare is a political strategy of convincing fools that by blaming somebody else, and taking more from those who have more will make their lives better somehow. Which won't happen.

Well let's try it anyway and see if the Clinton way works better than the trickle down way. But we do agree on less government spending, but I'm sure we adamently disagree on where the cuts should come from.
UserPostedImage
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#388 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2012 9:49:59 PM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Well let's try it anyway and see if the Clinton way works better than the trickle down way. But we do agree on less government spending, but I'm sure we adamently disagree on where the cuts should come from.

We saw what clinton's way did. It took a growing economy and stagnated it to the point where both democrats and republicans decided to prop the economy on housing instead of going through a small recession.

I we can get the economy back to the growing economy clinton took over, we can try to tax higher again and gut the military even more. But if we cut waste and abuse everywhere, there won't be a need to tax higher.
UserPostedImage
Offline dfosterf  
#389 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2012 10:00:13 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Let's make the Marines eat dirt. Since the Navy controls that budget, and God Forbid some sailor might suffer under a budget cut, let's f*ck the Marines over, again. Just wait until they do their tour in Afghanistan, as we want them healthy there... THEN when they leave, we can put them on the dirt diet...

Best case scenario, of course, is that they all die in combat. Wounded is VERY bad. VERY expensive.

Yep, Dead is best. A real cost-cutting-measure for our military!
UserPostedImage

Offline vikesrule  
#390 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2012 4:44:14 AM(UTC)
vikesrule

Applause Given: 60
Applause Received: 193

We saw what clinton's way did. It took a growing economy and stagnated it to the point where both democrats and republicans decided to prop the economy on housing instead of going through a small recession.

I we can get the economy back to the growing economy clinton took over, we can try to tax higher again and gut the military even more. But if we cut waste and abuse everywhere, there won't be a need to tax higher.

Revisionist history again, eh?

Now there is plenty of blame to go around for the current state of our economic affairs and we're talking decades and decades back. Republicans and Democrats alike. And we, yes we, the American people will have to shoulder some of that blame as well.

But if you want to pick one person that is the most culpable for this huge economic mess, well that would be...one Ronald Wilson Reagan.
He did more economic short and long term damage to this country than anyone... and that is still being felt to this day.

"A lapse into fiscal indiscipline on a scale never before experienced in peacetime." --David Stockman (Reagan's budget director)

"The epitaph of the Reagan presidency will be: 'When Ronald Reagan became President, the United States was the largest creditor nation. When he left the presidency, we were the world's largest debtor nation.'"
--Lester Thurow, MIT professor of economics

In his presidency, Reagan chose as his economic advisers a group that espoused a radical economic theory called "supply-side." The supply-siders told Reagan that if he gave tax cuts to the top brackets (the wealthiest individuals) the positive effects would "trickle down" to everyone else. Tax cuts, they argued, would produce so much growth in the economy that America could simply outgrow its deficits.
Reagan bought into supply-side theory, which is why in 1981 he predicted that there would be a "drastic reduction in the deficit."

However, Reagan soon discovered that his supply-side advisers were wrong. Tax cuts, instead of reducing the deficit, caused the deficit to balloon.

And we won't even get into the scandals that rocked Reagan's presidency....or the huge, and I mean huge Savings and Loan debacle of the mid 1980's.

Federal deficits would continue unabated until the presidency of Bill Clinton when fiscal responsibility would finally be restored.
President Clinton achieved a balanced budget (and even record surpluses) in large measure by restoring higher taxes on the wealthy.

Now enter one George W. Bush....

"America has a strong economy and a surplus.... Now is the time to reform the tax code and share some of the surplus with the people who pay the bills."
--George W. Bush, nomination acceptance speech, 3 August 2000

After the election of 2000, Bush and a Republican-led Congress reduced income taxes, with the majority of the tax cuts going to America's wealthiest individuals. With the introduction of Bush's tax cuts, the budget surplus immediately disappeared and deficits resumed. By the end of Bush's eight-year term, the national debt stood at $10 trillion -- double its level when Bush assumed office.

thanks Post received 2 applause.
Rockmolder on 11/13/2012(UTC), Pack93z on 11/13/2012(UTC)