You are not logged in. Join Free! | Log In Thank you!    

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages<1234>
Share
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline nerdmann  
#31 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2012 1:52:51 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Posts: 6,515
Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,106
Applause Received: 470

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins Go to Quoted Post


Good Lord.

Hope Sherrod's ready. Seemed like they wanted to sit him down until next year...
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline wpr  
#32 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2012 2:35:04 PM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

United States
Posts: 11,870
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,405
Applause Received: 1,192

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
Good Lord.

Hope Sherrod's ready. Seemed like they wanted to sit him down until next year...


wonder where Sherrod will line up? Seems he struggled a little on the right side.

for now I won't mind if they go with Newhouse, EDS, Saturday, Sitton and Lang. See if they can build a little continuity.

Sunday will be a tough challenge for them lining up against the Lions DL. Lots of quick passes. See if EDS can get inside of Suh's head again.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller



UserPostedImage

Offline nerdmann  
#33 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2012 3:31:14 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Posts: 6,515
Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,106
Applause Received: 470

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
wonder where Sherrod will line up? Seems he struggled a little on the right side.

for now I won't mind if they go with Newhouse, EDS, Saturday, Sitton and Lang. See if they can build a little continuity.

Sunday will be a tough challenge for them lining up against the Lions DL. Lots of quick passes. See if EDS can get inside of Suh's head again.


He'll probably play the right side. It doesn't seem like he's back yet to where they want him to be. Plus he was just starting to get into the zone last year when he went down, so he's probly gonna be a little shaky.

Lang's shown he can play LT.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#34 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2012 6:05:58 PM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Posts: 2,647
Joined: 9/26/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 11
Applause Received: 345

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
wonder where Sherrod will line up? Seems he struggled a little on the right side.

for now I won't mind if they go with Newhouse, EDS, Saturday, Sitton and Lang. See if they can build a little continuity.

Sunday will be a tough challenge for them lining up against the Lions DL. Lots of quick passes. See if EDS can get inside of Suh's head again.


Its kind of hard to say he struggled. He was a rookie, without a real camp, and was being thrown in between Left and Right Tackle and also left guard in pre-season.
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
nerdmann on 11/12/2012(UTC)
Offline wpr  
#35 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2012 8:15:45 PM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

United States
Posts: 11,870
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,405
Applause Received: 1,192

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins Go to Quoted Post
Its kind of hard to say he struggled. He was a rookie, without a real camp, and was being thrown in between Left and Right Tackle and also left guard in pre-season.


oh so he went out there and ripped the defense a new hole huh?

I never implied that there weren't justifiable reasons that he struggled. But he certainly did not set the NFL world on fire.

he missed TC this year too. It will take him a few weeks to get up to speed IF he can do so without camp.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller



UserPostedImage

Offline wpr  
#36 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2012 8:17:53 PM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

United States
Posts: 11,870
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,405
Applause Received: 1,192

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
He'll probably play the right side. It doesn't seem like he's back yet to where they want him to be. Plus he was just starting to get into the zone last year when he went down, so he's probly gonna be a little shaky.

Lang's shown he can play LT.


yep that is why he is not on my list for the next few weeks. Let him get a few practice reps under his belt before he gets into the game.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller



UserPostedImage

Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#37 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2012 8:54:36 PM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Posts: 2,647
Joined: 9/26/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 11
Applause Received: 345

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
oh so he went out there and ripped the defense a new hole huh?

I never implied that there weren't justifiable reasons that he struggled. But he certainly did not set the NFL world on fire.

he missed TC this year too. It will take him a few weeks to get up to speed IF he can do so without camp.


He didn't need to Rip the defense a new hole, to be more than a struggling player. He learned the offense enough to be playing and not playing terribly. He was constantly improving. that is far from struggling. He just didn't win the starting role over players with more experience.
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
Offline DakotaT  
#38 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2012 9:02:27 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Posts: 6,965
Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 566
Applause Received: 1,190

I'm happy with Sherrod just being a backup and am quite comfortable with EDS playing left guard. Let's just hope for no more injuries and get Sherrod some practice time. Don't want to see us resort to Barclay or VanRoten this year anyway.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 3 applause.
Gaycandybacon on 11/12/2012(UTC), nerdmann on 11/12/2012(UTC), wpr on 11/13/2012(UTC)
Offline gbguy20  
#39 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2012 11:41:10 PM(UTC)
gbguy20

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Posts: 2,162
Joined: 8/28/2009(UTC)

Applause Given: 185
Applause Received: 247

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
I'm happy with Sherrod just being a backup and am quite comfortable with EDS playing left guard. Let's just hope for no more injuries and get Sherrod some practice time. Don't want to see us resort to Barclay or VanRoten this year anyway.


this is exactly right. If sherrod isn't needed to be anything more than a buckup i will be ecstatic
call me Dan
Offline PackerTraxx  
#40 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2012 8:01:15 AM(UTC)
PackerTraxx

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Posts: 1,783
Joined: 8/13/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 18
Applause Received: 127

It would be really good if we could make it through the year and let Sherrod, and Datko heal. I think Datko can be a very good player with time to get healthy and develop. Them, Bulaga and a first class center drafted next year could put our OL in much better shape. We need to keep our fingers crossed for good health and good luck.
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
thanks Post received 1 applause.
nerdmann on 11/13/2012(UTC)
Offline wpr  
#41 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2012 3:03:55 PM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

United States
Posts: 11,870
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,405
Applause Received: 1,192

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins Go to Quoted Post
He didn't need to Rip the defense a new hole, to be more than a struggling player. He learned the offense enough to be playing and not playing terribly. He was constantly improving. that is far from struggling. He just didn't win the starting role over players with more experience.


He clearly was making mistakes in the games (preseason) last year. I call it struggling a bit. You can call it anything you want if it makes you feel better.

When he moved to the right side during the season he had some nice places and he had some plays where he got beat by the defender. I am not saying he looked pathetic as you seem to want to imply.

He will certainly be better with time and more reps.

My original post said since he does need more time, I will not be upset if they do not run him out on to the field as an ever-down OT. By your nitpicking you must feel otherwise.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller



UserPostedImage

Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#42 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2012 9:20:43 PM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Posts: 2,647
Joined: 9/26/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 11
Applause Received: 345

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
He clearly was making mistakes in the games (preseason) last year. I call it struggling a bit. You can call it anything you want if it makes you feel better.

When he moved to the right side during the season he had some nice places and he had some plays where he got beat by the defender. I am not saying he looked pathetic as you seem to want to imply.

He will certainly be better with time and more reps.

My original post said since he does need more time, I will not be upset if they do not run him out on to the field as an ever-down OT. By your nitpicking you must feel otherwise.


I would expect him to make mistakes in preseason. Hell even Rodgers makes mistakes during preseason and regular season. that isn't struggling, that is learning. What I would consider struggling is having problems past what should realistically be expected.
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#43 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 10:16:51 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

United States
Posts: 25,227
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,740
Applause Received: 1,790

Think they work out Chad Clifton?

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline Pack93z  
#44 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 10:31:52 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

Rank: Hall of Famer

U.S. Minor Islands
Posts: 12,605
Joined: 3/16/2007(UTC)
Location: North Central Wisconsin

Applause Given: 352
Applause Received: 936

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
Think they work out Chad Clifton?


I think Clifton or maybe even Tauscher maybe worked out if Sherrod doesn't look like a go. My Opinion either would be able to step in and pick up the calls. Now.. if Mark is still in shape or ready to play. That I am not sure about... Clifton has noted he would stay ready if an opportunity arises.
The wolves will never lose sleep over the feelings of the sheep.

UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#45 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 12:46:55 PM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

United States
Posts: 11,870
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,405
Applause Received: 1,192

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins Go to Quoted Post
I would expect him to make mistakes in preseason. Hell even Rodgers makes mistakes during preseason and regular season. that isn't struggling, that is learning. What I would consider struggling is having problems past what should realistically be expected.


so you have lower standards. I can accept that.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller



UserPostedImage

Users browsing this topic
Guest (2)
4 Pages<1234>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF 2.1.0 | YAF © 2003-2014, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 0.269 seconds.