Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 18, 2012 6:30:11 AM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Lima, Ohio

Applause Given: 350
Applause Received: 457

"And yet, defenses are paying attention to him. Against the Texans, who gave up six touchdown passes to Rodgers, the perfect illustration came on Rodgers’ second of three TD passes to Jordy Nelson, a 21-yarder that made it 21-7. (For a brilliant breakdown of the entire play, read ex-Packers safety Matt Bowen’s piece on National Football Post. Bowen is as good as it gets when it comes to explaining complex NFL concepts to the rest of us.)"
I agree, let's cut his ass. That way the opposing Defensive Coordinator has one less weapon to worry about.

I think a thread should be started listing the players that members of this forum wanted "cut", because "in their opinion" they are either overpaid, underachieving, or just plain "suck".

We can call it the "knee jerk reaction thread"

I'll let Zero decide whether this thread should be started, but here is my list from the last few years.

1. Jarret Bush(this guy should have never been on the roster)
2. A.J. Hawk(total underachiever)
3. Donald Driver(this guy should have retired 3 years ago)
4. James Jones(guy can't catch)
5. Charles Woodson(way overpaid)
6. B.J. Raji( great 1st year, but hasn't been the same since)
7. Sam Shields(one year wonder)
8. Greg Jennings(can't stay healthy anymore)
9. Jermicheal Finley(talks too much)

That's a start, just a few I remember.

One more thing, ask yourself this.

Where would The Packers be today without the players listed above?

Message modified by moderator Sunday, November 18, 2012 9:06:34 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’. "Stats are for Losers"
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Gaycandybacon on 11/18/2012(UTC)
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#2 Posted : Sunday, November 18, 2012 9:05:34 AM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Lima, Ohio

Applause Given: 350
Applause Received: 457

What Zero, you didn't like "knee jerk reaction" for a title?

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

That's better!!!!
Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’. "Stats are for Losers"
Offline nerdmann  
#3 Posted : Sunday, November 18, 2012 10:09:39 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,704
Applause Received: 663

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan Go to Quoted Post
"And yet, defenses are paying attention to him. Against the Texans, who gave up six touchdown passes to Rodgers, the perfect illustration came on Rodgers’ second of three TD passes to Jordy Nelson, a 21-yarder that made it 21-7. (For a brilliant breakdown of the entire play, read ex-Packers safety Matt Bowen’s piece on National Football Post. Bowen is as good as it gets when it comes to explaining complex NFL concepts to the rest of us.)"
I agree, let's cut his ass. That way the opposing Defensive Coordinator has one less weapon to worry about.

I think a thread should be started listing the players that members of this forum wanted "cut", because "in their opinion" they are either overpaid, underachieving, or just plain "suck".

We can call it the "knee jerk reaction thread"

I'll let Zero decide whether this thread should be started, but here is my list from the last few years.

1. Jarret Bush(this guy should have never been on the roster)
2. A.J. Hawk(total underachiever)
3. Donald Driver(this guy should have retired 3 years ago)
4. James Jones(guy can't catch)
5. Charles Woodson(way overpaid)
6. B.J. Raji( great 1st year, but hasn't been the same since)
7. Sam Shields(one year wonder)
8. Greg Jennings(can't stay healthy anymore)
9. Jermicheal Finley(talks too much)

That's a start, just a few I remember.

One more thing, ask yourself this.

Where would The Packers be today without the players listed above?


Last year? Arguably the Superbowl.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline Blitz  
#4 Posted : Sunday, November 18, 2012 12:04:45 PM(UTC)
Blitz

Rank: 6th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 10/12/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 7
Applause Received: 16

That one guy who was always getting referred to as "China doll" is still on the team?!!?

Click here for answer
blank
Offline steveishere  
#5 Posted : Sunday, November 18, 2012 2:24:10 PM(UTC)
steveishere

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Joined: 7/28/2012(UTC)

Applause Given: 48
Applause Received: 981

Packers didn't completely destroy the Lions... FIRE EVERYBODY!
Offline zombieslayer  
#6 Posted : Sunday, November 18, 2012 3:08:47 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: San Francisco

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Well, it's obvious Mason Crosby should be on that list now.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#7 Posted : Sunday, November 18, 2012 3:13:00 PM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 9/17/2012(UTC)
Location: Hanover Park, IL

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 178

Finley played great today! hope he continues to improve on this.
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2012 5:04:45 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Lima, Ohio

Applause Given: 350
Applause Received: 457

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
Last year? Arguably the Superbowl.


I want to hear your argument,

Packers went 15-1 in the regular season, Giants flat outplayed them in the playoff game.

Any team turns the ball over 4 times and odds are pretty good they are going to lose.
(unless of course they are playing The Cardinals, really Matty "ice" 5 int.!!!! You killed me in FFl this week)LOL

Shit happens.

Statements like the one you just made just validates my reason for starting this thread.

No GM, coach, or player is at the top of their game every single week.

Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’. "Stats are for Losers"
Offline nerdmann  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2012 10:31:25 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,704
Applause Received: 663

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan Go to Quoted Post
I want to hear your argument,

Packers went 15-1 in the regular season, Giants flat outplayed them in the playoff game.

Any team turns the ball over 4 times and odds are pretty good they are going to lose.
(unless of course they are playing The Cardinals, really Matty "ice" 5 int.!!!! You killed me in FFl this week)LOL

Shit happens.

Statements like the one you just made just validates my reason for starting this thread.

No GM, coach, or player is at the top of their game every single week.



Ok, rephrase my statement, and I will argue it. Include the names of players concerned.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2012 3:58:54 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Lima, Ohio

Applause Given: 350
Applause Received: 457

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
Ok, rephrase my statement, and I will argue it. Include the names of players concerned.




What???????
Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’. "Stats are for Losers"
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
2 Pages12>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Tweeter

Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / RaiderPride

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / macbob

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / macbob

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / DakotaT

21-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

20-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / Since69

20-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

20-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / sschind

19-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

19-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

19-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / sschind

18-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / luigis

18-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / PackFanWithTwins