Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 18, 2012 6:30:11 AM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Posts: 2,321
Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Lima, Ohio

Applause Given: 269
Applause Received: 386

"And yet, defenses are paying attention to him. Against the Texans, who gave up six touchdown passes to Rodgers, the perfect illustration came on Rodgers’ second of three TD passes to Jordy Nelson, a 21-yarder that made it 21-7. (For a brilliant breakdown of the entire play, read ex-Packers safety Matt Bowen’s piece on National Football Post. Bowen is as good as it gets when it comes to explaining complex NFL concepts to the rest of us.)"
I agree, let's cut his ass. That way the opposing Defensive Coordinator has one less weapon to worry about.

I think a thread should be started listing the players that members of this forum wanted "cut", because "in their opinion" they are either overpaid, underachieving, or just plain "suck".

We can call it the "knee jerk reaction thread"

I'll let Zero decide whether this thread should be started, but here is my list from the last few years.

1. Jarret Bush(this guy should have never been on the roster)
2. A.J. Hawk(total underachiever)
3. Donald Driver(this guy should have retired 3 years ago)
4. James Jones(guy can't catch)
5. Charles Woodson(way overpaid)
6. B.J. Raji( great 1st year, but hasn't been the same since)
7. Sam Shields(one year wonder)
8. Greg Jennings(can't stay healthy anymore)
9. Jermicheal Finley(talks too much)

That's a start, just a few I remember.

One more thing, ask yourself this.

Where would The Packers be today without the players listed above?

Edited by moderator Sunday, November 18, 2012 9:06:34 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Gaycandybacon on 11/18/2012(UTC)
Sponsor
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#2 Posted : Sunday, November 18, 2012 9:05:34 AM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Posts: 2,321
Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Lima, Ohio

Applause Given: 269
Applause Received: 386

What Zero, you didn't like "knee jerk reaction" for a title?

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

That's better!!!!
Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’.
Offline nerdmann  
#3 Posted : Sunday, November 18, 2012 10:09:39 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Posts: 7,049
Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,358
Applause Received: 598

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan Go to Quoted Post
"And yet, defenses are paying attention to him. Against the Texans, who gave up six touchdown passes to Rodgers, the perfect illustration came on Rodgers’ second of three TD passes to Jordy Nelson, a 21-yarder that made it 21-7. (For a brilliant breakdown of the entire play, read ex-Packers safety Matt Bowen’s piece on National Football Post. Bowen is as good as it gets when it comes to explaining complex NFL concepts to the rest of us.)"
I agree, let's cut his ass. That way the opposing Defensive Coordinator has one less weapon to worry about.

I think a thread should be started listing the players that members of this forum wanted "cut", because "in their opinion" they are either overpaid, underachieving, or just plain "suck".

We can call it the "knee jerk reaction thread"

I'll let Zero decide whether this thread should be started, but here is my list from the last few years.

1. Jarret Bush(this guy should have never been on the roster)
2. A.J. Hawk(total underachiever)
3. Donald Driver(this guy should have retired 3 years ago)
4. James Jones(guy can't catch)
5. Charles Woodson(way overpaid)
6. B.J. Raji( great 1st year, but hasn't been the same since)
7. Sam Shields(one year wonder)
8. Greg Jennings(can't stay healthy anymore)
9. Jermicheal Finley(talks too much)

That's a start, just a few I remember.

One more thing, ask yourself this.

Where would The Packers be today without the players listed above?


Last year? Arguably the Superbowl.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline Blitz  
#4 Posted : Sunday, November 18, 2012 12:04:45 PM(UTC)
Blitz

Rank: 6th Round Draft Pick

Posts: 231
Joined: 10/12/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 7
Applause Received: 16

That one guy who was always getting referred to as "China doll" is still on the team?!!?

Click here for answer
blank
Offline steveishere  
#5 Posted : Sunday, November 18, 2012 2:24:10 PM(UTC)
steveishere

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Posts: 1,624
Joined: 7/28/2012(UTC)

Applause Given: 42
Applause Received: 856

Packers didn't completely destroy the Lions... FIRE EVERYBODY!
Offline zombieslayer  
#6 Posted : Sunday, November 18, 2012 3:08:47 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Posts: 9,919
Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: San Francisco

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Well, it's obvious Mason Crosby should be on that list now.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#7 Posted : Sunday, November 18, 2012 3:13:00 PM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

United States
Posts: 830
Joined: 9/17/2012(UTC)
Location: Hanover Park, IL

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 174

Finley played great today! hope he continues to improve on this.
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2012 5:04:45 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Posts: 2,321
Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Lima, Ohio

Applause Given: 269
Applause Received: 386

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
Last year? Arguably the Superbowl.


I want to hear your argument,

Packers went 15-1 in the regular season, Giants flat outplayed them in the playoff game.

Any team turns the ball over 4 times and odds are pretty good they are going to lose.
(unless of course they are playing The Cardinals, really Matty "ice" 5 int.!!!! You killed me in FFl this week)LOL

Shit happens.

Statements like the one you just made just validates my reason for starting this thread.

No GM, coach, or player is at the top of their game every single week.

Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’.
Offline nerdmann  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2012 10:31:25 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Posts: 7,049
Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,358
Applause Received: 598

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan Go to Quoted Post
I want to hear your argument,

Packers went 15-1 in the regular season, Giants flat outplayed them in the playoff game.

Any team turns the ball over 4 times and odds are pretty good they are going to lose.
(unless of course they are playing The Cardinals, really Matty "ice" 5 int.!!!! You killed me in FFl this week)LOL

Shit happens.

Statements like the one you just made just validates my reason for starting this thread.

No GM, coach, or player is at the top of their game every single week.



Ok, rephrase my statement, and I will argue it. Include the names of players concerned.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2012 3:58:54 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Posts: 2,321
Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Lima, Ohio

Applause Given: 269
Applause Received: 386

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
Ok, rephrase my statement, and I will argue it. Include the names of players concerned.




What???????
Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’.
Offline macbob  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2012 4:03:35 PM(UTC)
macbob

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Silver: 2012

Posts: 1,707
Joined: 10/12/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 262
Applause Received: 226

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan Go to Quoted Post
What???????


Next step will be asking you to reprhase his arguments. I think he wants you to argue with yourself.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Porforis on 1/14/2013(UTC)
Offline Zero2Cool  
#12 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 5:53:13 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Posts: 25,734
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,864
Applause Received: 2,032

Any other contributions?

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline Pack93z  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2013 12:47:32 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States
Posts: 12,755
Joined: 3/16/2007(UTC)
Location: North Central Wisconsin

Applause Given: 381
Applause Received: 1,027

I avoided the site completely on Saturday for this reason.. emotions running in full.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline yooperfan  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2013 2:28:47 PM(UTC)
yooperfan

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Posts: 1,778
Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Ishpeming Michigan

Applause Given: 539
Applause Received: 247

My knees are still jerking, even my rusty metal one.
Offline Pack93z  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2013 2:30:54 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States
Posts: 12,755
Joined: 3/16/2007(UTC)
Location: North Central Wisconsin

Applause Given: 381
Applause Received: 1,027

Originally Posted by: yooperfan Go to Quoted Post
My knees are still jerking, even my rusty metal one.


LOL.. yeah most Packer games I make sure that I have it locked on good.. no flying limb zone.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest (2)
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / OlHoss1884

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / DarkaneRules

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / blueleopard

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Dexter_Sinister

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / yooperfan

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / MintBaconDrivel

22-Aug / Random Babble / wpr

22-Aug / Green Bay Packers Talk / texaspackerbacker

22-Aug / Green Bay Packers Talk / DarkaneRules

22-Aug / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

22-Aug / Around The NFL / Laser Gunns

21-Aug / Green Bay Packers Talk / sschind

21-Aug / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

21-Aug / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

20-Aug / Random Babble / DakotaT


Tweeter

Copyright © 2006-2014 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.