Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
5 Pages«<2345>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Rios39  
#46 Posted : Sunday, November 18, 2012 3:32:04 PM(UTC)
Rios39

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 30

Originally Posted by: all_about_da_packers Go to Quoted Post
Offense has to get consistent and be able to finish.

Frankly, I'm surprised they are not highlighting Finley. Say what you want about his antics and personality, but Finley is a walking mismatch. Especially against a cover-2 zone type Defense of the Lions? If nothing else, Finley should have been able to own the middle today.

I get that McCarthy does not want to make the offense revolve around Finley. He shouldn't. But at least make more of an effort to get him in situations where Rodgers is looking for him. The 40 yard catch and run was a thing of beauty. I seriously hope McCarthy looks to work Finley into the game plan more. Finley is too talented and dangerous a weapon to be incidentally featured to other players.

First I don't think Finley is a head case in the eyes of the packers. second of all I totally I agree. They need to get Finley exposing the middle of the areas in soft spots in the cover 2. Utilize him in more of a short game, simple catches. Finley drops balls that are usually forced between defenders or panic throws inches off the ground.

Example is 3rd and short everyone is running verticals too much. If they are guarding that then just have finley running some short easy throws. When Rodgers usually throws to him it's usually when it's in panic time.He's a big dude so he can catch the ball and get some YAC and fall forward for 7-8 yards even on short 5 yard slants and crosses
blank
thanks Post received 1 applause.
DakotaT on 11/18/2012(UTC)
Offline zombieslayer  
#47 Posted : Sunday, November 18, 2012 4:47:03 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Considering our #1 and #2 defenders were out, our #2 CB was out, our #1 WR was out, our #1 RB is on IR, and half our OL is limping, we played a heck of a game.

My thoughts - in the offseason, Uncle Ted Thompson is gonna have to do something about the OL. I'm tired of seeing Aaron Rodgers having to break tackles to get the ball off. He needs better protection.

Fix this, and we have an absolutely sick team. Our D is "ahead of schedule." I thought it would take 2 years to fix but Hayward is stepping up to the point where we might have a real D when CM3 comes back.

Great job team. Applause

This is a team that may be better than last year's team, despite all the injuries. We got fight.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline Pack93z  
#48 Posted : Sunday, November 18, 2012 5:21:41 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 381
Applause Received: 1,027

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer Go to Quoted Post

This is a team that may be better than last year's team, despite all the injuries. We got fight.

We also have a better rotations between the tackles on the defensive side of the ball. And we have better overall balance, much of that is contributed to running the ball consistently on offense that trickles down to the rest of the team.

I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline Cheesey  
#49 Posted : Sunday, November 18, 2012 6:04:30 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 160
Applause Received: 338

I didn't see the game.
Did Jordy Nelson play?
UserPostedImage
Offline porky88  
#50 Posted : Sunday, November 18, 2012 6:09:44 PM(UTC)
porky88

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2013Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2014

Applause Given: 181
Applause Received: 346

There are some obvious flaws, but I find this win very encouraging. The Packers are wining despite the fact that Aaron Rodgers isn't playing up to his standards. He missed throws the last three weeks and the Packers just keep winning. Imagine what will happen when he finds his rhythm, which I believe, will happen sooner than later.

Next week is obviously a major test, but I believe this team is heading in the right direction. This reminds me of 2010 when the Packers went to Atlanta for a major November showdown. Getting healthy will also give an added boost to the defense (Clay Matthews & Charles Woodson) and passing game (Greg Jennings).
Offline steveishere  
#51 Posted : Sunday, November 18, 2012 6:34:06 PM(UTC)
steveishere

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Applause Given: 42
Applause Received: 854

I'm just happy to see we can actually win games like this now. It seems like it didn't used to be that way. That's good because there will probably be some games like this in the playoffs.
nerdmann on 11/18/2012(UTC)
Offline zombieslayer  
#52 Posted : Sunday, November 18, 2012 7:03:36 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Originally Posted by: Cheesey Go to Quoted Post
I didn't see the game.
Did Jordy Nelson play?

Yes. He didn't have a lot of snaps though. If I'm not mistaken, we saw a lot more Cobb than Jordy.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline DakotaT  
#53 Posted : Sunday, November 18, 2012 8:32:53 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 629
Applause Received: 1,306

I'll take an ugly Chicago Bear type win any day when half our team is limping on the sidelines. I didn't see the second half, but listened to it on the radio. We use to lose a game like this all the time, so it is nice to see us eek it out.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann on 11/18/2012(UTC)
Offline LambeauEast  
#54 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2012 7:04:47 AM(UTC)
LambeauEast

Applause Given: 5
Applause Received: 20

I can't say enough about those young DB's...we're potentially set for quite a while.

When the Packers drafted Perry to be Clay's bookend, who knew they already had that guy on the roster. Walden is having an amazing season! And Moses had what I feel was the play of the game. No fumble on that Stafford scramble, and that game ends much differently...IMO.

Boy howdy, the O-line is in trouble. And I'm not even talking EDS, although he had issues, I'm looking at Mr. Sitton. Fairley smoked him more than once.

CROSBY!!!

Starks didn't have an off the charts kind of game, but there were some very large piles I saw his petite frame moving for some hard earned yards.

Now, on to the Giants. Can we just let them have this regular season game, so we can take the playoff matchup. I'm tired of vice versa!
UserPostedImage
Offline doddpower  
#55 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2012 9:56:31 AM(UTC)
DoddPower

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011

United States

Applause Given: 1,833
Applause Received: 428

Originally Posted by: LambeauEast Go to Quoted Post
Starks didn't have an off the charts kind of game, but there were some very large piles I saw his petite frame moving for some hard earned yards.

Petite frame? Perhaps I'm misunderstanding you. The guy is 6'2, 218 lbs. He's a pretty big guy. He's not wide, but he's tall.

Offline gbguy20  
#56 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2012 9:57:49 AM(UTC)
gbguy20

Applause Given: 203
Applause Received: 284

Boy howdy, james starks has a petite frame?
call me Dan
Offline Pack93z  
#57 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2012 10:17:09 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 381
Applause Received: 1,027

Boy howdy, the O-line is in trouble. And I'm not even talking EDS, although he had issues, I'm looking at Mr. Sitton. Fairley smoked him more than once.

As much as I would like to say otherwise, but Fairly has been kicking more than just Sitton's ass as of late. He is playing like Suh should game in and out for the hype. I hate the thought of having that tackle tandem to go up against weekly.

If I was to say though, Saturday was the one that was getting his ass handed to him more so. They left doubles in to protect him even.

Next season, I expect the Packers to shore up the C spot and look for depth across the line.

I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline Rios39  
#58 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2012 10:35:32 AM(UTC)
Rios39

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 30

No sutton got blown up more. Saturday wasn't great either but he usually kept him from Rodgers
blank
Offline LambeauEast  
#59 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2012 11:02:05 AM(UTC)
LambeauEast

Applause Given: 5
Applause Received: 20

Originally Posted by: doddpower Go to Quoted Post
Petite frame? Perhaps I'm misunderstanding you. The guy is 6'2, 218 lbs. He's a pretty big guy. He's not wide, but he's tall.

I'm sure he is bigger than I give him credit for, it just looks to me like he could be snapped like a chicken bone.

UserPostedImage
Offline gbguy20  
#60 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2012 11:25:19 AM(UTC)
gbguy20

Applause Given: 203
Applause Received: 284

I'm sure he is bigger than I give him credit for, it just looks to me like he could be snapped like a chicken bone.

hes a pretty big back so i am lost
call me Dan
Rss Feed