You are not logged in. Join Free! | Log In Thank you!    

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages<1234>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline wpr  
#16 Posted : Saturday, December 13, 2008 9:19:36 PM(UTC)
wpr

United States

Applause Given: 2,418
Applause Received: 1,203

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
You guys and gals know me by now.......I'll do just about anything to try to get a laugh. My wife doesn't care too much for my sense of humor though.........right after we got married, we were taking a walk down the street. It was a Saturday, and I heard a wedding party driving by with their horns beeping.......I stopped, put my hand over my heart, and faked a few tears. She asked "What are you doing???" I said "Another good man bites the dust!"..................she wasn't amused.
I also liked to introduce her as "This is my first wife"............she got mad. I said "Well you ARE, arn't you???" She still wasn't amused.

I once asked my Dad when he was intentionally irritating Mom why he would want to poke a sleeping bear with a stick. In the end you are going to get hurt and wonder what happened.
He said that he liked it.
You are pretty close Cheesey.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Offline Cheesey  
#17 Posted : Saturday, December 13, 2008 9:21:53 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 159
Applause Received: 326

You guys and gals know me by now.......I'll do just about anything to try to get a laugh. My wife doesn't care too much for my sense of humor though.........right after we got married, we were taking a walk down the street. It was a Saturday, and I heard a wedding party driving by with their horns beeping.......I stopped, put my hand over my heart, and faked a few tears. She asked "What are you doing???" I said "Another good man bites the dust!"..................she wasn't amused.
I also liked to introduce her as "This is my first wife"............she got mad. I said "Well you ARE, arn't you???" She still wasn't amused.

I once asked my Dad when he was intentionally irritating Mom why he would want to poke a sleeping bear with a stick. In the end you are going to get hurt and wonder what happened.

LOL!
I usually end up with the stick shoved up my.........you know.
UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#18 Posted : Saturday, December 13, 2008 9:32:09 PM(UTC)
wpr

United States

And yet you keep coing back. You must like the stick...

LOL!
I usually end up with the stick shoved up my.........you know.

And yet you keep coming back. You must like the stick...

UserPostedImage

Offline Cheesey  
#19 Posted : Saturday, December 13, 2008 9:44:00 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Well....i figure I'm gonna get in trouble either way. I always seem to find humor in the wierdest things........so if i'm gonna get the stick anyway, might as well get a LAUGH out of it first!
UserPostedImage
Offline Formo  
#20 Posted : Sunday, December 14, 2008 6:45:45 AM(UTC)
Formo

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

lol

I'm notorious for getting the eye roll and the head shake from my wife with my sense of humor, so I know where you are coming from, Sir Cheesmeister. I'd give a few examples, but, honestly, I can't think of any right now.

The joys of having a short term memory. lol
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Offline Cheesey  
#21 Posted : Sunday, December 14, 2008 10:28:14 AM(UTC)
Cheesey

lol

I'm notorious for getting the eye roll and the head shake from my wife with my sense of humor, so I know where you are coming from, Sir Cheesmeister. I'd give a few examples, but, honestly, I can't think of any right now.

Well then.....just ask your wife!
I'm SURE she hasn't forgotten ANY of the things you said!!!LOL! :thumbleft:
UserPostedImage
Offline dfosterf  
#22 Posted : Sunday, December 14, 2008 10:51:58 AM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Applause Received: 337

lol

Someone should do a scientific study of that differential. Why is it that wives are so able to drag up crap from like a bazillion years ago at the exact moment that it will do her the most good in the argument department. I spend half my life trying to remember shit she has already dragged up and fail in that regard also. I don't know if my personal tendency to keep my big yap shut has been learned, trained, or indicative of some semblance of ...dare I say it?...wisdom? Perhaps that's what wisdom is, at least for us married men. :thumbleft:
UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.

Offline 4PackGirl  
#23 Posted : Sunday, December 14, 2008 1:18:37 PM(UTC)
4PackGirl

Applause Given2: 150
Applause Received: 121

our memories are LONG, my friends. ;)
UserPostedImage
Offline Cheesey  
#24 Posted : Sunday, December 14, 2008 1:29:07 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

My wife will pull out jewelry that i have bought her over the years and ask "Do you remember when you bought me this?" Now........we have been married for 27 years, and were engaged for nearly 4 years. I have bought her jewelry SO many times, i couldn't count them all. I have good taste for the stuff, and i don't just buy for special occasions, i do alot of it "just because". If i see something i know she will like, and i have the money, i'll get it for her. I just can't remember what/when all the stuff I got for her. I tried answering ONE time, and of course was wrong. She gets mad at me and says "Don't you remember ANYTHING about our past???" So now I just answer, "No".......and of course i get the same angry response.
I understand the stuff means alot to her, but since i didn't keep a log of what/when i bought it, i just end up in trouble.
I know she's not really mad at me..........and I'm glad she appreciates the things i get her.
It just frustrates the heck outta me sometimes! LOL!
UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#25 Posted : Sunday, December 14, 2008 2:07:46 PM(UTC)
wpr

United States

Cheesey it is not many men that can get in trouble for buying jewlery. Well done.

UserPostedImage

Offline Heatherthepackgirl  
#26 Posted : Sunday, December 14, 2008 4:01:41 PM(UTC)
Heatherthepackgirl

Applause Received: 1

lol

Someone should do a scientific study of that differential. Why is it that wives are so able to drag up crap from like a bazillion years ago at the exact moment that it will do her the most good in the argument department. I spend half my life trying to remember shit she has already dragged up and fail in that regard also. I don't know if my personal tendency to keep my big yap shut has been learned, trained, or indicative of some semblance of ...dare I say it?...wisdom? Perhaps that's what wisdom is, at least for us married men. :thumbleft:

For me, if I bring stuff that we talked about that happened many moons ago its because it was never solved in the first place. Ed always says that was then, this is now, but things do fester over time if they are not talked about and solved.
Heathiee
Offline wpr  
#27 Posted : Sunday, December 14, 2008 5:34:57 PM(UTC)
wpr

United States

lol

For me, if I bring stuff that we talked about that happened many moons ago its because it was never solved in the first place. Ed always says that was then, this is now, but things do fester over time if they are not talked about and solved.

Not for men. :grin:

UserPostedImage

Offline Cheesey  
#28 Posted : Sunday, December 14, 2008 7:13:45 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Cheesey it is not many men that can get in trouble for buying jewlery. Well done.

I know!
I guess I'm "special"!
(Now i sit and wait for the obvious comments...........)LOL!
UserPostedImage
Offline MontanaBob  
#29 Posted : Sunday, December 14, 2008 8:57:28 PM(UTC)
MontanaBob

Applause Received: 45

My wife will bring up stuff that I don't have a clue about, remember, or even know if it actually happened or was said. So, I have come up with a sure fire thing that calms all situations before they even start.

Every 40 minutes or so I blurt out "I'm really sorry, honey." This confuses the hell out of her and she goes nuts trying to figure out what in the world I'm sorry for. Then she'll ask, "what did YOU do?" And I'll reply, "oh you know what!"
Then she'll say, "No, I don't know what?"
Me: "well, if you can't remember the forget it."

This drives her nuts, then she realizes she's just been hit with reverse physchology, and only women are suppossed to fight battles like that.
I get a slap upside the head and about 40 minutes later....."Im sorry.."
Anyone for a Weenie Roast?
Offline Nonstopdrivel  
#30 Posted : Sunday, December 14, 2008 9:03:01 PM(UTC)
Nonstopdrivel

United States

Applause Given: 365
Applause Received: 263

All I can say to MontanaBob is: lmfao
UserPostedImage