You are not logged in. Join Free! | Log In Thank you!    

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Share
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 18, 2012 6:30:11 AM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Posts: 2,196
Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Lima, Ohio

Applause Given: 214
Applause Received: 332

"And yet, defenses are paying attention to him. Against the Texans, who gave up six touchdown passes to Rodgers, the perfect illustration came on Rodgers’ second of three TD passes to Jordy Nelson, a 21-yarder that made it 21-7. (For a brilliant breakdown of the entire play, read ex-Packers safety Matt Bowen’s piece on National Football Post. Bowen is as good as it gets when it comes to explaining complex NFL concepts to the rest of us.)"
I agree, let's cut his ass. That way the opposing Defensive Coordinator has one less weapon to worry about.

I think a thread should be started listing the players that members of this forum wanted "cut", because "in their opinion" they are either overpaid, underachieving, or just plain "suck".

We can call it the "knee jerk reaction thread"

I'll let Zero decide whether this thread should be started, but here is my list from the last few years.

1. Jarret Bush(this guy should have never been on the roster)
2. A.J. Hawk(total underachiever)
3. Donald Driver(this guy should have retired 3 years ago)
4. James Jones(guy can't catch)
5. Charles Woodson(way overpaid)
6. B.J. Raji( great 1st year, but hasn't been the same since)
7. Sam Shields(one year wonder)
8. Greg Jennings(can't stay healthy anymore)
9. Jermicheal Finley(talks too much)

That's a start, just a few I remember.

One more thing, ask yourself this.

Where would The Packers be today without the players listed above?

Edited by moderator Sunday, November 18, 2012 9:06:34 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

“"The preparation week is where you make your hay,You have to win the week first. That’s where a lot of the wins and losses come. It’s how you approach the week leading up to the game."
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Gaycandybacon on 11/18/2012(UTC)
Sponsor
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#2 Posted : Sunday, November 18, 2012 9:05:34 AM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Posts: 2,196
Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Lima, Ohio

Applause Given: 214
Applause Received: 332

What Zero, you didn't like "knee jerk reaction" for a title?

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

That's better!!!!
“"The preparation week is where you make your hay,You have to win the week first. That’s where a lot of the wins and losses come. It’s how you approach the week leading up to the game."
Offline nerdmann  
#3 Posted : Sunday, November 18, 2012 10:09:39 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Posts: 6,535
Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,108
Applause Received: 474

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan Go to Quoted Post
"And yet, defenses are paying attention to him. Against the Texans, who gave up six touchdown passes to Rodgers, the perfect illustration came on Rodgers’ second of three TD passes to Jordy Nelson, a 21-yarder that made it 21-7. (For a brilliant breakdown of the entire play, read ex-Packers safety Matt Bowen’s piece on National Football Post. Bowen is as good as it gets when it comes to explaining complex NFL concepts to the rest of us.)"
I agree, let's cut his ass. That way the opposing Defensive Coordinator has one less weapon to worry about.

I think a thread should be started listing the players that members of this forum wanted "cut", because "in their opinion" they are either overpaid, underachieving, or just plain "suck".

We can call it the "knee jerk reaction thread"

I'll let Zero decide whether this thread should be started, but here is my list from the last few years.

1. Jarret Bush(this guy should have never been on the roster)
2. A.J. Hawk(total underachiever)
3. Donald Driver(this guy should have retired 3 years ago)
4. James Jones(guy can't catch)
5. Charles Woodson(way overpaid)
6. B.J. Raji( great 1st year, but hasn't been the same since)
7. Sam Shields(one year wonder)
8. Greg Jennings(can't stay healthy anymore)
9. Jermicheal Finley(talks too much)

That's a start, just a few I remember.

One more thing, ask yourself this.

Where would The Packers be today without the players listed above?


Last year? Arguably the Superbowl.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline Blitz  
#4 Posted : Sunday, November 18, 2012 12:04:45 PM(UTC)
Blitz

Rank: 6th Round Draft Pick

Posts: 231
Joined: 10/12/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 7
Applause Received: 16

That one guy who was always getting referred to as "China doll" is still on the team?!!?

Click here for answer
blank
Offline steveishere  
#5 Posted : Sunday, November 18, 2012 2:24:10 PM(UTC)
steveishere

Rank: 3rd Round Draft Pick

Posts: 1,244
Joined: 7/28/2012(UTC)

Applause Given: 27
Applause Received: 601

Packers didn't completely destroy the Lions... FIRE EVERYBODY!
Offline zombieslayer  
#6 Posted : Sunday, November 18, 2012 3:08:47 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Posts: 9,919
Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: San Francisco

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Well, it's obvious Mason Crosby should be on that list now.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#7 Posted : Sunday, November 18, 2012 3:13:00 PM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

United States
Posts: 829
Joined: 9/17/2012(UTC)
Location: Hanover Park, IL

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 173

Finley played great today! hope he continues to improve on this.
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2012 5:04:45 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Posts: 2,196
Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Lima, Ohio

Applause Given: 214
Applause Received: 332

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
Last year? Arguably the Superbowl.


I want to hear your argument,

Packers went 15-1 in the regular season, Giants flat outplayed them in the playoff game.

Any team turns the ball over 4 times and odds are pretty good they are going to lose.
(unless of course they are playing The Cardinals, really Matty "ice" 5 int.!!!! You killed me in FFl this week)LOL

Shit happens.

Statements like the one you just made just validates my reason for starting this thread.

No GM, coach, or player is at the top of their game every single week.

“"The preparation week is where you make your hay,You have to win the week first. That’s where a lot of the wins and losses come. It’s how you approach the week leading up to the game."
Offline nerdmann  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2012 10:31:25 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Posts: 6,535
Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,108
Applause Received: 474

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan Go to Quoted Post
I want to hear your argument,

Packers went 15-1 in the regular season, Giants flat outplayed them in the playoff game.

Any team turns the ball over 4 times and odds are pretty good they are going to lose.
(unless of course they are playing The Cardinals, really Matty "ice" 5 int.!!!! You killed me in FFl this week)LOL

Shit happens.

Statements like the one you just made just validates my reason for starting this thread.

No GM, coach, or player is at the top of their game every single week.



Ok, rephrase my statement, and I will argue it. Include the names of players concerned.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2012 3:58:54 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Posts: 2,196
Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Lima, Ohio

Applause Given: 214
Applause Received: 332

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
Ok, rephrase my statement, and I will argue it. Include the names of players concerned.




What???????
“"The preparation week is where you make your hay,You have to win the week first. That’s where a lot of the wins and losses come. It’s how you approach the week leading up to the game."
Offline macbob  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2012 4:03:35 PM(UTC)
macbob

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Posts: 1,696
Joined: 10/12/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 253
Applause Received: 226

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan Go to Quoted Post
What???????


Next step will be asking you to reprhase his arguments. I think he wants you to argue with yourself.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Porforis on 1/14/2013(UTC)
Offline Zero2Cool  
#12 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 5:53:13 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

United States
Posts: 25,229
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,744
Applause Received: 1,792

Any other contributions?

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline Pack93z  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2013 12:47:32 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

Rank: Hall of Famer

U.S. Minor Islands
Posts: 12,605
Joined: 3/16/2007(UTC)
Location: North Central Wisconsin

Applause Given: 353
Applause Received: 937

I avoided the site completely on Saturday for this reason.. emotions running in full.
The wolves will never lose sleep over the feelings of the sheep.

UserPostedImage
Offline yooperfan  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2013 2:28:47 PM(UTC)
yooperfan

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Posts: 1,717
Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Ishpeming Michigan

Applause Given: 480
Applause Received: 227

My knees are still jerking, even my rusty metal one.
Offline Pack93z  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2013 2:30:54 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

Rank: Hall of Famer

U.S. Minor Islands
Posts: 12,605
Joined: 3/16/2007(UTC)
Location: North Central Wisconsin

Applause Given: 353
Applause Received: 937

Originally Posted by: yooperfan Go to Quoted Post
My knees are still jerking, even my rusty metal one.


LOL.. yeah most Packer games I make sure that I have it locked on good.. no flying limb zone.
The wolves will never lose sleep over the feelings of the sheep.

UserPostedImage
Users browsing this topic
Guest
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF 2.1.0 | YAF © 2003-2014, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 0.250 seconds.