Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.
3 Pages123>

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
yooperfan  
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2012 8:18:35 PM(UTC)
The Green Bay Packers offensive line is pathetic.
The sad thing is there is no remedy waiting in the wings that can cure this problem.
This issue will last maybe years down the road as it takes 2 or 3 years for draft picks to show up and lord knows Thompson is not adept at drafting offensive lineman.
User is suspended until 5/28/2018 11:54:40 AM(UTC) DakotaT  
#2 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2012 8:22:00 PM(UTC)
yooperfan said: Go to Quoted Post
The sad thing is there is no remedy waiting in the wings that can cure this problem.
This issue will last maybe years down the road as it takes 2 or 3 years for draft picks to show up and lord knows Thompson is not adept at drafting offensive lineman.

That and he's too cheap to go grab a stud OLineman in free agency.

I knew this game would be trouble because of the injuries, but I didn't expect this kind of beat down.
shield4life  
#3 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2012 8:22:39 PM(UTC)
2 or 3 years? Are you serious? ... We've got Bulaga out which is a huge loss & if Sherrod can stay healthy the o-line would be very strong next year. Of course we can draft a couple of o-lines to replace Lang & Smith but I don't think we're 2 3 years away. I mean if we had Bulaga in it would be much better.
shield4life  
#4 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2012 8:23:28 PM(UTC)
What about our defense ...
yooperfan  
#5 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2012 8:28:10 PM(UTC)
shield4life said: Go to Quoted Post
2 or 3 years? Are you serious? ... We've got Bulaga out which is a huge loss & if Sherrod can stay healthy the o-line would be very strong next year. Of course we can draft a couple of o-lines to replace Lang & Smith but I don't think we're 2 3 years away. I mean if we had Bulaga in it would be much better.

ut we don't have Bulaga, who wasn't plying that great prior to his injury.
Neither do we have a decent center, left guard or left tackle.
This OL is a train wreck and the engineer must be drunk.

musccy  
#6 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2012 8:47:56 PM(UTC)
The line was almost this pathetic vs. Seattle when Bulaga was in. These worthless piles of unathletic overpayed fat can't even stop a 3 man rush, totally useless. Of course the whole team is today, even Masthay is punting like garbage.
Zero2Cool  
#7 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2012 9:02:16 PM(UTC)
yooperfan said: Go to Quoted Post

Again, the talent is there at OL, it is the COACHING that needs to go! You draft football players and coaches make them into professional football players. The COACHING is NOT doing their job!

#8 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2012 9:02:21 PM(UTC)
Sometimes a good ass kicking jumpstarts a team. We're still in good shape to win the division. Our young guys on defense are getting invaluable playing time.
Yerko  
#9 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2012 9:02:37 PM(UTC)
shield4life said: Go to Quoted Post
What about our defense ...

Our defense will be fine once we get our starters back. Yeah, our rookies were playing good football but it was only a matter of time they met their maker. Matthews, Woodson and Shields will make the defense better.

Our offensive line is as bad as the Chicago Bears offensive line. There is no saving that this season. They can't run block and they can't pass block against speed rushers.

beast  
#10 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2012 9:02:39 PM(UTC)
musccy said: Go to Quoted Post
The line was almost this pathetic vs. Seattle when Bulaga was in. These worthless piles of unathletic overpayed fat can't even stop a 3 man rush, totally useless. Of course the whole team is today, even Masthay is punting like garbage.

I'm pretty sure Bulaga was not 100% in the Seahawks game... he wasn't himself in that game at all (and Mike McCarthy passed the ball for a super high % the first half of that game which sure didn't help out the OL.)
musccy  
#11 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2012 9:02:40 PM(UTC)
No effort, no hustle on screens, they pull like they've got cement blocks on theyre feet. It's one thing to get your asses kicked, another if you appear to give absolutely no effort.
PackFanWithTwins  
#12 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2012 9:22:17 PM(UTC)
What I am seeing is missing Wells at C. With him, our tackles were able to protect the outside, because our Guards were allowed to protect for the inside move. Without him, I see more helping in the middle leaving the Tackles on their own. How many times I remember Clifton getting beat and either colledge or Lang bailing him out. That doesn't happen anymore.

The play calling doesn't help either. When you have trouble blocking you call plays to help them. I don't see that.
nerdmann  
#13 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2012 9:27:03 PM(UTC)
musccy said: Go to Quoted Post
No effort, no hustle on screens, they pull like they've got cement blocks on theyre feet. It's one thing to get your asses kicked, another if you appear to give absolutely no effort.

When they play like this and win, like last week, everyone gives them a pass.

This is why I don't.
musccy  
#14 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2012 9:36:36 PM(UTC)
nerdmann said: Go to Quoted Post
When they play like this and win, like last week, everyone gives them a pass.

This is why I don't.

Agreed, everyone was excited about this team when they narrowly beat some patty-cakes in their schedule. Fairley owned this unit last week, I get theyre reshuffeling, but this is an inexcusable joke of "talent" on the field right now.
TexasPackerFan  
#15 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2012 9:45:49 PM(UTC)
Can someone hand me the lube this is starting to hurt... Pathetic
Since69  
#16 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2012 10:02:09 PM(UTC)
Why, why, why is James Campen still employed? Have we had a decent line since 2007? Even in 2010, Aaron was running for his life.
play2win  
#17 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 7:40:35 AM(UTC)
Those are worthy questions, Since.

If the philosophy of "next man up" is your mantra, shouldn't the next man up be ready to carry out his assignments?

Personally, I think it is a combination of poor OL coaching, and oppr play calling that fails to emphasize a power rushing attack.
musccy  
#18 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 7:51:34 AM(UTC)
play2win said: Go to Quoted Post
Those are worthy questions, Since.

If the philosophy of "next man up" is your mantra, shouldn't the next man up be ready to carry out his assignments?

Personally, I think it is a combination of poor OL coaching, and oppr play calling that fails to emphasize a power rushing attack.

The next man up is cute rhetoric, but in reality it doesn't mean much. Your starters are starters for a reason - they're more talented, faster, quicker, stronger, more instinctive. If Harrell or Driver were forced into the position of "next man up" we could preach the mantra all we want, but would you really expect the same production?

play2win  
#19 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 8:06:21 AM(UTC)
Uh, I didn't call it that. I know there are greater and lesser talents on all teams that fill out the roster. The point is, even our starters have failed, miserably, against top pass rushes when we don't commit to the run.

1. Get your guys ready to run block.
2. Call the running plays that allow your guys to run block.
3. Win.

How hard is that?
#20 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 8:09:46 AM(UTC)
I think Lang should go back to guard, EDS moved to center and bring in Barclay to play RT with a tight end next him. Saturday is done - and we are just fooling ourselves thinking we can get another season out of him.

I was pissed that we didn't draft a center when it was a definite weakness going into the season.
Rss Feed