Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
K_Buz  
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2012 9:59:26 PM(UTC)
I was sitting here watching MM's presser after the game and found myself IRATE when he said, in effect, it starts with coaching and he failed. Then he blamed himself for calling some bad plays and getting away from the game plan.

I don't know what he SHOULD say, but what he did say tonight didn't help me feel better about this loss. ](*,) [-(
Pack93z  
#2 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2012 10:04:47 PM(UTC)
But it is mostly the truth.. when the chips are pushed, we are still a one trick pony on offense.

Sooner or later, we will focus on fixing the offensive line and running game.. and that starts with Campen. Then on to MM.

But I have to give him credit for the most part of the last 6 games.. he is at least trying to run and keep balance. We still have more work to do.

Personally, I think it time to walk Campen and try a new direction with a position coach. Please.
gbguy20  
#3 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2012 10:09:13 PM(UTC)
Did he explain why James Starks was standing on the sideline for most of the game?
K_Buz  
#4 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2012 10:09:52 PM(UTC)
MM is a veteran head coach who has won the Super Bowl and made the playoffs year in and year out. Someone with his resume shouldn't panic and loose sight of his gameplan. Like I said, I don't know what he should have said to make a fan like me feel better and I am not calling for his head.
nerdmann  
#5 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2012 10:18:39 PM(UTC)
I thought Green and Starks ran hard.

Sucks that they're running behind such a shit line, but I thought they played with heart tonight.

They probably sat Starks down, because of that really ugly drop.
gbguy20  
#6 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2012 10:20:41 PM(UTC)
nerdmann said: Go to Quoted Post
I thought Green and Starks ran hard.

Sucks that they're running behind such a shit line, but I thought they played with heart tonight.

They probably sat Starks down, because of that really ugly drop.

the one thrown at his feet?!
PackFanWithTwins  
#7 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2012 10:21:08 PM(UTC)
I've found it easier just not to listen to his press conferences.
K_Buz  
#8 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2012 10:25:38 PM(UTC)
Just saw a snippet of Mike Tomlin's presser...he knows how to give a press conference.
nerdmann  
#9 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2012 10:30:44 PM(UTC)
gbguy20 said: Go to Quoted Post
the one thrown at his feet?!

Starks had one right in his hands for a first down and he dropped it, Finley style.

Finley came up with a clutch play again today, but also shit himself.
PackFanWithTwins  
#10 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2012 10:34:18 PM(UTC)
nerdmann said: Go to Quoted Post
Starks had one right in his hands for a first down and he dropped it, Finley style.

Finley came up with a clutch play again today, but also shit himself.

Only recall one pass to Starks and it was terrible dump off attempt from Rodgers. At his knees at best and behind starks.
gbguy20  
#11 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2012 10:50:23 PM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins said: Go to Quoted Post
Only recall one pass to Starks and it was terrible dump off attempt from Rodgers.

what this guy said
steveishere  
#12 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 6:43:13 AM(UTC)
Why would you be irate? Did you lose a bunch of money or something?
play2win  
#13 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 7:08:23 AM(UTC)
I don't get not having your OL ready for that NYG DL looking to right their ways off the bye. How are they that unprepared?

I don't get not calling James Jones' number. At all.

I don't get Finley's overflowing locker of free passes.

I don't get our continued lack of quality DL depth. This was a huge problem LAST year, and we still do not have an adequate NT backup to give Raji and Pick a blow. That's on Ted.

The rest, ultimately, is on McCarthy, and his players. He took the blame, but it doesn't make me feel any better.
musccy  
#14 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 7:21:59 AM(UTC)
play2win said: Go to Quoted Post
I don't get not having your OL ready for that NYG DL looking to right their ways off the bye. How are they that unprepared?

I don't get our continued lack of quality DL depth. This was a huge problem LAST year, and we still do not have an adequate NT backup to give Raji and Pick a blow. That's on Ted.

I don't know if it's a lack of preparation, I just think the talent is lacking. I get there aren't better options now, but Lang has no business playing tackle, and Newhouse has proven to be a liability for 2 years now.

Neal, Worthy, and Daniels were all projected high picks by many teams, they just haven't panned out (yet). It's not a lack of effort by Ted to address this, it's just been some apparent average to subpar picks.
User is suspended until 5/28/2018 11:54:40 AM(UTC) DakotaT  
#15 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 7:39:13 AM(UTC)
The only thing making me feel better about last night's beatdown Kbuz is your avatar. We are a finesse offense playing a bully. It really is gutcheck time because the rest of the season we will be playing superior defensive lines. I've said it all year that Saturday sucks and is done. The guards have to cover his ass and can't slide to help the tackles. Add to this that Finley is a subpar blocker and you really have a problem. The Giants really exposed Marshall Newhouse's weakness last night - he cannot block in space - Osi made him look real silly.

The Packers are going to have to dum down the offense and go with more double tight ends against the Giants.
musccy  
#16 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 8:02:34 AM(UTC)
DakotaT said: Go to Quoted Post
The only thing making me feel better about last night's beatdown Kbuz is your avatar. We are a finesse offense playing a bully. It really is gutcheck time because the rest of the season we will be playing superior defensive lines. I've said it all year that Saturday sucks and is done. The guards have to cover his ass and can't slide to help the tackles. Add to this that Finley is a subpar blocker and you really have a problem. The Giants really exposed Marshall Newhouse's weakness last night - he cannot block in space - Osi made him look real silly.

The Packers are going to have to dum down the offense and go with more double tight ends against the Giants.

Agreed, finess is the key word, at both lines, and with the WRs in any sort of press coverage.

Rss Feed