Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
4 Pages«<234
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline RajiRoar  
#46 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 12:18:35 PM(UTC)
Laser Gunns

United States

Applause Given: 40
Applause Received: 244

As easy as it is to goat our OL, Rodgers and McCarthy have done them no favors this year.

(Holding the ball, not throwing short, calling long developing routes)

MintBaconDrivel

Dec, 11, 2012 - FOREVER!
thanks Post received 1 applause.
nerdmann on 11/26/2012(UTC)
Offline Rockmolder  
#47 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 12:19:46 PM(UTC)
Rockmolder

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2010

Netherlands

Applause Given: 156
Applause Received: 258

Originally Posted by: RajiRoar Go to Quoted Post
As easy as it is to goat our OL, Rodgers and McCarthy have done them no favors this year.

(Holding the ball, not throwing short, calling long developing routes)

I saw a ton of quick outs, sticks etc. None of our guys where getting any kind of seperation, though. Not that weird when they can constantly rush just four and get to Aaron in a second or three.
UserPostedImage
Offline beast  
#48 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 12:33:54 PM(UTC)
beast

Applause Given: 246
Applause Received: 312

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
I think we're fine at NT.

We keep 6 DL. Two at each position.

NTs are Pickett and Raji. Pickett is the run stuffer, Raji is the pass rusher.

Honestly I thought that for a while... but has Raji been getting any pass rush lately?

I'm a big Pickett fan and think he's underrated but this DL doesn't seem to be getting the job done as whole. Don't get me wrong it's been decent to good at times. But there hasn't been any real stand out players the last two years, just consistently slightly above average guys...

And for the record I have noticed they have changed the defense some, being more conservative with the DL, protecting the LB more going to a more traditional 3-4 defense like the Patriots used to run. BUT even with Capers lets the dogs loose playing in the aggressive styles like he has the last couple of years... they not really getting too much pressure other than against bad OL (like the Lions RG, which they took a bad OL and made him look horrible.).
America's team Of the people by the people for the people Packer People
UserPostedImage
~ madeby ~ pack93z ~
Wade on 11/27/2012(UTC)
Offline Pack93z  
#49 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 1:00:52 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 396
Applause Received: 1,073

Originally Posted by: Rockmolder Go to Quoted Post
I saw a ton of quick outs, sticks etc. None of our guys where getting any kind of seperation, though. Not that weird when they can constantly rush just four and get to Aaron in a second or three.

Exactly, I think that is what is being underlooked last night.. the receivers were getting handled in the jam and couple that with a defense that could let loose on the pass rush after we got down.. it was the perfect storm.

They and the rest of the NFL knows are MO.. we will abandon the run at some point if pushed. I had hope that we stick with it and stay patient. That pick was a killer that put a little panic in MM.

We are not as bad as that game indicated.. but we definitely have work to do. Cowherd called us frauds.. and beyond Rodgers a pathetic team. I hope those statements hit the locker room.. that and the late 4th down tries.

I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
play2win on 11/26/2012(UTC)
Offline DarkaneRules  
#50 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 3:40:43 PM(UTC)
DarkaneRules

Applause Given: 211
Applause Received: 354

Well I mean fraud is harsh but we are certainly not super bowl contenders with the team we took out on the field yesterday.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
Offline nerdmann  
#51 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 4:39:45 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,627
Applause Received: 651

Originally Posted by: Rockmolder Go to Quoted Post

I think Greg Jennings might be more valuable than anyone realizes.

But I also don't think Mike McCarthy called the best game yesterday, by his own admission.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline nerdmann  
#52 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 5:57:00 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Micheal Rodney's Twitter:

Quote:
It's always a risk playing a rookie, but at least Barclay has a chance to improve. EDS is a journeyman who has maxed out.

He's suggesting giving Barlay a shot over EDS.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline coltonja  
#53 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 6:20:14 PM(UTC)
coltonja

Applause Given: 58
Applause Received: 31

We have a player who has never started at LG, a short term replacement(hopefully) at LT, and a player that has moved around the line since we brought him here at RT. And we went up against the best d-line in the NFL. Please, let's just throw everyone away. We could probably sign a better OL from the street. We could even bring back Clifton.

The Giants owned us last year when we had our most concrete line for years. Did we really expect to go in and dominate the trenches? There's one way to beat the Giants (and any other D as dominate as them), there must be some form of respect for the run. Balance is fine and dandy against the middle of the pack but having a quality run game is vital against teams like the 9'ers and Giants.

We may not see the Giants again this year. But if we do, I guarantee it will be a different team on our side of things for a couple of reasons-
1) The return of players- including Ced
2) A team that isn't apathetic- I believe our team came out entirely flat and read Randall Cobb said that after the game
UserPostedImage

Thanks to pack93z for the sig!!!
Zero2Cool on 11/27/2012(UTC)
Offline nerdmann  
#54 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2012 11:14:13 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Micheal Rodney's Twitter:

Quote:
Pro Football Focus: When Rodgers had 2.6 seconds or more vs. NYG, his QB rating was 125.9. With 2.5 seconds or less, his QB rating was 25.9.
Offline gbguy20  
#55 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2012 10:52:27 AM(UTC)
gbguy20

Applause Given: 206
Applause Received: 285

Originally Posted by: coltonja Go to Quoted Post
We have a player who has never started at LG, a short term replacement(hopefully) at LT, and a player that has moved around the line since we brought him here at RT. And we went up against the best d-line in the NFL. Please, let's just throw everyone away. We could probably sign a better OL from the street. We could even bring back Clifton.

The Giants owned us last year when we had our most concrete line for years. Did we really expect to go in and dominate the trenches? There's one way to beat the Giants (and any other D as dominate as them), there must be some form of respect for the run. Balance is fine and dandy against the middle of the pack but having a quality run game is vital against teams like the 9'ers and Giants.

We may not see the Giants again this year. But if we do, I guarantee it will be a different team on our side of things for a couple of reasons-
1) The return of players- including Ced
2) A team that isn't apathetic- I believe our team came out entirely flat and read Randall Cobb said that after the game

1) Doesn't sound like Ced is going to be returning.
2) Our team came out flat last year in playoffs. Our team came out flat Sunday in a game that they should have all been pumped for. Why are you sure they won't do the same shit again?
call me Dan
Rss Feed