You are not logged in. Join Free! | Log In Thank you!    

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline QCHuskerFan  
#1 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 2:00:13 PM(UTC)
QCHuskerFan

Applause Given: 60
Applause Received: 93

Is it just me or does it seem like Tramon is good for at least 1 blown tackle per game? Usually leading to a big play? Maybe when Shields gets back, Tramon needs to sit. He is not so good in cover that his tackling can be continuously forgiven. In my opinion.
blank
Sponsor
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#2 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 2:02:09 PM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Applause Given: 11
Applause Received: 345

Examples?
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
Offline play2win  
#3 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 2:05:01 PM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 844
Applause Received: 547

Originally Posted by: QCHuskerFan Go to Quoted Post
Is it just me or does it seem like Tramon is good for at least 1 blown tackle per game? Usually leading to a big play? Maybe when Shields gets back, Tramon needs to sit. He is not so good in cover that his tackling can be continuously forgiven. In my opinion.

I know which play you are talking about, and I was shocked at how NOBODY was running to the football to help out. NOBODY. Yeah, Tramon blew that tackle, but he really had no help either. That, to me, is bad TEAM play. It was a perfect example of how badly all of the Packers sucked last night, players and coaches. Horrible.
Offline QCHuskerFan  
#4 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 2:08:58 PM(UTC)
QCHuskerFan

Applause Given: 60
Applause Received: 93

1st half last night. I believe it was a 3rd and about 8. Tramon comes up and grabs the receiver for about a 3 yards gain. Only he doesn't tackle, just kind of twirls him backwards. Receiver doesn't fall down and instead heads back downfield picking up the 1st down. Giants proceed to score on the drive.

I am at work and can't review the game, but I am 90% sure of that play, the timing and the result. 3rd down and a chance to get off the field. Instead, a wussy attempt to throw someone down instead of wrapping and driving them down. Hell, don't drive, just fall down with them!
blank
Offline Porforis  
#5 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 2:13:01 PM(UTC)
Porforis

United States

Applause Given: 167
Applause Received: 328

It seems like Tramon's been average all year all around. Which isn't really a bad thing, just a bit of a letdown that he hasn't progressed.
UserPostedImage
Offline beast  
#6 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 3:08:05 PM(UTC)
beast

Applause Given: 119
Applause Received: 211

As the #1 CB, I think they give him less help... so when he makes a mistake the offense player is able to do more with it. I think it would be the same with any other DB... if left one on one and they make a mistake it's gonna go a bit further than a play with two DBs covering.

Question is could another CB do better one on one? ... I don't know the answer... but I can say I think House and Shields were making more mistakes against non #1 WRs, than Williams has against #1 WRs (not counting Calvin Johnson where he's just a beast). I don't remember Hayward making many mistakes though I'm sure he's had some as all players do.

America's team... of the people, by the people, for the people
UserPostedImage
~ made by pack93z
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Porforis on 11/27/2012(UTC)
Offline nerdmann  
#7 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 4:37:41 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,106
Applause Received: 470

Tramon's arm still is not completely healed.

A peripheral nerve will regrow, but it will do so at the rate of about 1 millimeter per day, on a good day.

Takes time, I'm not worried about Tramon Williams.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline coltonja  
#8 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 6:04:45 PM(UTC)
coltonja

Applause Given: 52
Applause Received: 29

This thread, along with the majority of the posts that I have read the last 24 hours, have given me the most face palming of my young life. d'oh!
UserPostedImage

Thanks to pack93z for the sig!!!
DakotaT on 11/26/2012(UTC)
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#9 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 7:09:24 PM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Applause Given: 11
Applause Received: 345

One pass was completed vs Tramon's coverage, it was a comeback route, on 1st down at the end of the 1/2 after Rodgers fumble. He did not make the tackle, he did hold him up, and should have been plenty for somebody else on defense to get in an help. Only other real chance he had at a tackle, he made it.

Reality and perception don't match.
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#10 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 7:20:17 PM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

United States

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 173

That one play where he had, I think it was Nicks, in the backfield.. that made me crunge But it's not only on him NO one tackled last night. It was a pitiful performance. They can play a whole lot better than this. I'm not gonna blame this on the injured players either.. We didn't play tough or energized at all. All I have to say is.... we're not done. Teams are in a lot worse shape than us. We just went on a 5 game winning streak for gods sake. Theres better teams this year more so than last year. This playoff race is gonna be a tight one. This division will come down to week 15 at the bears. If we go 12-4 we'll win the division, If we go 11-5 we will get a wildcard. I'm afraid 10-6 won't cut it this year. I just have a feeling. Anything can happen.
Offline blueleopard  
#11 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 7:32:39 PM(UTC)
blueleopard

Applause Received: 57

I watch 49ers games every week.

Then I watch the Packers.

Tramon Williams isn't the only player on the roster who can't tackle for shit.
Danreb Victorio A Believer of Greg Jennings
Offline musccy  
#12 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 10:34:02 PM(UTC)
musccy

Applause Given: 122
Applause Received: 114

First, the lack of defensive help when Tramon dragged (randle?) Back 5 yards was deplorable. Say what you will about his tackling skills on that play but to have no Packer w/in 5 yards after the 2-3 seconds Williams held him up shows how embarrassingly apathetic this team was last night.

Secondly, GCB, who cares if this team can win the division? Vs. The 49ers and now twice in 10 months vs. The Giants the Packers have shown they have zero answer for an athletic front 4 and corners willing to press at the line. Furthermore, save for the Texans game, the 5 game win streak is a false sense of security. This team narrowly beat the Jags, Lions, and Cards during that stretch.
play2win on 11/27/2012(UTC)
Offline Zero2Cool  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2012 7:12:50 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Applause Given: 1,739
Applause Received: 1,790

It seems the colder it is outside, the less the players are willing to stick their body into a tackle and wrap up.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2012 7:52:23 AM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

United States

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 173

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
It seems the colder it is outside, the less the players are willing to stick their body into a tackle and wrap up.

No wonder we always play well indoors.
Offline play2win  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2012 12:13:44 PM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 844
Applause Received: 547

Originally Posted by: musccy Go to Quoted Post
First, the lack of defensive help when Tramon dragged (randle?) Back 5 yards was deplorable. Say what you will about his tackling skills on that play but to have no Packer w/in 5 yards after the 2-3 seconds Williams held him up shows how embarrassingly apathetic this team was last night.

Secondly, GCB, who cares if this team can win the division? Vs. The 49ers and now twice in 10 months vs. The Giants the Packers have shown they have zero answer for an athletic front 4 and corners willing to press at the line. Furthermore, save for the Texans game, the 5 game win streak is a false sense of security. This team narrowly beat the Jags, Lions, and Cards during that stretch.

That's where I was coming from regarding the missed tackle. That one in particular is on about 6-8 different players who were near enough, but made no effort to move to the ball carrier and help out. That was pathetic. Gotta go to the ball, always on defense. Fly to the ball. Hit, tackle disrupt. It wasn't happening.