Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
7 Pages«<4567>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline play2win  
#76 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2012 2:47:55 PM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins Go to Quoted Post
The thought has crossed my mind, and it doesn't make me happy. If it was just resting players, I could live with that, but he seemed to be calling vanilla plays as well which I don't like. And would hate if I was a player.

Yeah. The more I think about what we saw Sunday night, the more I think there was something other than an all-out effort by everyone involved. Not overt, but palpable. Even keeping Hayward out in favor of House, seems kind of odd looking back on it. Your hottest ballhawk? Capers said it was a size matchup issue. I have my doubts.

Mike McCarthy is playing for the postseason. Period. He wants his guys healthy, and he obviously wants to do his winning there. it is kind of tough to argue that tact, when the year prior, his team was going for an undefeated season, only to be blown out when it mattered most.
Offline DakotaT  
#77 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2012 2:58:46 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 661
Applause Received: 1,360

You guys can justify that dog shit we watched on Sunday night all you want to, I'll just go with we were undermanned and didn't belong on the same field with a rested Giants team. This isn't the NBA, and I have a hard time believing a team in the playoff hunts just punts away a conference game.
UserPostedImage
Offline play2win  
#78 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2012 3:09:42 PM(UTC)
play2win

United States

I'm not justifying jack shit Dakota. I said I don't agree with it. But, I can see the rationale. It is not the way I would have approached it. I would have tried to win the fucker and bring any postseason game back to GB so that we can take back our home field, and make it an advantage.

:-)
Offline DakotaT  
#79 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2012 3:16:11 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 661
Applause Received: 1,360

Originally Posted by: play2win Go to Quoted Post
I'm not justifying jack shit Dakota. I said I don't agree with it. But, I can see the rationale. It is not the way I would have approached it. I would have tried to win the fucker and bring any postseason game back to GB so that we can take back our home field, and make it an advantage.

:-)

I think we will win our division and get the 4th seed, so we'll host a wild card game and then travel to Atlanta. If we get by that game, we'll be playing either the 9ers or Giants on their field which I hope we get the 9ers. The Giants are a matchup nightmare for us.
UserPostedImage
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#80 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2012 5:45:41 PM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Applause Given: 13
Applause Received: 371

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
I think we will win our division and get the 4th seed, so we'll host a wild card game and then travel to Atlanta. If we get by that game, we'll be playing either the 9ers or Giants on their field which I hope we get the 9ers. The Giants are a matchup nightmare for us.

Assuming we win the division. That would probably mean we likely win out. Bears don't have a terribly hard schedule, they make it through Seattle this week, and we would be their only loss down the stretch. Making both of us 12-4. The Giants do have a tougher schedule, at Wash no guarantee their with that rivalry followed by NO, at ATL, at BAL before a bye week 17 vs Philly. I would not be surprised for them to lose one or 2 of those games. That would make us the higher seed with a game at home and on the road to SF not NY.

The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
Offline play2win  
#81 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2012 9:45:13 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post

I would rather play the Giants on their home turf than the 9ers.
Offline nerdmann  
#82 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2012 10:59:05 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,621
Applause Received: 651

I'm not afraid of the Giants OR the 9ers.

What I'm afraid of is the Mike McCarthy Lull.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline play2win  
#83 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2012 2:23:44 PM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Well, the man certainly has his work cut out for him doesn't he nerdman?
Offline nerdmann  
#84 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2012 2:59:51 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Well, the man certainly has his work cut out for him doesn't he nerdman?

The adjustments that could have been made in this last game did not require any great genius.

I have my own theory about MM. Aaron Rodgers too.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline all_about_da_packers  
#85 Posted : Saturday, December 1, 2012 11:35:28 PM(UTC)
all_about_da_packers

Applause Given: 11
Applause Received: 86

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
I have my own theory about MM. Aaron Rodgers too.

Does it involve Mike McCarthy being abducted and replaced by Aliens? Stupid-Aliens, to be precise.

Because I might actually think your theory has merit. A coach of MM's stature should not be missing things up as badly as he has been. Our O-line sucks, Rodgers is petrified of taking a risk like his lady-love's life depends on him not doing so, Finley is being treated like a past-his-prime Bubba Franks, Saturday is about as useful in blocking as a pregnant woman giving birth, our game plans being produced as if they were designed to target Defences playing 8 men in the box... I don't get what has happened.

I understand wanting to play your best heading into the playoffs. After last year no one should have an issue with that. But it's as if McCarthy is certain all these problems will magically get fixed. This is becoming more troubling week-after-week.
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
thanks Post received 2 applause.
gbguy20 on 12/1/2012(UTC), yooperfan on 12/2/2012(UTC)
Offline nerdmann  
#86 Posted : Sunday, December 2, 2012 12:06:31 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Originally Posted by: all_about_da_packers Go to Quoted Post
Does it involve Mike McCarthy being abducted and replaced by Aliens? Stupid-Aliens, to be precise.

Because I might actually think your theory has merit. A coach of MM's stature should not be missing things up as badly as he has been. Our O-line sucks, Rodgers is petrified of taking a risk like his lady-love's life depends on him not doing so, Finley is being treated like a past-his-prime Bubba Franks, Saturday is about as useful in blocking as a pregnant woman giving birth, our game plans being produced as if they were designed to target Defences playing 8 men in the box... I don't get what has happened.

I understand wanting to play your best heading into the playoffs. After last year no one should have an issue with that. But it's as if McCarthy is certain all these problems will magically get fixed. This is becoming more troubling week-after-week.

My theory is that Mike and Aaron are stats whores, because they want to surpass Favray in as many records as they can.

Hence the extreme over-emphasis on passing.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
yooperfan on 12/2/2012(UTC)
Offline Zero2Cool  
#87 Posted : Sunday, December 2, 2012 8:04:22 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,950
Applause Received: 2,166

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
My theory is that Mike and Aaron are stats whores, because they want to surpass Favray in as many records as they can.

Hence the extreme over-emphasis on passing.

IF you truly think that, you haven't paid any attention and need to turn in your fanhood immediately. The only thing they care about is winning more championships. When you realize this, accept it, then you can once again call yourself a fan of the Green Bay Packers.
UserPostedImage
Offline stevegb  
#88 Posted : Sunday, December 2, 2012 9:50:51 AM(UTC)
stevegb

Applause Received: 10

We're an elite team, you don't win the super bowl shying away from teams.
blank
Offline stevegb  
#89 Posted : Sunday, December 2, 2012 9:52:06 AM(UTC)
stevegb

Applause Received: 10

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
IF you truly think that, you haven't paid any attention and need to turn in your fanhood immediately. The only thing they care about is winning more championships. When you realize this, accept it, then you can once again call yourself a fan of the Green Bay Packers.

In fairness I also think A-Rod cares a little too much about his stats.
blank
Offline Zero2Cool  
#90 Posted : Sunday, December 2, 2012 10:14:18 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,950
Applause Received: 2,166

Originally Posted by: stevegb Go to Quoted Post
In fairness I also think A-Rod cares a little too much about his stats.

What do you have to base this opinion on? Are you using his exceptional memory against him here because you fail to believe a player can know numbers without being stuck on them? I'm open to hearing where this is coming from and I'm will to bet it's fruitless opinion. Brandon Marshall, now he cares too much about stats. Evidence by that is his knowing how many yards he needed to top 1,000 yards. After making the total, he went back to Jay Cutler and said "hey, I'm over 1,000 yards this season now".

You won't hear that about Aaron Rodgers.
UserPostedImage
Rss Feed