Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
5 Pages<12345>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Cheesey  
#31 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2012 5:02:27 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 160
Applause Received: 348

At this point in the season, i don't see anyone out there that would be a great help. Picking off the "garbage heap" i don't believe would even be a quick fix right now.

They need to get on these guys and teach them NOT to get pushed around.

I'm just glad Rodgers hasn't been killed....yet.
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#32 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2012 7:42:04 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,863
Applause Received: 2,029

1996 - Andre Rison
2010 - Howard Green
2012 - ...

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline DanJustDan29  
#33 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2012 8:50:25 AM(UTC)
DanJustDan29

Applause Given: 3
Applause Received: 7

It seems the guys we have are skilled enough, they just seem to lack enthusiasm and desire until it is presumed to be NEEDED. (TEXANS)
Teamwork is what the Green Bay Packers were all about. They didn't do it for individual glory. They did it because they loved one another. -Vince Lombardi
Offline nerdmann  
#34 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2012 9:30:36 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,358
Applause Received: 597

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
1996 - Andre Rison
2010 - Howard Green
2012 - ...

Grady Jackson fell out of the sky and saved our season that one year too. Was it 2003?
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline play2win  
#35 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2012 9:34:19 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

1996 - Andre Rison
2010 - Howard Green
2012 - ...

That's what I'm thinking... someone will be added here shortly. We could use the help.
Offline play2win  
#36 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2012 9:42:18 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Cullen Jenkins LEFT! Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall

Jason Babin is not the answer to anything except a struggling salary cap lol

Call it what you want, but our front office posturing prior to the SB told Jenkins all he needed to know, that he was not in our plans for 2011. That, to me, was a huge blunder by Ted Thompson. Huge. Jenkins wound up signing with Philly for less than what many had expected, and would have been a great value for us, had we not removed the Welcome mat.

We have yet to fully recover from the loss of that one player. Solid veteran presence on our DL. Big, big, big mistake in my opinion.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#37 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2012 10:05:49 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Originally Posted by: play2win Go to Quoted Post
Call it what you want, but our front office posturing prior to the SB told Jenkins all he needed to know, that he was not in our plans for 2011. That, to me, was a huge blunder by Ted Thompson. Huge. Jenkins wound up signing with Philly for less than what many had expected, and would have been a great value for us, had we not removed the Welcome mat.

We have yet to fully recover from the loss of that one player. Solid veteran presence on our DL. Big, big, big mistake in my opinion.

The blunder would have been to overpay for talent that was going to be 30 and had some recent injury issues. Waiting for the market to establish was the intelligent thing to do. Unfortunately, Cullen Jenkins wanted big bucks BEFORE the market established his worth. Hindsight doesn't make any one look smart, just silly. This whole thing irritates me because people believe the twisted bull the media puts out there instead of the actual facts. Albeit, media did report the Packers were exceeding the Eagles offer, but does that get the attention? The headlines? No, because people don't give a damn about accuracy or facts. They want headlines, the quick, the easy, the negative!

So, in other words, your opinion I vehemently disagree with. Jenkins is an Eagle and in my opinion, people need to let it go, especially if they are going to ignore the facts of the situation.

As for failing to recover from a loss of one player, quit your search at Nick Collins. It really is a bummer people fail to recognize the talent and leadership he had and his importance to the team and instead bestow that credit to ... Cullen freaking Jenkins.

UserPostedImage
Offline nerdmann  
#38 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2012 11:01:15 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

The blunder would have been to overpay for talent that was going to be 30 and had some recent injury issues. Waiting for the market to establish was the intelligent thing to do. Unfortunately, Cullen Jenkins wanted big bucks BEFORE the market established his worth. Hindsight doesn't make any one look smart, just silly. This whole thing irritates me because people believe the twisted bull the media puts out there instead of the actual facts. Albeit, media did report the Packers were exceeding the Eagles offer, but does that get the attention? The headlines? No, because people don't give a damn about accuracy or facts. They want headlines, the quick, the easy, the negative!

So, in other words, your opinion I vehemently disagree with. Jenkins is an Eagle and in my opinion, people need to let it go, especially if they are going to ignore the facts of the situation.

As for failing to recover from a loss of one player, quit your search at Nick Collins. It really is a bummer people fail to recognize the talent and leadership he had and his importance to the team and instead bestow that credit to ... Cullen freaking Jenkins.

Yes and perhaps the reason Jenkins wanted it BEFORE the market set his worth, is because he wanted to get more than the market would allow.

Keeping Jenkins would have been great, but Ted has a list of priorities. Who do you want to let go in order to keep Jenkins?
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline Cheesey  
#39 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2012 11:39:01 AM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 160
Applause Received: 348

That's just it....you can't keep everyone.
It would have been great to keep Jenkins, and i think he's been missed more then the Packer brass would like to admit.
But hindsight is 20/20.
Nothing they can do about it now.
UserPostedImage
Offline DakotaT  
#40 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2012 11:43:57 AM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 633
Applause Received: 1,311

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
Yes and perhaps the reason Jenkins wanted it BEFORE the market set his worth, is because he wanted to get more than the market would allow.

Keeping Jenkins would have been great, but Ted has a list of priorities. Who do you want to let go in order to keep Jenkins?

Opportunity cost is something the pundits of Uncle Ted never think about. Even in the beginning when he let Wahle and Rivera walk; nobody would ever listen to me that those two guy's fate was already decided the year before when Clifton was resigned. Sherman had done an incredibly horrible job with cap responsibility and drafting - Ted's only choice was to let that high price talent go and start the rebuild. The decision was probably the first in many that pissed of our demigod QB.

As for this coming year, I don't think we are in a great position of leverage with Greg Jennings. We've seen the offense without him and it is not even close to being as dynamic. We may be reluctant in giving him a huge contract, but it might be necessary - especially with Finley turning into a turd.
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#41 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2012 12:21:01 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post

No question, retaining Cullen Jenkins would have been great. However, when a player wants a contract before free agency, it is because they are over valuing themselves. The same can be said inversely about the organization wanting to resign them before free agency as their urgency comes from being outbid.

I don't fault Jenkins, nor the Packers. Packers had to be smart, and Jenkins approaching 30, coming off a Super Bowl win ... wanted to cash in. I can't fault him for that.

UserPostedImage
Offline play2win  
#42 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2012 2:21:07 PM(UTC)
play2win

United States

The loss of Nick Collins cannot be underscored enough when looking to what happened to us defensively last year, I totally agree. However, our secondary would have suffered even with him in the lineup due to the loss we suffered in our pass rush by not adequately replacing Jenkins.

We can certainly agree to disagree on Cullen Jenkins. But, I was sick seeing how stuck management was on not being more proactive in keeping us in play for Jenkins' services. As a matter of fact, we were quite the opposite. I knew his injury history as well as any fan of the Packers. I just happened to think he was a far more important part of our defense, one we should not be without if we were looking to repeat, in spite of the injuries he fought through in his career with GB. And I felt that way before it all hit, while the posturing was happening. But, that's all history.

Enough with that.

As for the OL, I often wonder about the true talent level. A different approach to the Giants, one where we ran far more might have helped. A more aggressive, run blocking dominant game plan. Had we stuck with the run, maybe this thread wouldn't exist... know what I mean? Maybe our guys aren't as bad as they were made out to be after giving up on the run.

Sunday was tough to gauge, being the train wreck that it was... Was it the talent level at numerous positions? The coaching? The approach? The injuries? Or, just the perfect storm?
Offline nerdmann  
#43 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2012 2:58:33 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Nick was a once in a generation talent.

What happened to him was imho unnecessary, which makes it hurt that much more.

With all these losses, we're still in it. THANK YOU TED THOMPSON!
Offline play2win  
#44 Posted : Tuesday, December 11, 2012 11:53:11 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Is anybody else concerned about our DL depth, especially at NT? I'm starting to get more concerned about Pickett and Raji making it through the season, and having enough juice to be effective in a playoff run.

These are players I would consider signing to finish out the season: Howard Green and Daniel Muir
They are known quantities, and I think they would both like to get the shot to contribute. I'd rather have either one over WR Jeremy Ross or LB Vic So'oto, both of whom occupy roster spots. Hell, I'd rather add BOTH Muir and Green... give Pick & Raji some rest.

Others:
Gerard Warren
Phillip Merling (DE)
Brian Price (2010 2nd Rnd pick by TB)
Nick Hayden (former Badger)
Jimmy Kennedy (former Ram and 1st round pick 2003, played with Pickett)
Lamar Divens and Carlton Powell might be worth kicking tires on.
Antonio Dixon ? Young guy who may be of service. Former Eagle.

Edited by user Tuesday, December 11, 2012 12:56:36 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Porforis  
#45 Posted : Tuesday, December 11, 2012 12:08:58 PM(UTC)
Porforis

United States

Applause Given: 168
Applause Received: 333

Originally Posted by: play2win Go to Quoted Post
Is anybody else concerned about our DL depth, especially at NT? I'm starting to get more concerned about Pickett and Raji making it through the season, and having enough juice to be effective in a playoff run.

Me. The good news is that we made it through a week without any new injuries. But our depth on the defensive line is a huge concern - if someone else goes down, I hope we don't need to go into the psycho package regularly just to generate pressure.
UserPostedImage
Rss Feed