Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
10 Pages«<78910>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline play2win  
#81 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2012 9:45:13 AM(UTC)
play2win

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 3/29/2012(UTC)
Location: Milwaukee

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
I think we will win our division and get the 4th seed, so we'll host a wild card game and then travel to Atlanta. If we get by that game, we'll be playing either the 9ers or Giants on their field which I hope we get the 9ers. The Giants are a matchup nightmare for us.


I would rather play the Giants on their home turf than the 9ers.
Offline nerdmann  
#82 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2012 10:59:05 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,705
Applause Received: 663

Originally Posted by: play2win Go to Quoted Post
I would rather play the Giants on their home turf than the 9ers.


I'm not afraid of the Giants OR the 9ers.

What I'm afraid of is the Mike McCarthy Lull.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline play2win  
#83 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2012 2:23:44 PM(UTC)
play2win

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 3/29/2012(UTC)
Location: Milwaukee

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Well, the man certainly has his work cut out for him doesn't he nerdman?
Offline nerdmann  
#84 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2012 2:59:51 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,705
Applause Received: 663

Originally Posted by: play2win Go to Quoted Post
Well, the man certainly has his work cut out for him doesn't he nerdman?


The adjustments that could have been made in this last game did not require any great genius.

I have my own theory about MM. Aaron Rodgers too.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline all_about_da_packers  
#85 Posted : Saturday, December 1, 2012 11:35:28 PM(UTC)
all_about_da_packers

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 11
Applause Received: 86

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
I have my own theory about MM. Aaron Rodgers too.


Does it involve Mike McCarthy being abducted and replaced by Aliens? Stupid-Aliens, to be precise.

Because I might actually think your theory has merit. A coach of MM's stature should not be missing things up as badly as he has been. Our O-line sucks, Rodgers is petrified of taking a risk like his lady-love's life depends on him not doing so, Finley is being treated like a past-his-prime Bubba Franks, Saturday is about as useful in blocking as a pregnant woman giving birth, our game plans being produced as if they were designed to target Defences playing 8 men in the box... I don't get what has happened.

I understand wanting to play your best heading into the playoffs. After last year no one should have an issue with that. But it's as if McCarthy is certain all these problems will magically get fixed. This is becoming more troubling week-after-week.
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
thanks Post received 2 applause.
gbguy20 on 12/1/2012(UTC), yooperfan on 12/2/2012(UTC)
Offline nerdmann  
#86 Posted : Sunday, December 2, 2012 12:06:31 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,705
Applause Received: 663

Originally Posted by: all_about_da_packers Go to Quoted Post
Does it involve Mike McCarthy being abducted and replaced by Aliens? Stupid-Aliens, to be precise.

Because I might actually think your theory has merit. A coach of MM's stature should not be missing things up as badly as he has been. Our O-line sucks, Rodgers is petrified of taking a risk like his lady-love's life depends on him not doing so, Finley is being treated like a past-his-prime Bubba Franks, Saturday is about as useful in blocking as a pregnant woman giving birth, our game plans being produced as if they were designed to target Defences playing 8 men in the box... I don't get what has happened.

I understand wanting to play your best heading into the playoffs. After last year no one should have an issue with that. But it's as if McCarthy is certain all these problems will magically get fixed. This is becoming more troubling week-after-week.


My theory is that Mike and Aaron are stats whores, because they want to surpass Favray in as many records as they can.

Hence the extreme over-emphasis on passing.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
thanks Post received 1 applause.
yooperfan on 12/2/2012(UTC)
Offline Zero2Cool  
#87 Posted : Sunday, December 2, 2012 8:04:22 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,966
Applause Received: 2,223

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
My theory is that Mike and Aaron are stats whores, because they want to surpass Favray in as many records as they can.

Hence the extreme over-emphasis on passing.


IF you truly think that, you haven't paid any attention and need to turn in your fanhood immediately. The only thing they care about is winning more championships. When you realize this, accept it, then you can once again call yourself a fan of the Green Bay Packers.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline stevegb  
#88 Posted : Sunday, December 2, 2012 9:50:51 AM(UTC)
stevegb

Rank: 6th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 10/30/2006(UTC)

Applause Given: 11
Applause Received: 10

Originally Posted by: play2win Go to Quoted Post
I would rather play the Giants on their home turf than the 9ers.


We're an elite team, you don't win the super bowl shying away from teams.
blank
Offline stevegb  
#89 Posted : Sunday, December 2, 2012 9:52:06 AM(UTC)
stevegb

Rank: 6th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 10/30/2006(UTC)

Applause Given: 11
Applause Received: 10

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
IF you truly think that, you haven't paid any attention and need to turn in your fanhood immediately. The only thing they care about is winning more championships. When you realize this, accept it, then you can once again call yourself a fan of the Green Bay Packers.


In fairness I also think A-Rod cares a little too much about his stats.
blank
Offline Zero2Cool  
#90 Posted : Sunday, December 2, 2012 10:14:18 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,966
Applause Received: 2,223

Originally Posted by: stevegb Go to Quoted Post
In fairness I also think A-Rod cares a little too much about his stats.


What do you have to base this opinion on? Are you using his exceptional memory against him here because you fail to believe a player can know numbers without being stuck on them? I'm open to hearing where this is coming from and I'm will to bet it's fruitless opinion. Brandon Marshall, now he cares too much about stats. Evidence by that is his knowing how many yards he needed to top 1,000 yards. After making the total, he went back to Jay Cutler and said "hey, I'm over 1,000 yards this season now".

You won't hear that about Aaron Rodgers.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest (2)
10 Pages«<78910>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Tweeter

Recent Topics
51m / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / DakotaT

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / steveishere

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / DarkaneRules

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / sschind

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Tezzy

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / porky88

22-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / packman82

22-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

22-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / macbob

21-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool