Green Bay Packers Forum

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Pack93z  
#11 Posted : Friday, November 30, 2012 12:57:59 PM(UTC)

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States
Applause Given: 429
Applause Received: 1,187
vikesrule said: Go to Quoted Post
You're making a lot of rather bold and brash comments about this upcoming game my friend.

It would be a terrible shame if you had to eat copious amounts of crow in the foreseeable future......[grin1]

Probably.. but I look at it this way. If the Packers fail to come out in this game, off the ass beating by the Giants, and don't take care of business; eating crow won't be the only disappointment upon the weekend and the season.

That, in my opinion, will foretell the future tale of the 2012 Chapter of the Green Bay Packers. It will not end up where i expect it to be.

Nutshell.. this is a must win for the Packers. I am selling out based on that opinion.
Offline gbguy20  
#12 Posted : Friday, November 30, 2012 1:02:20 PM(UTC)

Applause Given: 413
Applause Received: 448
Pack93z said: Go to Quoted Post
It is a tool to offset a strong pass rush.. often with the backers falling into coverage and the pass rush teeing off on a passing situation.. it opens a huge gap to exploit and it plants a seed in the pass rush to at least pause and look for the run. Threat of the run does an offense wonders.

I like the explanation. It has suddenly clicked with me why we run it on 1st and 20 almost every time. Explanation is nice, execution is horseshit.
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#13 Posted : Friday, November 30, 2012 1:17:00 PM(UTC)

Applause Given: 21
Applause Received: 803
If I had to choose one, it would have to be Jones. He is the only one who hasn't dropped a ball.

But I would feel just about the same for any receiving option. Jones, Nelson or Finley on a fade to the left, or any of them on a designed roll out to the right.

Just make sure it is quick or Rodgers doesn't need to stand in the pocket.
Offline play2win  
#14 Posted : Friday, November 30, 2012 1:30:08 PM(UTC)

United States
Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 724
Hypothetical game situation (It will be the Vikes and will never happen).. this Sunday, Packers trailing by 4... 2 seconds on the clock we are in the redzone on the 9 yard line. Jennings is playing and seems healthy. Rodgers at the helm and no other injuries have been sustained to the offense.

What play do you call and whom would your target be?

Who do you trust to make a play and win the game for you?

As it stands, I trust Jones, Nelson, Jennings and Cobb equally in that situation. I cannot pick one over the other.
Offline Pack93z  
#15 Posted : Friday, November 30, 2012 1:47:24 PM(UTC)

United States
Okay.. here is what I would run.

Jones split wide left (seems more comfortable on left of Rodgers).. Finley covering the left tackle.. Cobb slot right, Nelson wide right.

Green in the Backfield for a chip and leak. Basically safety valve. Worst case.. he could create if he has a bit of open space.. lined up right of Rodgers and chipping over Lang.. leaking right.

Bring Cobb in motion to the left across the formation to a couple yards outside of Finley's outside shoulder.. his route will be a drag route back across the middle of the field with Finley chipping then releasing up the seam off Cobb's drag route.

Jones pressing the sideline of the endzone driving toward the back corner and Nelson running the 5 and post.. crossing in front of the defender drawing attention of the safety on hash.

Depending on how the defense reacts to Cobb's drag, I target either Cobb on the crosser with Nelson picking up a block or fire it for Finley in the seam right near the GL. My guess is the defense is going to pull up and follow Cobb coming across and creates a throwing lane for Finley on the GL.

I throw it low and inside forcing him to curl his body slightly and creating a soft landing for him to cradle the catch and bring it into the basket.

Film currently says Cobb is the feature.. Finley is a late option. Jennings is watching with the layoff. Jones seems to be having trouble creating space currently and Nelson seems up and down with focus or something.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
SINCITYCHEEZE on 12/1/2012(UTC)
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#16 Posted : Friday, November 30, 2012 2:08:51 PM(UTC)

Applause Given: 21
Applause Received: 803
Okay.. here is what I would run.

Jones split wide left (seems more comfortable on left of Rodgers).. Finley covering the left tackle.. Cobb slot right, Nelson wide right.

Green in the Backfield for a chip and leak. Basically safety valve. Worst case.. he could create if he has a bit of open space.. lined up right of Rodgers and chipping over Lang.. leaking right.

Bring Cobb in motion to the left across the formation to a couple yards outside of Finley's outside shoulder.. his route will be a drag route back across the middle of the field with Finley chipping then releasing up the seam off Cobb's drag route.

Jones pressing the sideline of the endzone driving toward the back corner and Nelson running the 5 and post.. crossing in front of the defender drawing attention of the safety on hash.

Depending on how the defense reacts to Cobb's drag, I target either Cobb on the crosser with Nelson picking up a block or fire it for Finley in the seam right near the GL. My guess is the defense is going to pull up and follow Cobb coming across and creates a throwing lane for Finley on the GL.

I throw it low and inside forcing him to curl his body slightly and creating a soft landing for him to cradle the catch and bring it into the basket.

Film currently says Cobb is the feature.. Finley is a late option. Jennings is watching with the layoff.

I would change, Kuhn instead of Green. He is much better at chip blocking, and with the yardage, Kuhn has more mass to run over a defender or three. I would also reverse cobb and finley. Kuhn can put a better chip on, and protect rodgers blind side better than Finley. Finley seems to chip better on the right side.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Pack93z on 11/30/2012(UTC)
Offline Pack93z  
#17 Posted : Friday, November 30, 2012 2:20:44 PM(UTC)

United States
PackFanWithTwins said: Go to Quoted Post
I would change, Kuhn instead of Green. He is much better at chip blocking, and with the yardage, Kuhn has more mass to run over a defender or three. I would also reverse cobb and finley. Kuhn can put a better chip on, and protect rodgers blind side better than Finley. Finley seems to chip better on the right side.

I focused to the left so that Rodgers can setup quickly in the drop throwing a crisper pass left than right.. if you go Cobb, that would be a quick read and catching him in the middle.. but the throw to Rodgers down the left seam as it is more natural and if all hell breaks loose.. a quicker escape for a right handed QB with a more direct setup than one with a pass attempt to the right. All about the footwork.

That said, maybe I don't worry about Rodgers as he has proven he can make all the throws from a variant of bases.

Basically.. I want to create movement and changing the coverage responsibility to maybe invoke a bit of confusion with the defense.. and trying to get Cobb a clean release.

The chip from Finley is a light chip, basically all it would do is make sure to protect Newhouse's outside shoulder for a moment so he can get setup, he generally is solid if he can get setup.. but he gets in trouble in the first step.

Kuhn... I have little confidence in him pick up 9 yards on a leak route.. although he would handle contact better.. I am hoping that Green creates space and avoids contact. Kuhn might be a better option.. but I really don't trust Starks on a pass attempt. So it would Kuhn/Green mix.. hoping for space so I went with Green.
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#18 Posted : Saturday, December 1, 2012 2:12:59 AM(UTC)

United States
Applause Given: 146
Applause Received: 186
I think we'd be a lot more effective in the 4 wide reciever set if we double team their best pass rusher with the back...We did this against JJ Watt If I remember correctly and we had a bunch of time on several occasions to throw the football.
Offline wpr  
#19 Posted : Saturday, December 1, 2012 7:38:22 AM(UTC)

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2014FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

Applause Given: 3,411
Applause Received: 1,680
PackFanWithTwins said: Go to Quoted Post

I am 17 hours to late.

UserPostedImage
KUUUUHHHNNN into the stands after the winning catch and knocking Greenway, Winfield and Raymond to the ground.

Actually I would want to see the ball go to Jordy. He will make the catch. Count on it.
Rss Feed