Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.
3 Pages123>

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
nerdmann  
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 2, 2012 1:58:34 PM(UTC)
Burnett wanted this game more than any other player.

Barclay showed that he can get it done. And I agree, when Lang comes back, he can go back to LG.
User is suspended until 5/28/2018 11:54:40 AM(UTC) DakotaT  
#2 Posted : Sunday, December 2, 2012 2:05:06 PM(UTC)
nerdmann said: Go to Quoted Post

Barclay showed that he can get it done. And I agree, when Lang comes back, he can go back to LG.

Maybe Burnett should learn how to tackle a powerful running back, but his picks were huge.
Zero2Cool  
#3 Posted : Sunday, December 2, 2012 2:05:24 PM(UTC)

I think Adrian Peterson wanted it more than any single player. His weakness was his QB.
Pack93z  
#4 Posted : Sunday, December 2, 2012 2:07:59 PM(UTC)
DakotaT said: Go to Quoted Post
Maybe Burnett should learn how to tackle a powerful running back, but his picks were huge.

Actually MD Jennings was the culprit on the 82 yard romp. Either way.. AP is a absolute monster of a back, no excuse, but he has posterized a number of players over the years.

#5 Posted : Sunday, December 2, 2012 2:12:44 PM(UTC)
Pack93z said: Go to Quoted Post
Actually MD Jennings was the culprit on the 82 yard romp. Either way.. AP is a absolute monster of a back, no excuse, but he has posterized a number of players over the years.

We play him twice a year, and if our rastifari boys don't know to bring the lunch pail, then I don't know what else to say. Hit and wrap boys. Take away those two long runs and it looks pretty bad offensively for the Queens.
nerdmann  
#6 Posted : Sunday, December 2, 2012 2:22:08 PM(UTC)
We play him twice a year, and if our rastifari boys don't know to bring the lunch pail, then I don't know what else to say. Hit and wrap boys. Take away those two long runs and it looks pretty bad offensively for the Queens.

10 yards per carry. LOL.

Goes to show that theory about RBs v QBs. It's a passing league nowadays.

That first INT by Burnett was huge. 10 point swing, from a TD for the bad guys to a FG for us. Wasn't it Burnett who caught him from behind on that run too?

Great game by #42.
Gaycandybacon  
#7 Posted : Sunday, December 2, 2012 2:41:32 PM(UTC)
Jermicheal Finley! Unsung Hero. Made a couple huge first downs for us on that 11:00 min drive. Also James Starks/Alex Green had fantastic games.
steveishere  
#8 Posted : Sunday, December 2, 2012 2:48:05 PM(UTC)
James Jones also had a good game if he didn't get robbed of that nice TD catch.
Rios39  
#9 Posted : Sunday, December 2, 2012 2:56:18 PM(UTC)
10 yards per carry. LOL.

Goes to show that theory about RBs v QBs. It's a passing league nowadays.

That first INT by Burnett was huge. 10 point swing, from a TD for the bad guys to a FG for us. Wasn't it Burnett who caught him from behind on that run too?

Great game by #42.

I wouldn't say we passed the ball very well though. Our RB's carried this game.Peterson gets explosive plays but he's not the pound it down your throat and win, he gets stuffed short a lot.
Zero2Cool  
#10 Posted : Sunday, December 2, 2012 2:59:28 PM(UTC)
Rios39 said: Go to Quoted Post
I wouldn't say we passed the ball very well though. Our RB's carried this game.Peterson gets explosive plays but he's not the pound it down your throat and win, he gets stuffed short a lot.

77% completion with 286 yards passing and 8+ yards for an average is good. The INT was a foolish play call and foolish throw.
flep  
#11 Posted : Sunday, December 2, 2012 3:03:24 PM(UTC)
For Barclay to come in and block like he did when we swept right was immense. Kept his blocks nice all game.

The 11 minute drive was immense.
flep  
#12 Posted : Sunday, December 2, 2012 3:06:38 PM(UTC)
Rios39 said: Go to Quoted Post

And there is why we won it.

Our avg running yardage said it all.

AP is all they've got.
Zero2Cool  
#13 Posted : Sunday, December 2, 2012 3:10:06 PM(UTC)
#14 Posted : Sunday, December 2, 2012 3:22:52 PM(UTC)

Gee, has McGinn said anything in that article that we haven't already been discussing for weeks?
nerdmann  
#15 Posted : Sunday, December 2, 2012 3:41:20 PM(UTC)
Gee, has McGinn said anything in that article that we haven't already been discussing for weeks?

Those guys scour sites like this for article ideas. It's well known.
#16 Posted : Sunday, December 2, 2012 3:42:43 PM(UTC)
Those guys scour sites like this for article ideas. It's well known.

Where's our cha ching then? Fookin plagiarists.
musccy  
#17 Posted : Sunday, December 2, 2012 4:23:23 PM(UTC)
First, the flea flicker wasn't a terrible play call, just poorly executed. GJ as way behind the safeties, A Rod just underthrew him.

Also, I don't know that we should be giving game balls to Barclays yet. He completely whiffed on the starks TD and a few other occassions, and was spoty in pass coverage.

With that said, I was certainly intrigued by the potential displayed by a UFA rookie.
doddpower  
#18 Posted : Sunday, December 2, 2012 4:59:27 PM(UTC)
musccy said: Go to Quoted Post
First, the flea flicker wasn't a terrible play call, just poorly executed. GJ as way behind the safeties, A Rod just underthrew him.

Also, I don't know that we should be giving game balls to Barclays yet. He completely whiffed on the starks TD and a few other occassions, and was spoty in pass coverage.

With that said, I was certainly intrigued by the potential displayed by a UFA rookie.

He may has "whiffed" on the Starks run, but he forced the defender to take shoot inside, which was almost just as good as a block in that particular circumstance.

He wasn't great in pass protection, but he looked every bit as good if not a little better than Lang (who was bad at RT). Lang is a huge improvement over EDS, as well.

#19 Posted : Sunday, December 2, 2012 5:21:13 PM(UTC)
Lang will probably get the week off, and be a game time decision. Barclay should get all the reps at RT this week, and hopefully Lang can go back to LG against the Lions. Avril should be a good test for Barclay and give us a better idea of what we have.
beast  
#20 Posted : Sunday, December 2, 2012 5:44:54 PM(UTC)

Did anyone follow how much help Barclay did or didn't get?
Rss Feed