Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Pack93z  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 4, 2012 1:52:04 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 383
Applause Received: 1,027

Many wanted to run him out on a rail, but the matter he continued to make Wisconsin relevant year in and out makes this a heavy loss at the moment.

Depending on whom they can get in to replace him, it will be a net loss for the program as they will take a step back in recruiting and direction with a shift more to pro style offenses. But we shall see how it turns out with the next coach.. it better be someone with a national name if they want to stay in the conversation at the top of the Big Ten.

I am shocked that he left.. didn't see that coming.

Quote:

Sources: Arkansas to hire Bret Bielema as new football coach

In a stunning coup, Arkansas will hire Wisconsin's Bret Bielema as its next football coach, Yahoo! Sports has learned.

Bielema, who has taken the Badgers to three straight Rose Bowls, was nowhere on the radar amid months of speculation over who Arkansas would hire.

An announcement will come Tuesday, sources told Y! Sports, but Bielema is not expected to be introduced until Wednesday.

Details of Bielema's contract at Arkansas are not yet known, but the school was said to have a major war chest for this coaching search.

Bielema, 42, is leaving the only job he's had as a head coach, and the school where he has worked since 2004. Bielema was defensive coordinator for two seasons under Barry Alvarez before becoming Wisconsin's head coach in 2006. He's gone 68-24 in Madison, with four seasons with 10 or more victories. Wisconsin advanced to its third consecutive Rose Bowl Saturday with an upset romp over Nebraska in the Big Ten Conference championship game.

Arkansas suspected last spring that it would be searching for a head coach at the end of this season, after hiring John L. Smith as its interim coach. Smith succeeded Bobby Petrino, who was fired following a scandal involving his mistress, who he had hired and put on the Arkansas payroll.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Sponsor
Offline Cheesey  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 4, 2012 4:10:41 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 162
Applause Received: 353

I'm more shocked that they did it at this point in time. I mean....would it have hurt to keep it hush hush for a few weeks, till the Rose Bowl was over?
I can't see UW letting him coach that game now.
This has to hurt the players alot right now.
UserPostedImage
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 4, 2012 5:19:16 PM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Applause Given: 11
Applause Received: 352

Now this does come as a surprise. Considering he was just extended in Jan through 2016. I've never been a huge fan for his. I do think he lived most of his time in WI living off the reputation of Alvarez. With the exception of last year, having Wilson come, I think his offenses and the team in general has taken a step back from what Barry built the last couple years.

Will be interesting to see, what happens with the Rose Bowl, and with who is going to become the next Badger coach.
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, December 4, 2012 6:23:29 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,869
Applause Received: 2,045

Will he coach the Badgers during the Rose Bowl?
UserPostedImage
Offline Formo  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, December 4, 2012 8:16:58 PM(UTC)
Formo

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

Gopher fan standpoint.. I'm torn on how I feel. One side of me loves it, as it means Wisky will have to retool. Again. Burt was a douchenozzle, and now, hopefully, your Becky fans will finally see that. Or they already knew it but accepted it because he won. The other side of me fears that you will get a better coach. You know, one that knows how to use a term called 'Clock Management'. He was the reason they were 0 fer in the Rose Bowl and that costed Wisky their one legit shot at the NC with his brilliant clock management.

I guess I'm here to say, lets just see how this pans out. You still have Barry running the entire ship, good for you/bad for me.

Oh, I do feel for WOO PIG SOOIE. Seriously. They were the one SEC team I liked (or more like, didn't hate) before TAMU joined the conference. I have family that live in Arkansas and are huge Hawg fans, so I have always cheered for them at a distance. That will have to change, though.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Offline Formo  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, December 4, 2012 8:34:23 PM(UTC)
Formo

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Offline DakotaT  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, December 4, 2012 8:40:53 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 638
Applause Received: 1,316

Fuuuuck you!!!!!!!!!1 d'oh!
UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, December 4, 2012 8:42:47 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

United States

I will go into complete and utter shutdown mode.. without a second thought. I think I would revoke my fanhood until that ludicrous moronic dickhead would exit the program. Might as well hire meathead to couple the pain and agony.

Edited by user Wednesday, December 5, 2012 11:06:06 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Online musccy  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, December 5, 2012 7:30:10 AM(UTC)
musccy

Applause Given: 194
Applause Received: 172

Originally Posted by: Cheesey Go to Quoted Post
I'm more shocked that they did it at this point in time. I mean....would it have hurt to keep it hush hush for a few weeks, till the Rose Bowl was over?
I can't see UW letting him coach that game now.
This has to hurt the players alot right now.

They're in the heart of wrapping up the 2013 incoming recruiting class. You can't afford to wait 4 weeks for recruits at ARK to be in limbo wondering who is coming in.
Online musccy  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, December 5, 2012 7:31:50 AM(UTC)
musccy

Applause Given: 194
Applause Received: 172

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
Fuuuuck you!!!!!!!!!1 d'oh!

WHAT IN THE HELL IS BARRY THINKING?!?! If Barry's goal for WI is to become the Indiana of the Big Ten, then go ahead, hire Chilly, he'd be the best candidate for that!

Offline Pack93z  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, December 5, 2012 8:22:40 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

United States

Maybe Wisconsin had more of a hint on the bombshell news than they are leading on.. this would be an excellent choice in my opinion. Much better than the Chilly draft someone else is speculating.

http://www.sbnation.com/...-florida-coaching-search

Quote:
Western Kentucky's Willie Taggart has become a red hot name for a number of head coaching openings. The Hilltoppers head coach interviewed with the University of Wisconsin Tuesday, according to sources. In addition, Taggart is in talks with South Florida for their opening, and was interviewed by Arkansas before the Razorbacks hired Badgers head coach Bret Bielema. Sources have told SB Nation that if Taggart is offered the USF job, he'll likely accept.

Taggart has a 16-20 overall record since taking over his alma mater in 2010, and has the Hilltoppers bowl eligible for the second straight season. WKU will play Central Michigan in the Little Caesars Bowl on December 26, the first FBS bowl in WKU history.

The former Hilltoppers quarterback (1995-'98) returned to his alma mater following a three-season stint as running backs coach at Stanford under Jim Harbaugh. Taggart is credited for the development of Cardinal running back Toby Gerhart, who won the Doak Walker award and was a Heisman finalist in 2009.

Harbaugh's father, Jack, coached Taggart at WKU, as Taggart set multiple school records in Harbaugh's option offense and eventually had his jersey retired by the school. Taggart served as an assistant on the WKU staff under Harbaugh, including five seasons as offensive coordinator from 2002-'06. WKU won the I-AA national championship in 2002.

Under Jim Harbaugh, Taggart became a proponent of the power run offense, bringing the same attack to WKU. In 2012, the Hilltoppers were the only offense in the Sun Belt Conference not running some variation of the spread option.

UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, December 5, 2012 11:05:34 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

United States

The more I read.. the more I like this choice. Will come with a reasonable price tag, recruiting and our brand of football.

http://www.buckys5thquar...sconsin-badgers-football

Quote:
Last night, SB Nation's Steven Godfrey reported that Western Kentucky head coach Willie Taggart interviewed for the head coaching job at Wisconsin. Since he's obviously a top candidate for the job, Andrew wrote a profile of Taggart for the site earlier, and we're following up with a Q&A just like we did last night for Paul Chryst.

Answering our questions about Taggart is none other than the aforementioned Mr. Godfrey, who spent a few days with WKU ahead of its game against Alabama early in the season, making him as qualified as any other blogger or journalist to give us some insight on a man who's obviously caught Barry Alvarez's eye.

Bucky's 5th Quarter: First, the very basics. Who is Willie Taggart? Where did he come from, and what's he done as WKU coach?

More....

UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, December 5, 2012 2:22:55 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

United States

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post

Quote:
Bielema will not coach the Badgers in the Rose Bowl, standout running back Montee Ball confirmed.

Read more: http://host.madison.com/...f887a.html#ixzz2EDNlyUCq

UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, December 5, 2012 3:44:52 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,869
Applause Received: 2,045

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post

Good question! It looks like Barry Alvarez will coach them for the Rose Bowl.

"Former Wisconsin football coach Bret Bielema is reporting former Wisconsin football coach Barry Alvarez will coach Wisconsin in Rose Bowl "

Edited by user Wednesday, December 5, 2012 4:46:17 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Rss Feed