Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
3 Pages<123>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Porforis  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2012 1:58:35 PM(UTC)
Porforis

United States

Applause Given: 169
Applause Received: 333

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 Go to Quoted Post
how do i open a c-clamp with any of those tools? i suppose a needle nose pliers MAY get the job done.

Needle nose pliers does it all.
UserPostedImage
Offline dfosterf  
#17 Posted : Thursday, December 6, 2012 12:18:30 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Applause Given: 187
Applause Received: 410

I just went this morning to a guy's house and purchased his dad's roofing nailer. His dad passed away, and he had no use for it. I'm getting ready to re-roof my house and shed this spring. His dad used it to re-roof his house, then sent it to a local supplier to have it serviced, for absolutely no good reason. The guy wanted 75 bucks for it, I told him I only had 60. It is as brand new, I swear. I called the co. that serviced it (sticker on gun) The owner told me I absolutely stole that nailer.

Hitachi NV45AB. I read the reviews, this is a seriously good tool.

Damn it feels good to be a gangster!

Laugh

UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.

thanks Post received 1 applause.
Pack93z on 12/6/2012(UTC)
Offline Pack93z  
#18 Posted : Thursday, December 6, 2012 12:29:33 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 390
Applause Received: 1,055

Originally Posted by: dfosterf Go to Quoted Post

First type of images that flooded into my noggin..

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Big Grin
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline dfosterf  
#19 Posted : Thursday, December 6, 2012 12:48:03 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Sixty friggin' dollars, and freshly serviced, to boot.

http://www.amazon.com/Hi...oduct-reviews/B0000225JO

This gives me tool "wood" lol

UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.

Offline Pack93z  
#20 Posted : Thursday, December 6, 2012 12:56:01 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

United States

This gives me tool "wood" lol

That my friend.. is where the mental images end..

I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline DakotaT  
#21 Posted : Thursday, December 6, 2012 3:38:08 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 658
Applause Received: 1,347

I just went this morning to a guy's house and purchased his dad's roofing nailer. His dad passed away, and he had no use for it. I'm getting ready to re-roof my house and shed this spring. His dad used it to re-roof his house, then sent it to a local supplier to have it serviced, for absolutely no good reason. The guy wanted 75 bucks for it, I told him I only had 60. It is as brand new, I swear. I called the co. that serviced it (sticker on gun) The owner told me I absolutely stole that nailer.

Hitachi NV45AB. I read the reviews, this is a seriously good tool.

Laugh

$75 was an awesome buy, $60 makes you a Jew. But I can beat it, we paid $100 for a $10,000 industrial grinder/mixer plus other butchering equipment. We then sold the rest of the equipment for $1,500. Let me know when you do your roof job. Pay for my ticket + room and board and I might be interested in helping you As you know, I'm not the candy ass others in here are.
UserPostedImage
Offline dfosterf  
#22 Posted : Thursday, December 6, 2012 3:51:59 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
$75 was an awesome buy, $60 makes you a Jew. But I can beat it, we paid $100 for a $10,000 industrial grinder/mixer plus other butchering equipment. We then sold the rest of the equipment for $1,500. Let me know when you do your roof job. Pay for my ticket + room and board and I might be interested in helping you As you know, I'm not the candy ass others in here are.

Absolutely I'll pay your room/board/ticket, PLUS, you will be "linked" with a fellow commie! I have 2 neighbors lined up for this job. Ed and I will install the underlayment and shingles. He's a great Republican.

Tim ( the union commie pinko ) wants nothing to do with the install. He wants the tear-off / removal job. He is so obviously "union"

plus, a bit foolish, but I digress Laugh

HE HAS NO CLUE how difficult a job that is. You may join his crew to complete this project. I'll tell him that I'm importing a roofing expert from the west to run the job, as you definitely wouldn't want him to (as much as I love the guy, he's a bit of a dick).

I got it (preliminarily) at 36 squares, including the shed.
UserPostedImage

Offline DakotaT  
#23 Posted : Thursday, December 6, 2012 4:01:59 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Absolutely I'll pay your room/board/ticket, PLUS, you will be "linked" with a fellow commie! I have 2 neighbors lined up for this job. Ed and I will install the underlayment and shingles. He's a great Republican.

Tim ( the union commie pinko ) wants nothing to do with the install. He wants the tear-off / removal job. He is so obviously "union"

plus, a bit foolish, but I digress Laugh

HE HAS NO CLUE how difficult a job that is. You may join his crew to complete this project. I'll tell him that I'm importing a roofing expert from the west to run the job, as you definitely wouldn't want him to (as much as I love the guy, he's a bit of a dick).

I got it (preliminarily) at 36 squares, including the shed.

Christ that's all - 36 squares - that's like an afternoon job to a Nodak crew.

UserPostedImage
Offline dfosterf  
#24 Posted : Thursday, December 6, 2012 4:06:32 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

It took me two weeks to do 12 squares on a townhouse I owned solo. (part-time, after/before work) I also admit I had a stapler. In my defense, it was very high up, and steeply pitched. These are not issues on my current home. Spanish ranch, low pitch. (Lots of peaks/valleys/gables/ etc. though)
UserPostedImage

Offline DakotaT  
#25 Posted : Thursday, December 6, 2012 5:25:46 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

It took me two weeks to do 12 squares on a townhouse I owned solo. (part-time, after/before work) I also admit I had a stapler. In my defense, it was very high up, and steeply pitched. These are not issues on my current home. Spanish ranch, low pitch. (Lots of peaks/valleys/gables/ etc. though)

What kind of shingles are you using?
UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#26 Posted : Friday, December 7, 2012 2:06:36 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

United States

As you know, I'm not the candy ass others in here are.

One of these days.. one of these days you are going to get a candy ass beat down with a graphite limb. lol.

UserPostedImage
Offline dfosterf  
#27 Posted : Friday, December 7, 2012 3:37:23 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

What kind of shingles are you using?

Architectural.

http://roofing.owenscorn...uration-designer-ar.aspx

Aged copper.

My neighbor's buddy ( the commie/union neighbor) is a big-time roofer. I can get 'em at 22. a bundle ! --- ON THE ROOF !

Not even hot or 2nds. OC duration is all his co. will throw down. I tend to agree with that assessment after research.

This is what they cost at Lowes:

http://www.lowes.com/pd_...;Ns=p_product_avg_rating|1

HD sells GAF-- Not feelin' GAF I can also get TAMCO architecturals for the same money on my own, but TAMCO are ass-shingles in comparison, based on everything I've read.

Shingles are almost twice as much here in the mid-Atlantic compared to the mid-west, btw.

My existing roof is 3-tab. The workmanship is absolutely flawless. Everything is straight as an arrow, and I have the last 3 tab in my neighborhood that I can see, and frankly, my shingles are STILL in better shape than some. The people that built this house gave a sh*t.

There aren't many times I have been able to say that as regards previous properties I've owned.

Top of the line materials, top of the line install.

These existing shingles are 45 years old. You could never even tell I need a new roof from the ground. No sh*t.

e.g.-- I didn't lose shingle one from Hurricane Sandy (My shed roof got creamed, totally different construction/builder, etc)

Many of my neighbors lost their roofs, and my install pre-dates theirs by decades, and as said, those are architecturals vs. my 3 tabs.

(Yet another indicator that tear-off will be a bitch Laugh These shingles may be welded to the sheathing, lol)

Edited by user Friday, December 7, 2012 4:50:33 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage

Offline DakotaT  
#28 Posted : Friday, December 7, 2012 6:25:19 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Yeah, those three tabs with the shakelook they make now, even a Minnesotan could line them up and make them look good. Shingling really isn't that hard, but it is definitely for a young agile man. If I'm not busy when you set that up, it might be a go.

And 93, what are you going to have Formo sit on me while you peel off your appendage?
UserPostedImage
Offline dfosterf  
#29 Posted : Friday, December 7, 2012 7:50:26 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Getting the f*ckers (bundles of shingles) to the roof prevents many from bottom-fishing for shingles, price-wise.

I have carried many bundles up the full length of a 40 ft. ladder, and THAT was the worst part of the roof job, by far.

This simple system has my eye. Dude is an idiot for f*cking up his gutter, and he's going only a fraction of that distance/height but obviously easily fixed and modified, imo. plus I'm only going about his height, this time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1LZZvndrY4

If you've ever pumped shingles up a ladder, you habla what I'm sayin'.

Edited by user Friday, December 7, 2012 8:01:35 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage

Online Wade  
#30 Posted : Saturday, December 8, 2012 2:48:58 AM(UTC)
Wade

Applause Given: 673
Applause Received: 688

I'll sit down here on a lawn chair and watch y'all playing up on your roofs, thank you very much. :)

Of course I get vertigo when I try to go up and clean the gutters. Pay 300 bucks for a "little giant" ladder to hold my excess weight, and I'm relegated to using it as a glorified stepladder. :(

Which, going back to an earlier post, should be on any man's "basic tool kit".

The stepladder, that is. Not the effing vertigo.

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)