Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
3 Pages123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Zero2Cool  
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 9, 2012 2:33:54 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,956
Applause Received: 2,191

Bears lost today putting them 7 - 6 on the year.

I believe if the Packers win against the Lions going to 9 - 4 and then beat the Bears going 10 - 4, they have clinched the division title. Because even if the Bears finish 10 - 6 they lose tie breaker to Packers.

The Vikings could finish 10 - 6 and I'm not sure about tie breakers on there. I just don't see it happening lol
UserPostedImage
Offline zombieslayer  
#2 Posted : Sunday, December 9, 2012 2:51:51 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
Bears lost today putting them 7 - 6 on the year.

I believe if the Packers win against the Lions going to 9 - 4 and then beat the Bears going 10 - 4, they have clinched the division title. Because even if the Bears finish 10 - 6 they lose tie breaker to Packers.

The Vikings could finish 10 - 6 and I'm not sure about tie breakers on there. I just don't see it happening lol

Vikings will lose to the Packers and the Texans. Guaranteed. Already made my bet vs Vikesrule.

We won the division. da Bears stink without Urlacher. We watched them look on helplessly as AD tore them apart singlehandedly. The Vikings won't be able to do that crap against the Packers or the Texans.

I don't even care about winning the division. What I care about is our team will be healthy in the Playoffs.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
thanks Post received 1 applause.
nerdmann on 12/9/2012(UTC)
Offline vikesrule  
#3 Posted : Sunday, December 9, 2012 2:55:51 PM(UTC)
vikesrule

Applause Given: 60
Applause Received: 193

Bears are now 8-5

And after the Kitties win tonight, you will have to revise that thought Z2C.

Vikings will win 2 of the final 3 games...loss to the Texans and wins against the Rams and Packers...

"The Zombieslayer"
is misquided.

UserPostedImage

Offline Zero2Cool  
#4 Posted : Sunday, December 9, 2012 2:59:49 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,956
Applause Received: 2,191

Originally Posted by: vikesrule Go to Quoted Post
Bears are now 8-5

Vikings will win 2 of the final 3 games...loss to the Texans and wins against the Rams and Packers...

"The Zombieslayer"
is misquided.

UserPostedImage

I don't believe Kitties are playing, and if they are, it doesn't matter because the Packers play the Lions. You smoke some weird stuff man, weird stuff.
UserPostedImage
Offline zombieslayer  
#5 Posted : Sunday, December 9, 2012 3:30:48 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Originally Posted by: vikesrule Go to Quoted Post
Bears are now 8-5

"The Zombieslayer"
is misquided.

UserPostedImage

I Wub taking your $$$. ThumpUp
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline schroeder84  
#6 Posted : Sunday, December 9, 2012 6:07:55 PM(UTC)
schroeder84

Applause Given: 6
Applause Received: 8

Gawd, the Bear's OLine sucked again today. What a terrible game for them. And AP keeps going and going and going.

Of course, I am hoping the Pack wins out, but I expect 1 loss in the next 4 (including tonight). I actually like the Pack's chances today against the Lions, at least out of doors at home in something resembling December weather.

Not too worried about the Vikings either.

Winning out would be nice though - be on a good run for the playoffs, and get a better seed.
Offline Porforis  
#7 Posted : Sunday, December 9, 2012 10:38:55 PM(UTC)
Porforis

United States

Applause Given: 169
Applause Received: 333

Packers defeat Bears - Packers are in (if the Packers lose out and the Bears win out, Packers win division due to 2-0 in head to head)
Packers go 2-1 but lose to the Bears, Packers are NOT in (If the Packers finish 11-5 and the Bears win out, the Bears will have 11-5 and the Packers will tie the Bears divisional record at 4-2. Packers lose out on common opponents)

So if the Packers are going to choose their own destiny, they either beat the bears or win the final two games.
UserPostedImage
Offline nerdmann  
#8 Posted : Sunday, December 9, 2012 10:49:13 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,639
Applause Received: 656

Originally Posted by: Porforis Go to Quoted Post
Packers defeat Bears - Packers are in (if the Packers lose out and the Bears win out, Packers win division due to 2-0 in head to head)
Packers go 2-1 but lose to the Bears, Packers are NOT in (If the Packers finish 11-5 and the Bears win out, the Bears will have 11-5 and the Packers will tie the Bears divisional record at 4-2. Packers lose out on common opponents)

So if the Packers are going to choose their own destiny, they either beat the bears or win the final two games.

We got this.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Online DakotaT  
#9 Posted : Sunday, December 9, 2012 10:51:13 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 661
Applause Received: 1,360

Just win all three remaining and take the 2nd seed. We want some payback on the 9ers.

Do we let Tramon take on Marshall next week like he did Megatron tonight. Very key to our win agains the kitties.

I like how we are underrated by the national guys, although Saint Tony Dungy said we were the best team in the NFC this season.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann on 12/9/2012(UTC)
Offline nerdmann  
#10 Posted : Sunday, December 9, 2012 11:08:09 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,639
Applause Received: 656

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
Just win all three remaining and take the 2nd seed. We want some payback on the 9ers.

Do we let Tramon take on Marshall next week like he did Megatron tonight. Very key to our win agains the kitties.

I like how we are underrated by the national guys, although Saint Tony Dungy said we were the best team in the NFC this season.

This time, Jarret Bush doesn't start at CB.

“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline gbguy20  
#11 Posted : Monday, December 10, 2012 11:53:30 AM(UTC)
gbguy20

Applause Given: 208
Applause Received: 285

I'd almost rather be "out" in this scenario and go in as the 5 or 6 seed. Dome/warm games in the playoffs please. I would not be against winning the division, Lambeau just worries me in the playoffs lately.
call me Dan
Offline PackerTraxx  
#12 Posted : Monday, December 10, 2012 12:44:42 PM(UTC)
PackerTraxx

Applause Given: 18
Applause Received: 127

The important thing is that the Packers destiny if in their own hands.
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
nerdmann on 12/10/2012(UTC)
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#13 Posted : Monday, December 10, 2012 3:45:40 PM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Applause Given: 13
Applause Received: 371

Win out and go for #1 seed. Just need a little help from Gmen, Lions and Bucs beating Atl, while SF loses to Pats and were gold.

If we stay at #3, looking like a home game against Da' Bears, skins, boys or Vikes. Then at SF.
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#14 Posted : Monday, December 10, 2012 4:24:55 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Applause Given: 335
Applause Received: 445

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
This time, Jarret Bush doesn't start at CB.

Hopefully this time Aaron Rodgers doesn't throw a gift interception just when ALL the momentum had swung The Packers way.

Sarcasm

Blaming a loss or thinking the outcome of the game will be different because of one player IS ABSOLUTE FOOTBALL IGNORANCE!!!!!!

Packers just need to take care of their own business the next 3 weeks, They win out, there's a pretty good chance they will get a bye and be ready for whoever comes a callin'

Message modified by user Monday, December 10, 2012 6:04:15 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’. "Stats are for Losers"
Online mi_keys  
#15 Posted : Monday, December 10, 2012 5:52:56 PM(UTC)
mi_keys

Applause Given: 219
Applause Received: 353

This is actually inaccurate. If we lose to the Bears and win out we'll be 5-1 in the division to their 4-2. We'd win the division on that tie breaker.

If we finish tied to Chicago in a scenario where we have the same division record (we lose to the Bears and Vikings *pukes* and Chicago loses to Arizona) we'll advance on common opponents. The simple way to determine common opponents between two division rivals is to look at the only non-common games they had. In any given season you only have 4 non-common games: the two head-to-head (which we must assume are split or this conversation is moot) and the two games against teams finishing the same rank in the division the year prior. For the Packers this year, we lost to the Giants and won against the Saints. The Bears beat both the Cowboys and the Panthers. If we finish with the same record that means we'll have the better record against common opponents.

In short, we'll have the tiebreaker over the Bears in any scenario in which we finish with the same record*

*Includes a three-way tie with Minnesota. A three-way tie in Minnesota could end with the Packers winning the division on best division record; or Minnesota winning the division on common games (lost to both the Redskins and Bucs). We can't finish behind Minnesota in division record, only tied or ahead. Chicago would finish 3rd on common games regardless.
Born and bred a cheesehead
Rss Feed