Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline nerdmann  
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 9, 2012 4:02:36 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,712
Applause Received: 665

JSO

Quote:
"He's a shifty guy," running backs coach Alex Van Pelt said. "He's different than our other backs, a smaller guy. Tremendous foot speed and quickness and the ability to get in and out of the hole quickly and make cuts quickly. But until you hand him the ball in live action, it's tough to tell. So we'll wait and see if that opportunity comes.

"He's small in stature but he seems to be a strong guy. When he hits somebody, you hear the pop."

Not to anoint him of course. LOL

Would Sanders have been effective on the tundra in weather? Might have tended to slow him down, as we saw a couple times in the playoffs...

Quote:
And again, he reiterates the advantages to being 5-7.

"Whenever they start moving, you might see the top of my helmet and then all of a sudden I get down and end up on the other side," Harris said. "You never know. Some guy might be looking around. So it's definitely an advantage, especially when I'm coming through the hole. You don't have to worry about running too high or anything like that. It's an advantage."

Kind of interested in seeing what the kid's got.

Might be a challenge in pass pro, but on the other hand, he can get up underneath a guy's pads.

Message modified by user Sunday, December 9, 2012 4:14:46 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline Zero2Cool  
#2 Posted : Sunday, December 9, 2012 4:07:29 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,968
Applause Received: 2,228

Change the title immediately or be banned. This is not a joke!
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline nerdmann  
#3 Posted : Sunday, December 9, 2012 4:15:35 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
Change the title immediately or be banned. This is not a joke!

Be interesting to see what this guy can do.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline Zero2Cool  
#4 Posted : Sunday, December 9, 2012 4:18:33 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
Be interesting to see what this guy can do.

I agree! I'm excited to see him play. I seen his height was five eight and weighed 203 ... which is exactly what Barry Sanders weighed. Then I see some saying he's five seven. I sure would like it if there was a solid height weight measurement used. It's crazy how some grow two inches or lose 40 pounds depending on the site.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#5 Posted : Sunday, December 9, 2012 4:22:40 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 3,152
Applause Received: 1,522

I know nothing about him but I assume the coaches like him enough for him to be on the team but not enough to give him carries in the game.
Hopefully GB is up by 30 in the 4th Q and they can afford to give him a few carries.
UserPostedImage

"Will you follow me, one last time?" Thorin Oakenshield
Offline wpr  
#6 Posted : Sunday, December 9, 2012 6:50:08 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

well you saw it. 10 yards on the first carry of the game.
UserPostedImage

thanks Post received 1 applause.
nerdmann on 12/9/2012(UTC)
Offline Zero2Cool  
#7 Posted : Sunday, December 9, 2012 7:27:57 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

That 11 yard run to start the first Packers drive by DuJuan Harris was impressive. He looked like a damn speeding bowling ball lol

UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#8 Posted : Sunday, December 9, 2012 7:59:32 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Good write up.

Sarah Barshop wrote:
GREEN BAY – DuJuan Harris must be doing something right.

Since being signed to the Green Bay Packers’ practice squad on Oct. 24, Harris has impressed those watching. And with the running back corps growing thinner, he may get a chance to show everyone why.

“I like him a lot,” quarterback Aaron Rodgers said. “I think he really brings an extra gear. He’s a prime example of a guy who played really well on the scout team for a number of weeks and it was like every week someone else was saying, ‘Hey, see 26 over there? See his runs he was making?’ And when you do that enough, then you get an opportunity. And now we’ve had another injury and he’s getting opportunities, so I think he’s got a chance to make some plays.”

Harris’ opportunity came when he was promoted from the Packers’ practice squad on Dec. 1. Since then, James Starks suffered a knee injury last Sunday that will keep him out “multiple weeks, according to coach Mike McCarthy; Johnny White was placed on season-ending injured reserve Wednesday because of a concussion he suffered on special teams against the New York Giants on Nov. 25; and veteran Ryan Grant was signed to rejoin the team, taking White’s roster spot.

Harris was active for the Packers’ 23-14 victory over Minnesota, but did not play, mostly because of the solid performances of Starks and Alex Green. Starks carried 15 times for 66 yards (4.4-yard average) and scored on a 22-yard run, while Green ran 12 times for 58 yards (4.8-yard average).

“Last week we had talked about getting him some runs, and then Alex (Green) and James (Starks) did such a good job,” Rodgers said. “I think this week you’re going to see him in the backfield getting a chance.”

The second-year player originally signed with the Jacksonville Jaguars as an undrafted free agent in 2011 after playing for four years at Troy University. In five games at Jacksonville, Harris had nine carries for 42 yards. He also contributed on special teams, returning 14 kickoffs for 308 yards. After being released by the Jaguars in training camp, he was claimed by the Pittsburgh Steelers, and then released again. Finally, Harris ended up in Green Bay.

Although the Packers’ haven’t been able to see Harris in game-action, head coach Mike McCarthy said he liked what he saw from the young running back. Still, he doesn’t know where Harris, who is listed at 5-foot-8 and 203 pounds, will fit into the Packers’ offense.

“We don’t really have any game experience with him so he’s someone we’ve been practicing quite a bit here of late,” McCarthy said. “Special teams is probably the priority for him right now.”

Added running backs coach Alex Van Pelt Thursday: “He’s different than the other backs. He’s a smaller guy with tremendous foot speed and quickness, ability to get in and out of the hole quickly and make cuts quickly. (But) until you give him the ball in live action, it’s tough to tell. We’ll wait and see if that opportunity comes.”

Harris said he doesn’t know how he will be used, but plans to do everything he can to make sure he will play an active role on the team.

“I haven’t really been told anything,” Harris said. “I’ve just been told, stay prepared and come to practice ready to practice and get better every day. I just can’t really think too much about it but like I said before, just come in and get better every day and execute whenever my name’s called.”

And if the way Rodgers and McCarthy have spoken about him is any indication, that won’t take long.

“He’s a young man who has a lot of abilities,” McCarthy said. “He’s 5-foot-7, but other than that we like everything about him. He has very good hands. He has burst. He’s quick. So, he’s done a nice job since he’s been here.”

Message modified by user Sunday, December 9, 2012 9:44:07 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#9 Posted : Sunday, December 9, 2012 8:29:54 PM(UTC)
wpr

United States

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
That 11 yard run to start the first Packers drive by DuJuan Harris was impressive. He looked like a damn speeding bowling ball lol

I wish his 2nd carry looked as good.
UserPostedImage

Offline DakotaT  
#10 Posted : Sunday, December 9, 2012 8:56:09 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 668
Applause Received: 1,374

Looked pretty good on that last run. Who's practice squad did we thieve him from?
UserPostedImage
Offline rabidgopher04  
#11 Posted : Sunday, December 9, 2012 8:57:40 PM(UTC)
rabidgopher04

Applause Given: 114
Applause Received: 127

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
Looked pretty good on that last run. Who's practice squad did we thieve him from?

Jacksonville.
Do you like bacon?
Offline zombieslayer  
#12 Posted : Sunday, December 9, 2012 9:07:47 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

All our RBs looked good today (so far). I think it had more to do with the blocking on the right side of the OL.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
nerdmann on 12/9/2012(UTC)
Offline DakotaT  
#13 Posted : Sunday, December 9, 2012 9:13:45 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Originally Posted by: rabidgopher04 Go to Quoted Post
Jacksonville.

Thanks RG04 - but I was hoping it was Pittsburgh so I could thank my buddies again. They're still pissed about Kuhn.
UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#14 Posted : Sunday, December 9, 2012 9:45:56 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 400
Applause Received: 1,078

Harris is got a heck of a burst and squares himself up nicely. But it is that burst that you notice.

Message modified by user Sunday, December 9, 2012 10:17:23 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline Yerko  
#15 Posted : Sunday, December 9, 2012 10:11:11 PM(UTC)
Yerko

Applause Given: 160
Applause Received: 261

His first run certainly brought that pop they talked about. He laid out the DB trying to tackle him. Good runner and quick to find the opening. Little man fights for extra yards too!
UserPostedImage
Offline nerdmann  
#16 Posted : Sunday, December 9, 2012 11:27:50 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Man what depth.

I don't think there's gonna be room for CedBen or Grant next year.
Offline nerdmann  
#17 Posted : Sunday, December 9, 2012 11:49:49 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
Man what depth.

I don't think there's gonna be room for CedBen or Grant next year.

4.42 per carry.
Offline coltonja  
#18 Posted : Monday, December 10, 2012 9:20:44 AM(UTC)
coltonja

Applause Given: 61
Applause Received: 32

Mike McCarthy wrote:
“He’s a young man who has a lot of abilities,” McCarthy said. “He’s 5-foot-7, but other than that we like everything about him. He has very good hands. He has burst. He’s quick. So, he’s done a nice job since he’s been here.”

Haha I lol'd at that. Come on, Coach, haven't you watched Ray Rice? Or Barry Sanders?!
UserPostedImage

Thanks to pack93z for the sig!!!
Offline djcubez  
#19 Posted : Monday, December 10, 2012 9:26:23 AM(UTC)
djcubez

Applause Given: 8
Applause Received: 13

He looked quick. The kind of back we've lacked for a while. I think he can be a good change of pace especially if we can get him involved in the passing game.
Check out my music webpage - Click Here
Offline yooperfan  
#20 Posted : Monday, December 10, 2012 9:36:48 AM(UTC)
yooperfan

Applause Given: 637
Applause Received: 295

The kid reminded me of Samkon Gado who also helped give us a little pickmeup when we needed it.
Thankfully we had a running game to pick up the passing game yesterday.
Offline wpr  
#21 Posted : Monday, December 10, 2012 1:49:14 PM(UTC)
wpr

United States

Quote:
Professional career
Jacksonville Jaguars

Harris was signed by the Jacksonville Jaguars as an undrafted free agent in 2011. He was released on August 25, 2012.
Pittsburgh Steelers

On August 27, 2012, Harris was claimed off waivers by the Pittsburgh Steelers and later released on August 31.
Green Bay Packers

On October 24, 2012, Harris was signed to the Green Bay Packers' practice squad. On December 1, 2012, Harris was signed to the Packers' active roster.[1]

wiki

edit-
rotoworld

Quote:
Packers signed RB DuJuan Harris and WR Jeremy Ross from the team's practice squad.
Harris spent much of the preseason with the Jaguars before being claimed off waivers by the Steelers in late August. He's a smaller back with some speed. Ross was signed as an undrafted free agent out of California by the Patriots in 2011. Both players will be special teams contributors if active on game days.
Related: Jeremy Ross
Source: Tom Silverstein on Twitter
Dec 1 - 5:50 PM
UserPostedImage

Zero2Cool on 12/10/2012(UTC)
Offline all_about_da_packers  
#22 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 9:16:54 PM(UTC)
all_about_da_packers

Applause Given: 11
Applause Received: 86

A couple of things:

1) DeJuan Harris can ball. I absolutely love the fact that, despite being short, he constantly leaps forward when falling and picks up 1-2 yards extra. We may have something special in him - he seems to get to full speed in a couple of steps, and is really sudden. Honestly, not much to dislike about him, IMO.

2) Why on earth is Ryan Grant starting? He was unwanted up until a few weeks ago, and it's quite obvious that he is not the quickest or most talented back we have. So, um, why on earth is he starting? More importantly, WTF happened to Alex Green? He was active today, and I assume there is no nagging injury that prevented Green from getting carries. So not sure WTF is going on with Green, but Grant should be nothing more than a situational back.
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
DakotaT on 12/30/2012(UTC)
Offline DakotaT  
#23 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 9:34:30 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Originally Posted by: all_about_da_packers Go to Quoted Post
A couple of things:

1) DeJuan Harris can ball. I absolutely love the fact that, despite being short, he constantly leaps forward when falling and picks up 1-2 yards extra. We may have something special in him - he seems to get to full speed in a couple of steps, and is really sudden. Honestly, not much to dislike about him, IMO.

2) Why on earth is Ryan Grant starting? He was unwanted up until a few weeks ago, and it's quite obvious that he is not the quickest or most talented back we have. So, um, why on earth is he starting? More importantly, WTF happened to Alex Green? He was active today, and I assume there is no nagging injury that prevented Green from getting carries. So not sure WTF is going on with Green, but Grant should be nothing more than a situational back.

Thank you, when I call Ryan Grant dog shit, I'm just an asshole. I'm glad other people can honestly critique a Packer. Gotta like Dejuan for the reasons u stated, and that he is one of those "hungry" players.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann on 12/30/2012(UTC)
Offline doddpower  
#24 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 9:56:09 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011

United States

Applause Given: 2,093
Applause Received: 530

Thank you, when I call Ryan Grant dog shit, I'm just an asshole. I'm glad other people can honestly critique a Packer. Gotta like Dejuan for the reasons u stated, and that he is one of those "hungry" players.

Eh, given the circumstances of the Packers injuries, I think Grant is nice immediate depth, even if it's only as a #3 RB. But honestly, he's probably better then Green at this point from a pure running stand point, and definitely deserves a spot on the Packers roster.

Offline nerdmann  
#25 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 11:55:48 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

5.4 today for DuJuan.

Very nice. DuJuan, Jeremy Ross, and the Queens were all playing at a different speed today.
Rss Feed