Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
4 Pages<1234>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Zero2Cool  
#11 Posted : Sunday, December 9, 2012 5:32:51 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,966
Applause Received: 2,222

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
Maybe give Bulaga a shot at LT next year. All I know is that I liked what I saw with Barclay to RT last week, so give him the rest of the year to prove himself. We're kind of SOL this year anyway, but we'll ride this line for as long as far as they take us.

Howie Long among others were saying Bryan Bulaga was the best RT this season. Not sure if I'd want to mess with that.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything." - Nikola Tesla

UserPostedImage
Online wpr  
#12 Posted : Sunday, December 9, 2012 5:32:59 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 3,143
Applause Received: 1,515

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
I tried not to learn anything from my religious teachers, be then again, I am Catholic.

I use to be then I turned 18 and could walk away without my parents stopping me.
UserPostedImage

"Will you follow me, one last time?" Thorin Oakenshield
Offline DakotaT  
#13 Posted : Sunday, December 9, 2012 5:36:25 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 665
Applause Received: 1,367

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
Howie Long among others were saying Bryan Bulaga was the best RT this season. Not sure if I'd want to mess with that.

Howie was hit in the head too many times. Did they actually watch Bryan agains the Seahags?
UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#14 Posted : Sunday, December 9, 2012 5:42:32 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 398
Applause Received: 1,078

I think Lang will be left inside from here on out this season.. don't displace more than one piece. Leave Barclay or pull up Datko for the right tackle and give them help. One spot to provide help beats two.

Next season.. replace Campen and leave this unit be for the most part.. a solid oline coach will get the talent we have out each week.

LG - Lang
C - Drafted Rookie - Veteran FA with gas left in the tank.
RG - Sitton
RT - A healthy Bulaga
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline DakotaT  
#15 Posted : Sunday, December 9, 2012 9:23:28 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 665
Applause Received: 1,367

Well I didn't hear Cliff Avrils name called all night. Barclay at RT for the rest of the season and Lang back to Guard. Only question is does EDS take over for Saturday at center. I doubt they make that change.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
nerdmann on 12/9/2012(UTC)
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#16 Posted : Monday, December 10, 2012 8:58:53 AM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Applause Given: 13
Applause Received: 398

Barclay has looked more than serviceable at RT. Haven't seen him get bulled over, and with the outside rush he seems to move well enough that he is able to force them deeper than Rodgers drop in the pocket which is all you really want. Biggest thing though is he and Sitton seem to work well together in run blocking. I'd be more than willing with what he has shown, to give him the shot for RT for the remainder of the season.

Lang, move him back to LG. He was playing pretty well there, the question then is, what to do at C. Saturday just doesn't seem to have it, he gets over powered, doesn't get enough push and is lacking speed. For passing the front of the pocket needs to hold up or Rodgers can't step up and throw. If we expect Saturday to hold his position alone, we lose. He always needs help from one of the G's around him which put extra pressure on our Tackles. I would like to see D-Smith have a shot at C.
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
Offline djcubez  
#17 Posted : Monday, December 10, 2012 9:20:09 AM(UTC)
djcubez

Applause Given: 8
Applause Received: 13

Can't say much about our line next year but Lang is not a tackle. The reason Barclay looks better is because he is better at the position. Lang should stay inside at guard where he's turning into a real quality player. Moving him outside is just going to slow his progress at LG where he could become a pro-bowl caliber starter at some point. His future is there.

The problem is lack of depth at tackle. Sherrod's injury really screwed us. I think Ted Thompson and company thought that Sherrod would be ready to play some time this year so we stashed him on PUP and went in with a contingency plan of Lang at RT and EDS at LG. Unfortunately, we lost both our starting RT and then lost our contingency plan at RT. On top of that, Sherrod did not heal as expect. Barclay is what we got and he's more natural at T than Lang was (not a knock on Lang).
Check out my music webpage - Click Here
Offline djcubez  
#18 Posted : Monday, December 10, 2012 9:24:34 AM(UTC)
djcubez

Applause Given: 8
Applause Received: 13

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins Go to Quoted Post
Lang, move him back to LG. He was playing pretty well there, the question then is, what to do at C. Saturday just doesn't seem to have it, he gets over powered, doesn't get enough push and is lacking speed. For passing the front of the pocket needs to hold up or Rodgers can't step up and throw. If we expect Saturday to hold his position alone, we lose. He always needs help from one of the G's around him which put extra pressure on our Tackles. I would like to see D-Smith have a shot at C.

I think EDS will be in competition for the starting center position next year. He will probably be up against a rookie or two. Saturday is most likely for this year only (unless we really need him next year). He's a stopgap to give EDS another year to learn and let us build some more depth at the position in the draft next year.
Check out my music webpage - Click Here
Offline DarkaneRules  
#19 Posted : Monday, December 10, 2012 11:09:13 AM(UTC)
DarkaneRules

Applause Given: 211
Applause Received: 357

I really hope we get a new center. Hopefully EDS can be that moving forward while continuing to develop. Saturday has been serviceable.

Lang should go back to LG and Barclay remain at RT.

To me, this year really exposed our tackles. Bulaga is out so not much to say on him right now, but in my opinion, Newhouse has just been embarrassing. He routinely just gets blown up and Rodgers rarely tries going outside that direction now. Last night he got pushed and flew backwards. It is pretty sad seeing how bad he gets tossed around by the top rushers. He is a liability.

We have to do so more creative things to make up for this. Really liked that running play where EDS crossed over to fill a gap. We need more plays like that to keep drives alive.

O line is a huge ? going into the playoffs.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#20 Posted : Monday, December 10, 2012 1:20:46 PM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

United States

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 178

Is Saturday really that bad? because I see EDS getting beat more than him...
Rss Feed