You are not logged in. Join Free! | Log In Thank you!    

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages<1234>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline zombieslayer  
#16 Posted : Sunday, December 9, 2012 8:42:52 AM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
Perhaps it's a product of Americans being slaves to their job and lacking them the time necessary to properly raise their children?

BINGO! Applause

That sentence earns you an applause point.

This country needs a revolution. Americans have become slaves to their jobs and the results have been neglected kids and erectile dysfunction medications.

MontanaBob wrote:
Vikes..Terry Dillon played with me for two years at Montana. He was a great running back and defensive back, (we played both ways back then) and played in the 1962 East-West Shrine Game. He was drafted by the Vikings and played one year as defensive back, then came back to Missoula to work on the construction of I-90, and fell off a bridge just west of Missoula that summer. His body was found three weeks later about 5 miles downstream.

He was engaged to a beautiful girl at the time, and I remember that I and another player from the team spent several hours with her and her parents trying our best to help her coupe with what happened.

I still think of all the times he saved me from having to punt deep in our own territory, and especially the time he told me to run on a fake punt....I scored my only collegiant TD on the play....as he noticed that the defense was always pulling all linemen out when we punted. I went 55 yards untouched on that fake.

Number 22 is in my Hall of Fame.

Beautiful story, Bob. I feel really bad for the young girl.

So I gotta ask you though, does it bum you out that Ray Guy is not in the Hall? Dad and I just had this conversation not too long ago.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline SINCITYCHEEZE  
#17 Posted : Sunday, December 9, 2012 10:57:19 AM(UTC)
SINCITYCHEEZE

United States

Applause Given: 155
Applause Received: 105

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
After an earth science class my son when he was in jr high explained to his mother that she was in fact older than dirt. He may have gotten points for his knowledge he got none for his wisdom.

How many hours did it take for him to wake up from being knocked out Wanna Box? by mom?Laugh

Wisconsin Born,Packer Bred
UserPostedImage
Offline Wade  
#18 Posted : Sunday, December 9, 2012 11:24:14 AM(UTC)
Wade

Applause Given: 563
Applause Received: 589

I thought the point of progress was that you didn't have to work as hard.

(shrug)

I'm a lazy bum. I'm happy to let the rest of you do the hard work. I'd rather sit and watch you put shingles on the roof while I sit on the deck drinking a martini and bluffing with a pair of deuces.

:)
None of the above. It wouldn't have been a wasted vote. Obama and Romney -- Those were the wasted votes.
Offline zombieslayer  
#19 Posted : Sunday, December 9, 2012 11:29:18 AM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Originally Posted by: Wade Go to Quoted Post
I thought the point of progress was that you didn't have to work as hard.

(shrug)

I'm a lazy bum. I'm happy to let the rest of you do the hard work. I'd rather sit and watch you put shingles on the roof while I sit on the deck drinking a martini and bluffing with a pair of deuces.

:)

Yeah, that was supposed to be the point. Machines would do the work so humans can focus on important things, like art and sex.

Didn't happen. We're worse off than we were 20 years ago.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Online DakotaT  
#20 Posted : Sunday, December 9, 2012 11:36:07 AM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 570
Applause Received: 1,191

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer Go to Quoted Post
Yeah, that was supposed to be the point. Machines would do the work so humans can focus on important things, like art and sex.

Didn't happen. We're worse off than we were 20 years ago.

Because we have to import our laborers from south of the border. If only the fright wing would realize they can't have everything their way.

I absolutely loathe sitting in a cubicle with a shirt and tie on, although I've done that a lot in my life. Give me the fresh air and some power tools anyday.

UserPostedImage
Offline MontanaBob  
#21 Posted : Sunday, December 9, 2012 2:34:14 PM(UTC)
MontanaBob

Applause Received: 45

Zombie....Ray Guy was a hell of a punter. His hang time was so incredible that the gunners could get down field, find the ball in the air, wave to the cheerleaders, have a hotdog, and then wait for the poor returner to either fair catch the ball, or take his life in his hands and try a return.

Remember when he hit the scoreboard hanging over midfield at the AstroDome?
Anyone for a Weenie Roast?
Offline zombieslayer  
#22 Posted : Sunday, December 9, 2012 2:46:53 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Originally Posted by: MontanaBob Go to Quoted Post
Zombie....Ray Guy was a hell of a punter. His hang time was so incredible that the gunners could get down field, find the ball in the air, wave to the cheerleaders, have a hotdog, and then wait for the poor returner to either fair catch the ball, or take his life in his hands and try a return.

Remember when he hit the scoreboard hanging over midfield at the AstroDome?

I heard about that. Didn't see it.

And yes, his hang time was amazing. Anyone returning a punt on Ray Guy was either stupid or suicidal.

DakotaT wrote:
Because we have to import our laborers from south of the border. If only the fright wing would realize they can't have everything their way.

I absolutely loathe sitting in a cubicle with a shirt and tie on, although I've done that a lot in my life. Give me the fresh air and some power tools anyday.

I hate sitting in a cube too, but my back is shot. Got no choice. I can't do physical labor any more.

Let's not beat around the bush. Plenty of Americans would do what the Mexicans would do if it wasn't for the $$$/working conditions. Workers SHOULD make a decent living and have good working conditions. yet another reason why we need a revolution. Heck, my wife has done migrant farm working. There is no shortage of workers. That's a myth perpetuated by the rich.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

thanks Post received 1 applause.
yooperfan on 12/12/2012(UTC)
Offline Zero2Cool  
#23 Posted : Sunday, December 9, 2012 2:49:24 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Applause Given: 1,744
Applause Received: 1,792

I sit in a high wall cube currently. And if I could do physical labor that paid as much or more, I would. I tried being a Mason with my father, but he blindly said I was too smart to be aching every morning and I should be sitting in an office exploiting my brain financially.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Online DakotaT  
#24 Posted : Sunday, December 9, 2012 3:42:26 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
I sit in a high wall cube currently. And if I could do physical labor that paid as much or more, I would. I tried being a Mason with my father, but he blindly said I was too smart to be aching every morning and I should be sitting in an office exploiting my brain financially.

The problem for you is that you work in a saturated field. All the trades are lacking for good competent workers and there is big money in them. And going back to Gunny Foster's idea of what people should be paid, there are a lot of overpaid white collar workers and underpaid blue collar workers.

UserPostedImage
Offline Porforis  
#25 Posted : Sunday, December 9, 2012 5:07:50 PM(UTC)
Porforis

United States

Applause Given: 167
Applause Received: 328

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 Go to Quoted Post
Anyone over 25 is older than dirt

which is me in 2 years

You're just a pup.

Wow, that makes me feel old. And I'm only 26 Eh?
UserPostedImage
Offline MontanaBob  
#26 Posted : Sunday, December 9, 2012 5:24:41 PM(UTC)
MontanaBob

Applause Received: 45

Really.............is ANYONE here older than me? If I am the oldest then I am evoking my seniority powers and all members on this forum must send me $2. That will help pay for my Centrum Senior and back and muscle pain relief tablets.

Oh, wait......I get those free on my Medicare Prescription Drug plan. OK, then I'll get a bottle of Gentleman Jack and think of all of you as I relax and sip a few.
Anyone for a Weenie Roast?
Offline Zero2Cool  
#27 Posted : Sunday, December 9, 2012 5:30:04 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Applause Given: 1,744
Applause Received: 1,792

Really.............is ANYONE here older than me? If I am the oldest then I am evoking my seniority powers and all members on this forum must send me $2. That will help pay for my Centrum Senior and back and muscle pain relief tablets.

Oh, wait......I get those free on my Medicare Prescription Drug plan. OK, then I'll get a bottle of Gentleman Jack and think of all of you as I relax and sip a few.

You're entitled to 2% of everyone's paid membership fees.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline wpr  
#28 Posted : Sunday, December 9, 2012 5:30:51 PM(UTC)
wpr

United States

Applause Given: 2,425
Applause Received: 1,204

you are in deed the oldest fart on the room.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Offline Pack93z  
#29 Posted : Sunday, December 9, 2012 5:38:28 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

U.S. Minor Islands

Applause Given: 353
Applause Received: 937

On topic.. you are only as old as the latest snap crackle pop of the joints makes you feel.. I feel 20 years younger in the warmer months than the colder ones. The body just struggles with the fall season with great changes in the temperature on a day to day basis.

On the blue collar vs white collar.. while my day time job might be a office job, it is hardly the only work I do. Each season seems to have different tasks.. just to list a few.. baling hay, firewood, carpentry, mechanic.. it just never stops. It has been a couple of years that I have had a vehicle worked on other than tires and alignment. All other work runs through the garage here or pops..

So it is hardly a cornered market in PA and ND. lol.
The wolves will never lose sleep over the feelings of the sheep.

UserPostedImage
Online DakotaT  
#30 Posted : Sunday, December 9, 2012 5:48:46 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Originally Posted by: Pack93z Go to Quoted Post
On topic.. you are only as old as the latest snap crackle pop of the joints makes you feel.. I feel 20 years younger in the warmer months than the colder ones. The body just struggles with the fall season with great changes in the temperature on a day to day basis.

On the blue collar vs white collar.. while my day time job might be a office job, it is hardly the only work I do. Each season seems to have different tasks.. just to list a few.. baling hay, firewood, carpentry, mechanic.. it just never stops. It has been a couple of years that I have had a vehicle worked on other than tires and alignment. All other work runs through the garage here or pops..

So it is hardly a cornered market in PA and ND. lol.

In PA and ND, we consider fixing things on our cars fun, not work!

UserPostedImage