Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
8 Pages<12345>»
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline dfosterf  
#31 Posted : Wednesday, December 12, 2012 5:58:57 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Applause Given: 173
Applause Received: 386

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
I don't know why everyone is so cocky, we have been winning some pretty fugly games. I sure like the run/pass mix we have been using the last couple games, but I miss the quick strike and balloon scoring we had been doing.

Personally, unless things change dramatically, I think we're done. Call it a Sun Tzu observation. I don't WANT that to be true, but that's what I think. The media seems to think we are "dangerous", or somesuchshit.

That Giants game was the nightmare I saw coming. The Bears are meaningless, especially IF WE WIN. If we lose, maybe we will wake up, or something, or get a better draft choice, or something...

Right now, it's all complete bullshit until we beat a team like the Giants in their house... to me. I would risk death before getting beat again by the same opponent, I swear, I WOULD f*ckING HOLD THAT LINE. ...but me and mine roll differently...

There. That's not cocky.

Oh, and Lovie Smith can kiss my dick, along with the Green Bay Packers dicks, and all Packer fans' dicks.

Remember?

His goal was and is to beat the Packers, said so when he got the job.

WE stayed quiet, and beat him and his f*cking Bares. Let's stay quiet some more, and run his ass out of Chicago, crushing him AGAIN.

(Sorry Grizz and the kids reading this, especially the language--love ya all but not much of a f*cking Bears fan, lol)

Edited by user Wednesday, December 12, 2012 6:46:12 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.

Offline Cheesey  
#32 Posted : Wednesday, December 12, 2012 6:43:55 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 160
Applause Received: 348

Get after Cutler, and that stops the Bares offense.

I just hope we keep the foot on the gas the entire game. Don't let up for an instant.
UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#33 Posted : Wednesday, December 12, 2012 6:54:58 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 381
Applause Received: 1,027

Brandon Marshall doesn't like the Packers.. good... I am sure the feeling is mutual.

I have no issue with saying there are few Bear players I enjoy.. I loath the team. So it bothers me not what Brandon and his Charlie Brown tree like.

In terms of cocky.. we shouldn't be yet... not until we can run the ball consistently and start making defenses come out of that shell. It is getting there.. and if it does, the cocky ass Osi and his light in the ass defensive front should get smack in the mouth.

The only team in the NFC I fear if we develop a consistent running game.. the Niners. You can run right at the Giants. But so far we haven't, couldn't and failed. Hence the harping on the running game.. it is the equalizer against the Giants.

I know 54 is missing on the Bears.. but it should be a good test to see if our running game is really going. Run on Briggs and company.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline dfosterf  
#34 Posted : Wednesday, December 12, 2012 7:01:43 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Originally Posted by: Pack93z Go to Quoted Post
Brandon Marshall doesn't like the Packers.. good... I am sure the feeling is mutual.

I have no issue with saying there are few Bear players I enjoy.. I loath the team. So it bothers me not what Brandon and his Charlie Brown tree like.

In terms of cocky.. we shouldn't be yet... not until we can run the ball consistently and start making defenses come out of that shell. It is getting there.. and if it does, the cocky ass Osi and his light in the ass defensive front should get smack in the mouth.

The only team in the NFC I fear if we develop a consistent running game.. the Niners. You can run right at the Giants. But so far we haven't, couldn't and failed. Hence the harping on the running game.. it is the equalizer against the Giants.

I know 54 is missing on the Bears.. but it should be a good test to see if our running game is really going. Run on Briggs and company.

Right down their throats. The non-running-capable GB Packers. Shove the friggin' ball right down their mf'ing throats, right up the gut.

They should let me give the GD pre-game speech in the locker room. I could virtually guarantee a couple of dead bears in the 1st quarter.

Razz

e.g. (I have inspirational mentors, plus, it's as close to war as I can get these days, lol)

...When Chesty Puller's (google just his pic- self-explanatory, real- not movie -lol) regiment was assaulted by a full 22 divisions of the Chinese Army at the Chosin, he was asked by a journalist "if anyone would possibly survive..."

His response was simple- "There are not enough communists on this planet to stop a U.S. Marine regiment from going where it wants to go."

His Marines backed his smack. Many historians say that the US Navy, Marines, and weather created the single-largest devastation of any enemy force in the history of warfare during that
single battle...that would include Kursk and such... http://www.bing.com/imag...+Chosin+&FORM=HDRSC2 THAT is digging "deep".

Beat these Bears.

Edited by user Wednesday, December 12, 2012 8:39:59 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.

Offline DakotaT  
#35 Posted : Wednesday, December 12, 2012 8:54:01 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 630
Applause Received: 1,309

Gunny, how many shots have you had tonight?

I want Lovie in Chicago forever with Mike Tice as his offensive coordinator. I wonder how well the O-line will do this week. I read somewhere that TJ will be back at LG. A little more beef mixed with nasty never hurts. And I hope we keep using #64 as a tackle eligible that sometimes goes in motion. That was a nice little variation.
UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#36 Posted : Wednesday, December 12, 2012 8:55:16 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 2,824
Applause Received: 1,364

I want Lovie in Chicago forever with Mike Tice as his offensive coordinator. I wonder how well the O-line will do this week. I read somewhere that TJ will be back at LG. A little more beef mixed with nasty never hurts. And I hope we keep using #64 as a tackle eligible that sometimes goes in motion. That was a nice little variation.

THIS!!!!!!
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Offline dfosterf  
#37 Posted : Wednesday, December 12, 2012 8:57:04 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

I'm trying to explain the real baseline of hatred. Running with the animals, if you will.

Bears Pack Vikes Pack

Closest I come to that.

Now, Giants Pack

I also do not like wind, weight, springs, rust, coat hangars in plastic trash bags, and fat drunk black women at wedding receptions.
UserPostedImage

Offline DakotaT  
#38 Posted : Wednesday, December 12, 2012 9:07:22 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 630
Applause Received: 1,309

Originally Posted by: dfosterf Go to Quoted Post
I'm trying to explain the real baseline of hatred.

In this forum, I thought it was the Minnesota border. Maybe you're thinking of something else?
UserPostedImage
Offline dfosterf  
#39 Posted : Wednesday, December 12, 2012 9:16:56 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

In this forum, I thought it was the Minnesota border. Maybe you're thinking of something else?

Did I ever tell you that my uncle had to switch plates on his car in order to sell insurance in Minnesota? He actually had registered his car in both states.

I was a lad. I asked him why he was swapping his plates (Good Wisconsin farm, courtyard, ready for his road-trip) puttin' the Minnesota plates on his car...

Answer:

"Vince Lombardi"

I swear on my mother's grave that was his response.

Laugh

UserPostedImage

thanks Post received 1 applause.
SINCITYCHEEZE on 12/12/2012(UTC)
Offline wpr  
#40 Posted : Wednesday, December 12, 2012 9:20:33 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Did I ever tell you that my uncle had to switch plates on his car in order to sell insurance in Minnesota? He actually had registered his car in both states.

I was a lad. I asked him why he was swapping his plates (Good Wisconsin farm, courtyard, ready for his road-trip) puttin' the Minnesota plates on his car...

Answer:

"Vince Lombardi"

I swear on my mother's grave that was his response.

Laugh

sounds like something my dad would have done.

UserPostedImage

Offline dfosterf  
#41 Posted : Wednesday, December 12, 2012 11:32:10 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

"Green Bay Packers" meant power in the common usage of our entire language when I grew up, and that is no hyperbole. It just did.

That was a good thing.
UserPostedImage

Offline Pack93z  
#42 Posted : Thursday, December 13, 2012 6:05:55 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

United States

Personally, unless things change dramatically, I think we're done. Call it a Sun Tzu observation. I don't WANT that to be true, but that's what I think. The media seems to think we are "dangerous", or somesuchshit.

After I read this last night.. it stuck in my noggin.. so as I worked last night on SQL (you know those soft cushy hours of the IT departments everywhere of 11pm to 1:30am) this statement here kept echoing in my head.

Beyond probably seeking therapy for allowing this type of statement linger in my thoughts, it also reaffirmed the notion that we as Packer fans are a bunch of spoiled knuckleheads.

This team has won 7 of its last 8 games.. yet we are ready weekly to pounce on the negatives. I was guilty of that same trap last season with about 5 or 6 weeks to go before the playoffs and my fatal flaw notion. Regardless of whether it actually came to life later.. the concept of bitching about winning ugly through injury and struggle is goofy.

Someone once quoted - "Men, I'll be honest. Winning isn't everything,"Men, it's the only thing!" ~ Red Sanders.

While the thought that we might not be dominate or maybe even a threat to win it all might be the only factor to some (ie.. me most of the time), shouldn't we enjoy the successes that we have along the way as fans?

Call it a temporary reset on my thinking for today.. because I know.. on Monday of next week I will probably be in the fatal flaw mindset. But for today.. I am going to try an trick myself to be optimistic, enjoy the successes of today of the Packers, and only look for the positives going into Sunday.

Because damn it.. those Bear fans are whining even louder than usually about the demise of their football team. Brings a smile every time.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#43 Posted : Thursday, December 13, 2012 6:22:00 AM(UTC)
wpr

United States

Originally Posted by: Pack93z Go to Quoted Post
After I read this last night.. it stuck in my noggin.. so as I worked last night on SQL (you know those soft cushy hours of the IT departments everywhere of 11pm to 1:30am) this statement here kept echoing in my head.

Beyond probably seeking therapy for allowing this type of statement linger in my thoughts, it also reaffirmed the notion that we as Packer fans are a bunch of spoiled knuckleheads.

This team has won 7 of its last 8 games.. yet we are ready weekly to pounce on the negatives. I was guilty of that same trap last season with about 5 or 6 weeks to go before the playoffs and my fatal flaw notion. Regardless of whether it actually came to life later.. the concept of bitching about winning ugly through injury and struggle is goofy.

Someone once quoted - "Men, I'll be honest. Winning isn't everything,"Men, it's the only thing!" ~ Red Sanders.

While the thought that we might not be dominate or maybe even a threat to win it all might be the only factor to some (ie.. me most of the time), shouldn't we enjoy the successes that we have along the way as fans?

Call it a temporary reset on my thinking for today.. because I know.. on Monday of next week I will probably be in the fatal flaw mindset. But for today.. I am going to try an trick myself to be optimistic, enjoy the successes of today of the Packers, and only look for the positives going into Sunday.

Because damn it.. those Bear fans are whining even louder than usually about the demise of their football team. Brings a smile every time.

I love Bear-Packer Week on the Chicago radio stations. The Bear fans, DJs and former players usually cry so well. It is usually a real ego boost. Even when they are playing somewhat well you can usually see their unrealistically high expectations and you know they will come crashing down around them all to soon.

UserPostedImage

Offline gbguy20  
#44 Posted : Thursday, December 13, 2012 9:40:33 AM(UTC)
gbguy20

Applause Given: 203
Applause Received: 284

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
I love Bear-Packer Week on the Chicago radio stations. The Bear fans, DJs and former players usually cry so well. It is usually a real ego boost. Even when they are playing somewhat well you can usually see their unrealistically high expectations and you know they will come crashing down around them all to soon.

are we immune from unrealistically high expectations?
call me Dan
Offline Pack93z  
#45 Posted : Thursday, December 13, 2012 9:50:02 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

United States

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 Go to Quoted Post
are we immune from unrealistically high expectations?

No... but more often than not over the past two decades.. we haven't been consistently disappointed as the Bears fans.

Example.. I still get cursed at in jest for the Packers win on Soldiers field in the NFC Championship game. After living through decades of struggles prior to that, like the Fridge TD rub it in gesture, you simply soak it in on these streaks we currently are on.. 6 straight that is.

UserPostedImage
Rss Feed