Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.
2 Pages<12

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Zero2Cool  
#21 Posted : Monday, August 25, 2008 7:22:48 PM(UTC)
" said: Go to Quoted Post
I dunno. Looks like Strahan might get signed back to NY with Umenyiora out for the season.

I heard on the radio that the Giants are now considering, very strongly, to ante up the 8 million and Michael Strahan has no qualms about pushing his TV stardom off one year.
eap33  
#22 Posted : Monday, August 25, 2008 7:24:12 PM(UTC)
I dunno. Looks like Strahan might get signed back to NY with Umenyiora out for the season.

I heard on the radio that the Giants are now considering, very strongly, to ante up the 8 million and Michael Strahan has no qualms about pushing his TV stardom off one year.

That's what I heard too. They'd be stupid not to. Who do they have on their line without Umenyiora and Strahan?
IronMan  
#23 Posted : Monday, August 25, 2008 7:29:24 PM(UTC)
He is still under contract with the Giants. (1 year 4 million left)

Brett Favre was under contract with the Packers for 3 years and some 39 million.

I am aware of this. You seemed to suggested we should sign him for $8 million. (unless I misunderstood you) My point was he isn't a free agent.
Zero2Cool  
#24 Posted : Monday, August 25, 2008 7:41:24 PM(UTC)

Brett Favre was under contract with the Packers for 3 years and some 39 million.

I am aware of this. You seemed to suggested we should sign him for $8 million. (unless I misunderstood you) My point was he isn't a free agent.

So, I can't assume you weren't aware of Brett, but you can assume I'm not aware of Strahan.

Gotcha! :P
Bigbyfan  
#25 Posted : Monday, August 25, 2008 8:02:38 PM(UTC)

So, I can't assume you weren't aware of Brett, but you can assume I'm not aware of Strahan.

:whipitgood:
IronMan  
#26 Posted : Monday, August 25, 2008 8:29:27 PM(UTC)

Correct. You said that all it would take is $8 million to get Strahan. That is false. We would need to trade something to get him here first.

If that's all it takes, 8 millioin, I say Ted, jump on that and get him in here!
strobl2  
#27 Posted : Monday, August 25, 2008 9:06:06 PM(UTC)
That's what I heard too. They'd be stupid not to. Who do they have on their line without Umenyiora and Strahan?

ESPN says they are moving LB Mathias Kiwanuka to DE to replace Umenyiora.
johnny_blood  
#28 Posted : Monday, August 25, 2008 9:15:58 PM(UTC)
I would much rather use the cap space to extend our own players.

One year, four million? I'd bite, and we can still extend our own guys.

We already know he won't play for four million. He chose to retire instead of take four million from the Super Bowl champions.
Zero2Cool  
#29 Posted : Monday, August 25, 2008 9:19:46 PM(UTC)

Correct. You said that all it would take is $8 million to get Strahan. That is false. We would need to trade something to get him here first.

If that's all it takes, 8 million, I say Ted, jump on that and get him in here!

Are you seriously trying to start a pissing match over THIS? Wow. Haven't had enough drama in the last 72 hours eh? lol ;)

Moving along NOW!

As I stated in the FIRST post, its just me neandering, but gosh, it'd be nice. We even have some cap space to accommodate him.

I could be mistaken, but I believe in his retirement speech he (for those who need specifics, Michael Strahan) stated one of the things he was most proud of was he played in entire career as a NY Giant.
all_about_da_packers  
#30 Posted : Monday, August 25, 2008 9:26:31 PM(UTC)
Actually I've been wondering something related to our pass rush...

Assuming that it is sub-par this year... does Ted Thompson make a run at Julius Peppers next year? By run, I mean a serious run, as in Ted is willing to pay a little above 'market value' for a stud DE.

Heck, let's assume that KGB isn't the same player as last year.... then does Ted Thompson at least consider entering into the bidding war (only if even marginally) for Peppers?
Zero2Cool  
#31 Posted : Monday, August 25, 2008 9:30:43 PM(UTC)
Good point about Peppers, but didn't he decline big time? Or am I thinking Kris Jenkins?

I don't recall. I do remember a stud Panther DL of some kind take a huge fall from grace.

edit, forgot to add this nugget... Keep in mind, Ted feels its safter to groom offensive players than to sign a FA to a big contract for the offense. However, he feels you can get a good defensive player in FA.

He has said and I believe his history has proven, he leans towards signing FA on the defensive side than the offensive.
all_about_da_packers  
#32 Posted : Monday, August 25, 2008 9:34:19 PM(UTC)
Good point about Peppers, but didn't he decline big time? Or am I thinking Kris Jenkins?

I don't recall. I do remember a stud Panther DL of some kind take a huge fall from grace.

edit, forgot to add this nugget... Keep in mind, Ted feels its safter to groom offensive players than to sign a FA to a big contract for the offense. However, he feels you can get a good defensive player in FA.

He has said and I believe his history has proven, he leans towards signing FA on the defensive side than the offensive.

I think it was both. But Peppers did indeed slide big time, he had only 2.5 sacks in 14 games as a starter.

But I have to think he wouldn't have lost 'it' at only 28, would he? He's still in his prime for a couple more seasons IMO, don't see why he wouldn't be able to turn it around...
Packers_Finland  
#33 Posted : Tuesday, August 26, 2008 6:39:53 AM(UTC)
Well, the Giants do have Justin Tuck who recorded two sacks in the Super Bowl. But I think his more of a situational guy though.
pack_in_black  
#34 Posted : Tuesday, August 26, 2008 12:39:16 PM(UTC)
Well, the Giants do have Justin Tuck who recorded two sacks in the Super Bowl. But I think his more of a situational guy though.

The NYG prefer him on the inside.

But Peppers would be sweet. Odds are, though, if he has a comeback year, someone will set a deal in place w/his agent so that he breaks their bank @ midnight on the opening of Free Agency. I won't get my hopes up, but it'd be sweet.
PackOne  
#35 Posted : Tuesday, August 26, 2008 12:42:29 PM(UTC)
How I feel everytime big time free agent and Packers are in the same sentence.

UserPostedImage
zombieslayer  
#36 Posted : Tuesday, August 26, 2008 1:15:33 PM(UTC)
How I feel everytime big time free agent and Packers are in the same sentence.

UserPostedImage

:lol:

+1
Rss Feed