Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.
9 Pages«<789

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
SINCITYCHEEZE  
#161 Posted : Sunday, December 16, 2012 8:35:33 AM(UTC)
pack93z said: Go to Quoted Post
So let me get this right.. the Packers whom guard information about players like it is paramount to national security, decide now to leak information to the free world?

Something just doesn't sit right with the timing and seeming definitive nature of this information.

Sorry Bob... I am not buying your information, seems like a guess to me. One the Packers don't need at the moment.. so thanks for pissing on the possible parade this weekend.

I am guessing there will be some comments from the Packers arriving tomorrow on the topic, a denial.

Or perhaps a final lesson by the Packers to show Mr. Finley how stupid statements to press affect things in peoples lives and careers???? Don't think this is the case,but stranger things have happened in life.

zombieslayer  
#162 Posted : Sunday, December 16, 2012 10:15:34 AM(UTC)
El3ment12 said: Go to Quoted Post
SO now will he just drop balls on purpose? Finley has a lot of talent, but can't keep his mouth shut.

Let's say for argument's sake that this article is correct.

If so, Baratz will be on the phone with Finley and tell him to play the best ball he can possibly play, because he'll now be playing for a contract with another team.

Best thing possible for Finley is for the Packers to win the SB and for Finley to be SB MVP. That would make $$$ for both Baratz and Finley.
Zero2Cool  
#163 Posted : Sunday, December 16, 2012 10:35:43 AM(UTC)
I'm okay with Finley being let go, especially if it means Greg Jennings and/or B.J. Raji and/or Clay Matthews ...etc keeping them Im down.
Wade  
#164 Posted : Sunday, December 16, 2012 10:53:35 AM(UTC)
I thought the rest of you were always talking about how good a reporter McGinn is.

Hmm.

[grin1]
Zero2Cool  
#165 Posted : Sunday, December 16, 2012 11:05:53 AM(UTC)
Wade said: Go to Quoted Post
I thought the rest of you were always talking about how good a reporter McGinn is.

Hmm.

[grin1]

Ever since he lied about Brett Favre and refused to acknowledge his error, I've disliked him.
wpr  
#166 Posted : Sunday, December 16, 2012 2:04:56 PM(UTC)
solid first game after the story. 5 catches 61 yards. At least 2 were on 3rd down.
Zero2Cool  
#167 Posted : Sunday, December 16, 2012 2:09:28 PM(UTC)
2 of Finley's 5 catches went for first downs, including one on fourth down. I had said before the game he needed 6 catches for 70 yards at least against this Cover 2. 5 catches for 61 ... cut him.
play2win  
#168 Posted : Sunday, December 16, 2012 2:22:03 PM(UTC)
Good to see Finley making some great catches in important situations and contributing. Awesome.
wpr  
#169 Posted : Sunday, December 16, 2012 2:27:02 PM(UTC)
play2win said: Go to Quoted Post
Good to see Finley making some great catches in important situations and contributing. Awesome.

as much of a pain as he is every one in a while. I really want him to succeed.
DakotaT  
#170 Posted : Sunday, December 16, 2012 3:35:42 PM(UTC)
Ever watch Finley attempt to block a linebacker in space? This is the flaw by which he should be cut or traded, not his big mouth or ghetto celebrations.
Gaycandybacon  
#171 Posted : Sunday, December 16, 2012 3:44:31 PM(UTC)
Finely and Cobb is the key guys to beating this damn cover 2 shit. Jones can take care of the rest in the redzone :3
DakotaT  
#172 Posted : Monday, December 17, 2012 11:03:38 AM(UTC)
http://profootballtalk.n...to-be-a-packer-for-life/

Back to square one again. Finley had a good game, has obvious talent, and ten cent head. This is going to be a tough call this offseason. I would be in favor of cutting Finley loose only if the money is used to resign Jennings. If we let both walk, the aerial assault has been weakened tremendously. Jennings, Jordy, Cobb, Jones, and Finley is unstoppable when capable blockers protect our QB. Replacing two of those guys in one offseason is a tough job.

One other point, I personally hate celebrations after routine first downs and I don't care if it's the Finley ear thing or Drivers shimmy - Just go back to the huddle. Offensive players should only celebrate when they reach the end zone. Defensive players can celebrate after a sack or pick - just so Clay buries his Ravishing Rick Rude impersonation from yesterday.
Zero2Cool  
#173 Posted : Monday, December 17, 2012 11:08:25 AM(UTC)
DakotaT said: Go to Quoted Post
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/17/jermichael-finley-i-want-to-be-a-packer-for-life/

Back to square one again. Finley had a good game, has obvious talent, and ten cent head. This is going to be a tough call this offseason. I would be in favor of cutting Finley loose only if the money is used to resign Jennings. If we let both walk, the aerial assault has been weakened tremendously. Jennings, Jordy, Cobb, Jones, and Finley is unstoppable when capable blockers protect our QB. Replacing two of those guys in one offseason is a tough job.

One other point, I personally hate celebrations after routine first downs and I don't care if it's the Finley ear thing or Drivers shimmy - Just go back to the huddle. Offensive players should only celebrate when they reach the end zone. Defensive players can celebrate after a sack or pick - just so Clay buries his Ravishing Rick Rude impersonation from yesterday.

Back to square one? What the hell did Jermichael Finely say wrong this time? Oh yeah, he wants to be a Packer for life! What a DOUCHEBAG comment!!!

Anyhow, I think most (if not all) are in favor of allocating that $8 million for players with soon to be expiring contracts. As I have said before (pulling a dfosterf here), I think Andrew Quarless can adequately fill Finley's ROLE in the Packers offense at a drastically less expensive price.
RainX  
#174 Posted : Monday, December 17, 2012 11:18:19 AM(UTC)
Assuming Greg leaves for greener pastures, they don't bring back Driver, and they cut Finley. That's going to leave you with Jordy, Jones, Cobb, Boykin, and Ross rounding out the WR depth chart and Quarless, Crabtree, Williams, and Taylor at TE going into next season.

You will obviously have the draft to fill some holes and we will still have the RB by committee group back for another year. Rodgers, Raji, and Matthews are all going to need a good chunk of cap space for their extensions in the next year or so because I don't see Thompson letting any of them walk. Woodson and Pickett are getting up there, but are still relatively effective not to mention Jeff Saturday at C. This is definitely going to be one of the tougher off-seasons for Thompson on who he wants to keep and let walk.
play2win  
#175 Posted : Monday, December 17, 2012 11:25:50 AM(UTC)
DakotaT said: Go to Quoted Post
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/17/jermichael-finley-i-want-to-be-a-packer-for-life/

Let's just see what happens. I have not been an ardent fan of his for the reasons you state and more. However, since management and staff seem to like him and appear hell bent on him staying with the team, I can only wish him success here in GB, and I have been happy to see him make some clutch catches these past few weeks. I hope he take that over the top to an exceptional finish to this season and another SB win.
DakotaT  
#176 Posted : Monday, December 17, 2012 11:50:36 AM(UTC)
RainX said: Go to Quoted Post
Assuming Greg leaves for greener pastures, they don't bring back Driver, and they cut Finley. That's going to leave you with Jordy, Jones, Cobb, Boykin, and Ross rounding out the WR depth chart and Quarless, Crabtree, Williams, and Taylor at TE going into next season.

You will obviously have the draft to fill some holes and we will still have the RB by committee group back for another year. Rodgers, Raji, and Matthews are all going to need a good chunk of cap space for their extensions in the next year or so because I don't see Thompson letting any of them walk. Woodson and Pickett are getting up there, but are still relatively effective not to mention Jeff Saturday at C. This is definitely going to be one of the tougher off-seasons for Thompson on who he wants to keep and let walk.

Wood and Saturday are not difficult decisions, but Pickett is. What is the value of 32 year old run stuffing DT that comes off the field on third down? I'm going to take a stab here and predict that Wood and Saturday are cut for cap reasons, Finley plays out his contract and the decision on him is made next year, and Greg Jennings is allowed to walk. Matthews and Raji will get paid, and Rodgers will become the highest paid player in football.
Rss Feed