Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.
6 Pages«<3456>

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
wpr  
#81 Posted : Sunday, December 16, 2012 2:08:24 PM(UTC)
some very strange calls by GB today.
I don't mind shaking it up but that toss by Cobb on the punt return was not a good one. Those kinds of plays don't work much more than 10% of the time. How many Cal-Stanford type of returns can you remember?
Zero2Cool  
#82 Posted : Sunday, December 16, 2012 2:10:48 PM(UTC)
That trick play fail ... I am all for trick plays ... just not that close the end zone when you have a double digit lead. Seemed silly and the risk did not outweigh the reward in my mind. They won, so all good.
wpr  
#83 Posted : Sunday, December 16, 2012 2:13:23 PM(UTC)
Greg had a nice game too. Nothing eye popping but he looks like he is getting his grove back again.
play2win  
#84 Posted : Sunday, December 16, 2012 2:18:01 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool said: Go to Quoted Post
That trick play fail ... I am all for trick plays ... just not that close the end zone when you have a double digit lead. Seemed silly and the risk did not outweigh the reward in my mind. They won, so all good.

Yeah, super high risk and a very poor decision at that point in the game, after having missed a FG, deep in your own territory. Made no sense at all, and was a slap in CHI's face.

So, it wasn't pretty, but I am super happy we won!

Finley, Neal, Shields, Jones, Jones, Hayward, Pickett and Matthews had great games.
doddpower  
#85 Posted : Sunday, December 16, 2012 2:22:21 PM(UTC)
It was a bad call, true, but it was an even worse play by Ross. He should have caught the ball. I'm pretty sure it went right through his hands. He didn't see the catch in and was looking to run before he secured the catch. To be fair though, I'm not surprised that a fringe roster guy screws up big time when called upon. That certainly falls on the coaching for putting him in that position.
wpr  
#86 Posted : Sunday, December 16, 2012 2:25:34 PM(UTC)
doddpower said: Go to Quoted Post
It was a bad call, true, but it was an even worse play by Ross. He should have caught the ball. I'm pretty sure it went right through his hands. He didn't see the catch in and was looking to run before he secured the catch. To be fair though, I'm not surprised that a fringe roster guy screws up big time when called upon. That certainly falls on the coaching for putting him in that position.

right through his hands and hit him in the chest.
doddpower  
#87 Posted : Sunday, December 16, 2012 2:27:40 PM(UTC)
wpr said: Go to Quoted Post
right through his hands and hit him in the chest.

Yeah, I'm not saying I agree with the call, but the players have to make plays. Calls like that are part of being an aggressive coach. If Ross makes the catch, he may have gained a few yards and just ends up being something extra teams have to prepare for. Ross has to make the play. Why is he on the team again?

gbguy20  
#88 Posted : Sunday, December 16, 2012 2:31:04 PM(UTC)
Just so you guys know it didn't actually hit him in the chest. It went right through his hands about a foot off the ground.
yooperfan  
#89 Posted : Sunday, December 16, 2012 2:46:14 PM(UTC)
wpr said: Go to Quoted Post
I have lost all confidence in Crosby. I don't want him for the playoffs.

Originally I thought they should keep him and he will get it all together net year. He may. I don't care anymore.

I've been a supporter of Crosby throughout his trials and tribulations, but no more.
The guy is toast, he needs to be gone as soon as the plane lands in Green Bay.
I don't know what their options are at this point but it's time to move on.

steveishere  
#90 Posted : Sunday, December 16, 2012 3:02:39 PM(UTC)
I've pretty much always had Crosby's back but he's got some serious issues going on right now. He needs to be put on IR. The guy can't even kick a single extra point straight down the middle.
Porforis  
#91 Posted : Sunday, December 16, 2012 3:07:56 PM(UTC)
SINCITYCHEEZE said: Go to Quoted Post
I just hope Slocum remembers that lame trick/fake fair catch play the bares tried to run on us.(Can't remember if it was last year or the year before?)I think it was Bush who sniffed it out.

I BLAME YOU
Porforis  
#92 Posted : Sunday, December 16, 2012 3:10:06 PM(UTC)
gbguy20 said: Go to Quoted Post
Just so you guys know it didn't actually hit him in the chest. It went right through his hands about a foot off the ground.

That. Also, Cobb's got a Ponder arm. That ball floated up there a loooong time.
SINCITYCHEEZE  
#93 Posted : Sunday, December 16, 2012 3:11:27 PM(UTC)
Great win,won the division,lets keep it going the last 2 weeks.Need to get some people healthy,get the newly healthy some more game reps,and finish the season strong.Onward to the Playoffs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
4PackGirl  
#94 Posted : Sunday, December 16, 2012 3:21:13 PM(UTC)
holy hell & sweet jesus - what a game!!!

how many times did we try to hand it to the damn bearce & they couldn't do crap with it?!? LOL!!!

cutler is a disgrace to himself, the bears organization, & the NFL. he's such a whiny punk, i cannot STAND looking at him. and i swear if aikman & buck aren't getting bj's by half the bears team on a daily basis, i'd be shocked.

it was ugly but we won. now i don't hafta to hear shit from all the bears fans here in illinois.
4PackGirl  
#95 Posted : Sunday, December 16, 2012 3:24:47 PM(UTC)
oh & another thing - why is crosby still on our team?

and why were we in such a hurry to get grant back? to fumble...again?

dayum - green's been doing pretty dang good for us - no fumbles by any RB's til today. ugh.
Gaycandybacon  
#96 Posted : Sunday, December 16, 2012 3:30:01 PM(UTC)
Crosby needs to be challenged/benched. I wouldn't let him go. I'd be ok letting go of a WR for a kicker. Maybe putting starks on IR.

This game would of been 27-7 if grant didn't fumble and Cobb doesn't follow his play call lol. Honestly I'd disobey that call and just run forward and take a hit. Or go down after you catch it at least..
dfosterf  
#97 Posted : Sunday, December 16, 2012 3:46:04 PM(UTC)
JAMES Jones!

I had him ALL ALONG ! Yes Kev, from the friggin' START, and DEFENDED his young ass.

ALL ALONG! You can geekqualize it!

J A M E S Jones !

Zero2Cool  
#98 Posted : Sunday, December 16, 2012 3:54:14 PM(UTC)
dfosterf said: Go to Quoted Post
JAMES Jones!

I had him ALL ALONG ! Yes Kev, from the friggin' START, and DEFENDED his young ass.

ALL ALONG! You can geekqualize it!

J A M E S Jones !

didn't doubt that you did, just saying, you weren't alone.
dfosterf  
#99 Posted : Sunday, December 16, 2012 3:59:21 PM(UTC)
polargrizz said: Go to Quoted Post
Well here goes.................

The Bears will win......

The great Orlindo Mare will kick the game winner with 3 seconds to play.....

GREEN BAY 21
CHICAGO 24

Back to the back alley.

Totally funnin'.

Your day will most definitely come, but perhaps not in our lifetime(s)...

(That little factoid must be a real fucking bitch, lol)

Razz

wpr  
#100 Posted : Sunday, December 16, 2012 4:08:06 PM(UTC)
doddpower said: Go to Quoted Post
Yeah, I'm not saying I agree with the call, but the players have to make plays. Calls like that are part of being an aggressive coach. If Ross makes the catch, he may have gained a few yards and just ends up being something extra teams have to prepare for. Ross has to make the play. Why is he on the team again?

There were 2-3 unblocked defenders closing in on him. They most likely would not have gotten back to the same position on the field that Cobb was before he tossed the ball.

I don't mind the idea and Cobb was a QB so I understand their scheme. It just wasn't the time or place for it. But then you have to expect the unexpected.
Rss Feed