Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.
2 Pages12>

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
TheKanataThrilla  
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 16, 2012 1:13:28 PM(UTC)
Who do you think is going to win the MVP? I think the contenders (in order)are:

Peyton Manning
Adrian Peterson
Tom Brady
Aaron Rodgers
Von Miller

I am thinking it is going to Manning. I think his stats plus coming off multiple neck surgeries is just too big to ignore. AP is coming back from injury as well and is no doubt the most valuable player to his team in the NFL, but I just can't see giving the award to a player of a team who may not make the playoffs.

Nobody will pick Von Miller because he plays Defence and Manning is on the same team, but man is this guy going to be special for years to come. Hope somebody gives him their vote.
Zero2Cool  
#2 Posted : Sunday, December 16, 2012 1:17:30 PM(UTC)
Adrian Peterson
Formo  
#3 Posted : Sunday, December 16, 2012 2:20:13 PM(UTC)
It's hard to pick between AP and Peyton. You can't ignore that he made the Bronco's an 11-3 team as of this post. Yes, AP is the best pure runner in the NFL and is the best RB this year.. but the MVP generally goes to the QB position because that's such an important position.

I would predict that the MVP goes to Peyton, and the Comeback Player of the Year goes to AP.

But really, it's a toss up.
Zero2Cool  
#4 Posted : Sunday, December 16, 2012 2:24:02 PM(UTC)
Formo said: Go to Quoted Post
It's hard to pick between AP and Peyton. You can't ignore that he made the Bronco's an 11-3 team as of this post. Yes, AP is the best pure runner in the NFL and is the best RB this year.. but the MVP generally goes to the QB position because that's such an important position.

I would predict that the MVP goes to Peyton, and the Comeback Player of the Year goes to AP.

But really, it's a toss up.

Adrian Peterson is the best running back in the NFL.

Peyton should get the comeback player of the year because he you know actually came back! Peterson should get MVP. He only missed 3 games. That shouldn't count as a comeback.

MVP = Peterson
Comeback = Peyton
TheKanataThrilla  
#5 Posted : Sunday, December 16, 2012 2:30:40 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool said: Go to Quoted Post
Adrian Peterson is the best running back in the NFL.

Peyton should get the comeback player of the year because he you know actually came back! Peterson should get MVP. He only missed 3 games. That shouldn't count as a comeback.

MVP = Peterson
Comeback = Peyton

I can see that scenario if Minny manages to make the playoffs. I'd like to know how many MVPs came from teams who didn't make the playoffs? I don't think it happens very often.
dhazer  
#6 Posted : Sunday, December 16, 2012 4:23:04 PM(UTC)
I believe AP deserves the MVP also seeing he has the team with a high school qb in playoff contention. People seem to forget the Broncos made the playoffs last year with Tim Tebow as a qb, granted he has them as a better team but he is not the sole reason they are winning.

But as was stated a RB very seldom gets the MVP, its all about the glamor of the QB. I don't give much thought to the MVP because how many times is it actually the Most Valuable Player to their team actually wins it.

I also disagree with Kevin when he says AP shouldn't be in the talk of comeback player of the year, because the injury he had would sideline a normal player a full year not 5 months.
wpr  
#7 Posted : Sunday, December 16, 2012 4:37:17 PM(UTC)
AP gets the nod. It is a lock if MN backs into the playoffs. But he will most likley get it anyway.
Pack93z  
#8 Posted : Sunday, December 16, 2012 5:27:25 PM(UTC)
I think JJ Watt needs to be in the conversation as well..

But my vote would be AP.. he is more important to his team than Manning to the Bronco's. Most valuable player.

Formo  
#9 Posted : Sunday, December 16, 2012 10:15:47 PM(UTC)
Pack93z said: Go to Quoted Post
I think JJ Watt needs to be in the conversation as well..

Ummm.. No.

Pack93z said: Go to Quoted Post
But my vote would be AP.. he is more important to his team than Manning to the Bronco's. Most valuable player.

See, that is a great point. Valuable is the key word.. but in what context? Valuable to the player's respective team? AP is by far more valuable to the Vikings than Peyton is to the Broncos. Or is it most valuable player to the league for that year? I've viewed the MVP award as the later. Which was why I was ok with Peyton winning it back in the mid-2000s when Culpepper was having a monster year (to be fair, so did Peyton).
blueleopard  
#10 Posted : Monday, December 17, 2012 1:18:24 AM(UTC)
Tom Brady. Though they didn't win the game, just look at what he did against San Francisco. In better conditions, it's easily their game.
DakotaT  
#11 Posted : Monday, December 17, 2012 6:05:11 AM(UTC)
Ummm.. No.

See, that is a great point. Valuable is the key word.. but in what context? Valuable to the player's respective team? AP is by far more valuable to the Vikings than Peyton is to the Broncos. Or is it most valuable player to the league for that year? I've viewed the MVP award as the later. Which was why I was ok with Peyton winning it back in the mid-2000s when Culpepper was having a monster year (to be fair, so did Peyton).

Wow are you clueless with your Richie Blackmore glasses again. The reason Peterson is having a monster year is because that is all they have. That doesn't make him valuable, rather shows how pathetic the rest of the team is. Last year the Donkeys were very similar to the Vikings with a lousy quarterback, but a better defense. Insert Manning and wallah, you have a top team in a conference. That is what an MVP is. Besides the Vikings won 5 of their games back when Peterson was having pedestrian numbers.
PackFanWithTwins  
#12 Posted : Monday, December 17, 2012 7:34:24 AM(UTC)
If I had a vote, I would give the MVP to Peterson, he is the Vikings, without them they are in the running for the 1st pick. Broncos made the playoffs with a first year head coach and a combination of Orton and Tebow. Peyton gets my vote for comeback player.
Formo  
#13 Posted : Monday, December 17, 2012 8:16:57 PM(UTC)
DakotaT said: Go to Quoted Post
Wow are you clueless with your Richie Blackmore glasses again. The reason Peterson is having a monster year is because that is all they have. That doesn't make him valuable, rather shows how pathetic the rest of the team is. Last year the Donkeys were very similar to the Vikings with a lousy quarterback, but a better defense. Insert Manning and wallah, you have a top team in a conference. That is what an MVP is. Besides the Vikings won 5 of their games back when Peterson was having pedestrian numbers.

Sorry, I can't read your post through all the shit that's covering it.
rabidgopher04  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2012 11:13:32 AM(UTC)
Adrian Peterson for all the reasons already stated in this thread.
DakotaT  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2012 1:38:29 PM(UTC)
Sorry, I can't read your post through all the shit that's covering it.

Well change your goggles to a lighter shade of purple, you might get smarter in the process. [ass]
Formo  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2012 2:02:58 PM(UTC)
Well change your goggles to a lighter shade of purple, you might get smarter in the process. [ass]

I don't know what you are saying.. but here. Let me fart in your mouth, comrade.
vikesrule  
#17 Posted : Wednesday, December 19, 2012 9:33:13 AM(UTC)
..The reason Peterson is having a monster year is because that is all they have. That doesn't make him valuable, rather shows how pathetic the rest of the team is. Last year the Donkeys were very similar to the Vikings with a lousy quarterback, but a better defense. Insert Manning and wallah, you have a top team in a conference. That is what an MVP is. Besides the Vikings won 5 of their games back when Peterson was having pedestrian numbers.

Once again, you have truly amazed me..........[wallme]

...the depths of your ignorance seem to know no limits; you are as useless as rubber lips on a woodpecker.

Although you would win hands down, there is no award for being stupid.....you should really stop competing.

DakotaT  
#18 Posted : Wednesday, December 19, 2012 10:17:34 AM(UTC)
vikesrule said: Go to Quoted Post
Once again, you have truly amazed me..........[wallme]

...the depths of your ignorance seem to know no limits; you are as useless as rubber lips on a woodpecker.

Although you would win hands down, there is no award for being stupid.....you should really stop competing.

And yesterday 93 complimented me on how articulate I am, which leads us to which of you has more credibility. AP is awesome, but it doesn't change the fact that the Queenies have squandered his career, but then again - how many times did he fumble in the bounty game? The choking power of the purple uniform even effects Black Jesus. That is some powerful shit.

vikesrule  
#19 Posted : Wednesday, December 19, 2012 11:48:27 AM(UTC)
And yesterday 93 complimented me on how articulate I am..

93z was being facetious.

And it is Purple Jesus, not Black Jesus.
There really are times that you give dumbasses around the world a bad name.

Damn good thing you weren't born as a twin, you both would have died laughing at each other.
DakotaT  
#20 Posted : Wednesday, December 19, 2012 1:45:02 PM(UTC)
vikesrule said: Go to Quoted Post
93z was being facetious.

And it is Purple Jesus, not Black Jesus.
There really are times that you give dumbasses around the world a bad name.

Damn good thing you weren't born as a twin, you both would have died laughing at each other.

You're just lucky I know deep down you love me like a little brother, cause otherwise you wouldn't be able to handle the beatdown you deserve. Merry Christmas dumbass! And the Vikings were still winning more games when Purple Jesus was having pedestrian numbers that they are now when he's lighting it up. MVP my ass.
Rss Feed