You are not logged in. Join Free! | Log In Thank you!    

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

12 Pages«<101112
Share
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline wpr  
#166 Posted : Sunday, December 16, 2012 2:04:56 PM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

United States
Posts: 11,856
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,395
Applause Received: 1,188

solid first game after the story. 5 catches 61 yards. At least 2 were on 3rd down.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller



UserPostedImage

Offline Zero2Cool  
#167 Posted : Sunday, December 16, 2012 2:09:28 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

United States
Posts: 25,220
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,738
Applause Received: 1,784

2 of Finley's 5 catches went for first downs, including one on fourth down. I had said before the game he needed 6 catches for 70 yards at least against this Cover 2. 5 catches for 61 ... cut him.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline play2win  
#168 Posted : Sunday, December 16, 2012 2:22:03 PM(UTC)
play2win

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Posts: 2,240
Joined: 3/29/2012(UTC)
Location: Milwaukee

Applause Given: 841
Applause Received: 547

Good to see Finley making some great catches in important situations and contributing. Awesome.
Offline wpr  
#169 Posted : Sunday, December 16, 2012 2:27:02 PM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

United States
Posts: 11,856
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,395
Applause Received: 1,188

Originally Posted by: play2win Go to Quoted Post
Good to see Finley making some great catches in important situations and contributing. Awesome.


as much of a pain as he is every one in a while. I really want him to succeed.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller



UserPostedImage

Offline DakotaT  
#170 Posted : Sunday, December 16, 2012 3:35:42 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Posts: 6,963
Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 566
Applause Received: 1,189

Ever watch Finley attempt to block a linebacker in space? This is the flaw by which he should be cut or traded, not his big mouth or ghetto celebrations.
UserPostedImage
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#171 Posted : Sunday, December 16, 2012 3:44:31 PM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

United States
Posts: 829
Joined: 9/17/2012(UTC)
Location: Hanover Park, IL

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 173

Finely and Cobb is the key guys to beating this damn cover 2 shit. Jones can take care of the rest in the redzone :3
Offline DakotaT  
#172 Posted : Monday, December 17, 2012 11:03:38 AM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Posts: 6,963
Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 566
Applause Received: 1,189

http://profootballtalk.n...to-be-a-packer-for-life/


Back to square one again. Finley had a good game, has obvious talent, and ten cent head. This is going to be a tough call this offseason. I would be in favor of cutting Finley loose only if the money is used to resign Jennings. If we let both walk, the aerial assault has been weakened tremendously. Jennings, Jordy, Cobb, Jones, and Finley is unstoppable when capable blockers protect our QB. Replacing two of those guys in one offseason is a tough job.

One other point, I personally hate celebrations after routine first downs and I don't care if it's the Finley ear thing or Drivers shimmy - Just go back to the huddle. Offensive players should only celebrate when they reach the end zone. Defensive players can celebrate after a sack or pick - just so Clay buries his Ravishing Rick Rude impersonation from yesterday.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 2 applause.
play2win on 12/17/2012(UTC), wpr on 12/17/2012(UTC)
Offline Zero2Cool  
#173 Posted : Monday, December 17, 2012 11:08:25 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

United States
Posts: 25,220
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,738
Applause Received: 1,784

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/17/jermichael-finley-i-want-to-be-a-packer-for-life/


Back to square one again. Finley had a good game, has obvious talent, and ten cent head. This is going to be a tough call this offseason. I would be in favor of cutting Finley loose only if the money is used to resign Jennings. If we let both walk, the aerial assault has been weakened tremendously. Jennings, Jordy, Cobb, Jones, and Finley is unstoppable when capable blockers protect our QB. Replacing two of those guys in one offseason is a tough job.

One other point, I personally hate celebrations after routine first downs and I don't care if it's the Finley ear thing or Drivers shimmy - Just go back to the huddle. Offensive players should only celebrate when they reach the end zone. Defensive players can celebrate after a sack or pick - just so Clay buries his Ravishing Rick Rude impersonation from yesterday.


Back to square one? What the hell did Jermichael Finely say wrong this time? Oh yeah, he wants to be a Packer for life! What a DOUCHEBAG comment!!!


Anyhow, I think most (if not all) are in favor of allocating that $8 million for players with soon to be expiring contracts. As I have said before (pulling a dfosterf here), I think Andrew Quarless can adequately fill Finley's ROLE in the Packers offense at a drastically less expensive price.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline RainX  
#174 Posted : Monday, December 17, 2012 11:18:19 AM(UTC)
RainX

Rank: 5th Round Draft Pick

Posts: 429
Joined: 12/15/2008(UTC)

Applause Received: 3

Assuming Greg leaves for greener pastures, they don't bring back Driver, and they cut Finley. That's going to leave you with Jordy, Jones, Cobb, Boykin, and Ross rounding out the WR depth chart and Quarless, Crabtree, Williams, and Taylor at TE going into next season.

You will obviously have the draft to fill some holes and we will still have the RB by committee group back for another year. Rodgers, Raji, and Matthews are all going to need a good chunk of cap space for their extensions in the next year or so because I don't see Thompson letting any of them walk. Woodson and Pickett are getting up there, but are still relatively effective not to mention Jeff Saturday at C. This is definitely going to be one of the tougher off-seasons for Thompson on who he wants to keep and let walk.
blank
Offline play2win  
#175 Posted : Monday, December 17, 2012 11:25:50 AM(UTC)
play2win

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Posts: 2,240
Joined: 3/29/2012(UTC)
Location: Milwaukee

Applause Given: 841
Applause Received: 547

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/17/jermichael-finley-i-want-to-be-a-packer-for-life/


Back to square one again. Finley had a good game, has obvious talent, and ten cent head. This is going to be a tough call this offseason. I would be in favor of cutting Finley loose only if the money is used to resign Jennings. If we let both walk, the aerial assault has been weakened tremendously. Jennings, Jordy, Cobb, Jones, and Finley is unstoppable when capable blockers protect our QB. Replacing two of those guys in one offseason is a tough job.

One other point, I personally hate celebrations after routine first downs and I don't care if it's the Finley ear thing or Drivers shimmy - Just go back to the huddle. Offensive players should only celebrate when they reach the end zone. Defensive players can celebrate after a sack or pick - just so Clay buries his Ravishing Rick Rude impersonation from yesterday.


Let's just see what happens. I have not been an ardent fan of his for the reasons you state and more. However, since management and staff seem to like him and appear hell bent on him staying with the team, I can only wish him success here in GB, and I have been happy to see him make some clutch catches these past few weeks. I hope he take that over the top to an exceptional finish to this season and another SB win.
Offline DakotaT  
#176 Posted : Monday, December 17, 2012 11:50:36 AM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Posts: 6,963
Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 566
Applause Received: 1,189

Originally Posted by: RainX Go to Quoted Post
Assuming Greg leaves for greener pastures, they don't bring back Driver, and they cut Finley. That's going to leave you with Jordy, Jones, Cobb, Boykin, and Ross rounding out the WR depth chart and Quarless, Crabtree, Williams, and Taylor at TE going into next season.

You will obviously have the draft to fill some holes and we will still have the RB by committee group back for another year. Rodgers, Raji, and Matthews are all going to need a good chunk of cap space for their extensions in the next year or so because I don't see Thompson letting any of them walk. Woodson and Pickett are getting up there, but are still relatively effective not to mention Jeff Saturday at C. This is definitely going to be one of the tougher off-seasons for Thompson on who he wants to keep and let walk.


Wood and Saturday are not difficult decisions, but Pickett is. What is the value of 32 year old run stuffing DT that comes off the field on third down? I'm going to take a stab here and predict that Wood and Saturday are cut for cap reasons, Finley plays out his contract and the decision on him is made next year, and Greg Jennings is allowed to walk. Matthews and Raji will get paid, and Rodgers will become the highest paid player in football.
UserPostedImage
Users browsing this topic
Guest (3)
12 Pages«<101112
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF 2.1.0 | YAF © 2003-2014, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 0.350 seconds.