Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline wpr  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 17, 2012 8:16:37 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 3,015
Applause Received: 1,457

it is still very early but here is one Bleacher Reporters mock draft.

link

Quote:
In the 2013 NFL draft, the Packers will be looking to fill some offensive weaknesses and build up some additional depth defensively that will keep this already talent-rich team team competitive for years to come. Keep clicking for a peak at some prospects that might be of interest in the upcoming draft.

Begin Slideshow

Quote:
Round 1: Barrett Jones, C/G/T, Alabama
Round 2: Margus Hunt, DE, SMU
Round 3: Oday Aboushi, OT, Virginia
Round 4: Bruce Taylor, ILB, Virginia Tech
Round 5: Marquess Wilson, WR, Washington State
Round 6: Caleb Sturgis, K, Florida
Round 7: Trey Wilson, CB, Vanderbilt

Depending on what they do with Jennings they may be better off going for a WR earlier than the 5th round. Gotta keep feeding the TD machine.
They don't have to spend a #1 pick on a center. Travis Frederick or Khaled Holmes could be there in the 2nd or 3rd round.
I don't think they need to go for a T in the 3rd.
Don't waste a 6th on a Kicker.
Other than that he did a pretty good job on his picks. Uncle Teddy will not do any of these. Razz

UserPostedImage

Offline Gaycandybacon  
#2 Posted : Monday, December 17, 2012 11:37:17 PM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

United States

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 178

I wouldn't mind drafting a Tackle and a Guard in the first 2 rounds. and, even though I think Perry will bring a lot more pass rush next season. We could use another pass rusher to back him up. and, we may even need to replace Pickett next year so get a good pass rushing 3-4 Defensive end. Erik Walden is not a great rusher sad to say.. I only like him in pass coverage and maybe making 'the' sure tackle. I wouldn't mind letting him go next year.
Offline play2win  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2012 6:57:04 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Originally Posted by: Gaycandybacon Go to Quoted Post
I wouldn't mind drafting a Tackle and a Guard in the first 2 rounds. and, even though I think Perry will bring a lot more pass rush next season. We could use another pass rusher to back him up. and, we may even need to replace Pickett next year so get a good pass rushing 3-4 Defensive end. Erik Walden is not a great rusher sad to say.. I only like him in pass coverage and maybe making 'the' sure tackle. I wouldn't mind letting him go next year.

Interior DL seems the greatest priority to me, along with DE and C. I have to agree the Perry pick has not resulted in much, and a LB could be in this mix too. Perry should return to be a big contributor though, and I have some faith that he will.

I would add T and G mid rounds. Hoping like crazy we keep Greg Jennings. If we do, maybe add another TE.

I hope we are slotted to pick LAST in every round!
Offline Pack93z  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2012 10:36:19 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 395
Applause Received: 1,073

I would like to see the following in the 2013 draft.

Another layer of depth on the Oline.. interior, exterior.. but a franchise type center would be sweet.

RB - I would like to add another back to the stable.. Starks just isn't the answer IMO. Green and Harris may be.. but why not add another back.. Montee Ball anyone. :)

Another Wide Body or two on the Dline.. a Pickett type to take is spot primarily in 2014 or 15.

Draft another QB late to develop.

And a smash mouth Fullback for those short yardage needs.. a battering ram with ability to catch the ball out of the backfield. Kuhn fills the second part.. not so much the first one.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Rss Feed