Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
3 Pages<123
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#31 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2012 7:36:30 AM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Applause Given: 11
Applause Received: 352

It still a wonder on how he is going to be worked back in. How would you rank our Secondary overall.

When Woodson returns, our best 4 are Williams, Shields, Burnett and Woodson. Where it becomes tricky is who is better for the team, Hayward, House, Jennings and McMillian. If Jennings is better than Hayward, there isn't much of a question. On sub packages move Woodson to the slot and bring in Jennings for Safety. But if Hayward is our next best, do we want to have him on the pine except in dime situations, because that is what Woodson playing slot will do.
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
Offline DakotaT  
#32 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2012 8:28:57 AM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 629
Applause Received: 1,308

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins Go to Quoted Post
It still a wonder on how he is going to be worked back in. How would you rank our Secondary overall.

When Woodson returns, our best 4 are Williams, Shields, Burnett and Woodson. Where it becomes tricky is who is better for the team, Hayward, House, Jennings and McMillian. If Jennings is better than Hayward, there isn't much of a question. On sub packages move Woodson to the slot and bring in Jennings for Safety. But if Hayward is our next best, do we want to have him on the pine except in dime situations, because that is what Woodson playing slot will do.

Actually, I think playing Wood at linebacker makes a lot of sense. It really depends on what team you are playing, and what kind of offensive package is on the field. What I don't want to ever see again is Woodsen running with the receivers, that is his ultimate weakness right now. Fortunately, it's Dom's job to use the pieces of his defense.
UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#33 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2012 8:38:53 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 381
Applause Received: 1,027

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins Go to Quoted Post

I would slide McMillian back to the deep spot and put Woody up in that spot near the LOS. I think our weakest link currently in the secondary is MD Jennings. And that is not even close. Also, I still am leery of Burnett back there.. seems to inconsistent for my tastes.

But I would run the base package, with the light in the box numbers Dom seems to run often, Shields, Burnett, McMillian, Williams, Woody. Dime would bring in Hayward.

My opinion, I think House morphs into that physical entity that Woodson has been in his career and becomes that close to the LOS corner/Nickel/Safety/Backer roaming entity.

Edited by user Tuesday, December 18, 2012 9:07:19 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline DarkaneRules  
#34 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2012 9:42:48 AM(UTC)
DarkaneRules

Applause Given: 182
Applause Received: 311

I like him as a linebacker actually :)
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
Offline play2win  
#35 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2012 11:08:10 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Yeah, Woodson has that ability to play the hybrid LB/3rd Safety, and that is where I suspect he will be used. Hayward stays on the field. Loser on field may be any of Moses, Zombo, Walden.
Offline DarkaneRules  
#36 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2012 11:27:33 AM(UTC)
DarkaneRules

Applause Given: 182
Applause Received: 311

Originally Posted by: play2win Go to Quoted Post
Yeah, Woodson has that ability to play the hybrid LB/3rd Safety, and that is where I suspect he will be used. Hayward stays on the field. Loser on field may be any of Moses, Zombo, Walden.

And that is okay, because they each have some pretty glaring weaknesses in game. Particularly protecting the edge in run defense.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#37 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2012 7:05:54 PM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Applause Given: 11
Applause Received: 352

Originally Posted by: play2win Go to Quoted Post

I think we should drop lbers instead of dlineman to go into coverage.

Rush Neal,Raji,Worthy,Matthews
Using Woodson and Burnett in MLB positions. Unless there is a RB, where Hawk or Jones can come in.
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
Rss Feed