Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Pack93z  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2012 10:48:09 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 398
Applause Received: 1,077

Just a snippet of the conversation.. but I personally like how he has handled the transition to not much more than a role player at the moment. Maybe his day in the sun this season is still coming?

Anyway.. a good read. Complete article after the jump.

Quote:

Driver: ‘I’m just trying to keep myself out there’

FSW: What has this season been like for you?

DRIVER: For me, I think it's been frustrating. In the respect of things, it's a business and you have to be able to understand the business side of it, and I do. Even though I know I can still play, I'm OK with the situation that's been presented to me.

FSW: You didn't think it would be this way before the season started though, did you?

DRIVER: No, I don't think you ever do. You come off having great years and you don't think this is how it's going to be. But it does and sometimes it hits you from the blind side, and that's what happened.

FSW: After the playoff game last year, the loss to the Giants, you weren't really sure about where you were going to be. You had mentioned playing until age 40 a couple times, but where are you now as far as that?

DRIVER: I'm still there. It hasn't changed for me. I will have to sit back and see. I'll be a free agent after this season is over, and I have to make the choice with my family, see what they want to do. If they want me to go and play, I'll play. If they say, "Hang it up," I'll hang it up. It's going to be a decision that me and the wife and the kids are going to have to make together.

FSW: If the opportunity is with another team, is that OK? What are the pros and cons to playing a little bit longer but that not happening in Green Bay?

DRIVER: That all depends. It all depends on what happens. No one has a crystal ball. I don't know if I'll sign back here. I don't know if they're going to offer me a contract. I'm just not sure. Now I'm just going to have as much fun as I'm having this year and hope we can get back to the Super Bowl and I contribute as much as possible to make sure that we get there.

FSW: What value is there to you if you do retire as a lifelong Packer?

DRIVER: Oh, my God. That's great. I've always, it's crazy because so many people have compared me to Bart Starr. They talked about how he played here and he never went to another team and he's been blessed to be the face of this franchise for many, many years. Now they're looking for that next person to be the face of this franchise. Maybe that is me. If I don't play for another team, then most likely I will follow and take over what Bart Starr had done for this organization for many, many years.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline Porforis  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2012 10:59:44 AM(UTC)
Porforis

United States

Applause Given: 169
Applause Received: 333

I love DD, but I can't see him as more than a #3, MAYBE a #2 on a very WR-depleted team at this point. I get wanting to play what you love playing, but especially if we win the SB this year, please - just hang it up while you have your health. I'm sure the Packers will have a job for him off the field for years to come if he does.
UserPostedImage
Offline QCHuskerFan  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2012 11:24:29 AM(UTC)
QCHuskerFan

Applause Given: 86
Applause Received: 149

He would be #2 for the Bears today. Not because he has anything in the tank but because they are WR deficient.
Offline Porforis  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2012 11:27:29 AM(UTC)
Porforis

United States

Applause Given: 169
Applause Received: 333

Originally Posted by: QCHuskerFan Go to Quoted Post
He would be #2 for the Bears today. Not because he has anything in the tank but because they are WR deficient.

The only reason why I said "MAYBE #2" is because of the Bears.
UserPostedImage
Offline doddpower  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2012 2:26:12 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011

United States

Applause Given: 2,051
Applause Received: 514

Originally Posted by: Porforis Go to Quoted Post
The only reason why I said "MAYBE #2" is because of the Bears.

And Vikings, Dolphins, and maybe a solid 3 for the Rams, lol.
Offline wpr  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2012 3:10:24 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 3,049
Applause Received: 1,481

If he sits on the bench he could certainly play until he is 40. No 45.

Last year I hated the idea of DD playing elsewhere. I respect the man too much. If he wants to go out there and play for someone else I would be fine with that. Good luck just drop the ball when you play GB.
UserPostedImage

Will you follow me, one last time?
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2012 4:49:51 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Applause Given: 335
Applause Received: 445

Shame DD broke his thumb.

I'm hoping he can get back on the field this week,and give The home crowd a couple more thrills.

Would hate to see him go elsewhere.

It's gonna be an interesting off season, but I am not ready to think about that yet. I'll let Ted do the foward planning and I am going to focus on the present.

DD definately Packer Hall of Fame material.
Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’. "Stats are for Losers"
Offline wpr  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2012 4:54:21 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan Go to Quoted Post
Shame DD broke his thumb.

I'm hoping he can get back on the field this week,and give The home crowd a couple more thrills.

Would hate to see him go elsewhere.

It's gonna be an interesting off season, but I am not ready to think about that yet. I'll let Ted do the foward planning and I am going to focus on the present.

DD definately Packer Hall of Fame material.

"first ballot" he is a lock.

I hope he is on the field in the playoff game so he can get some appreciation form the fans. just in case he does not return.
UserPostedImage

Online DakotaT  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2012 4:57:56 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 661
Applause Received: 1,361

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
"first ballot" he is a lock.

I hope he is on the field in the playoff game so he can get some appreciation form the fans. just in case he does not return.

Funny, I made a bet with one of my Steelers buddies that Hines Ward would not be a first ballot hall of famer to the NFL hall of fame. Hell Crybaby Chris is still not in the hall of fame, wonder what would make Hines worthy?

Does the Packer hall of fame have a waiting list?
UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2012 5:13:13 PM(UTC)
wpr

United States

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
Funny, I made a bet with one of my Steelers buddies that Hines Ward would not be a first ballot hall of famer to the NFL hall of fame. Hell Crybaby Chris is still not in the hall of fame, wonder what would make Hines worthy?

Does the Packer hall of fame have a waiting list?

I do not know. I always assumed a small group in the front office sat around and decided who they want to put in this year.
UserPostedImage

Rss Feed