Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Zero2Cool  
#1 Posted : Saturday, December 22, 2012 4:40:14 PM(UTC)
Wow, this is some shady stuff here.

Lomas Brown said:
We were playing Green Bay in Milwaukee. We were getting beat, 24-3, at that time and he just stunk up the place. He’s throwing interceptions, just everything. So I looked at Kevin Glover, our All-Pro center and I said, ‘Glove, that is it.’ I said, ‘I’m getting him out the game.’ . . . So I got the gator arms on the guy at the last minute, he got around me, he hit Scott Mitchell, he did something to his finger . . . and he came out the game. [Lions backup quarterback] Dave Krieg came in the game.

As you can tell, I’m just not a big fan of Scott Mitchell. He’s just not on my Christmas list. He won’t be getting any Christmas presents from me this year
dfosterf  
#2 Posted : Saturday, December 22, 2012 6:22:39 PM(UTC)
That is disgusting.

Porforis  
#3 Posted : Saturday, December 22, 2012 7:34:24 PM(UTC)
Quote:
And for Brown, who is suing the NFL because he says the NFL didn’t do enough to protect players from concussions, to celebrate the fact that he once stood by and allowed an opponent to take an injury-causing free shot at a teammate, is pitiful.

That.
rabidgopher04  
#4 Posted : Saturday, December 22, 2012 9:37:23 PM(UTC)
Not all that different from Bountygate. A shame a teammate would purposely let another get hurt.
yooperfan  
#5 Posted : Monday, December 24, 2012 6:01:53 AM(UTC)
We are, afterall talking Detroit Lions here.
They have never been to a Super Bowl and haven't won a championship since 1957.
This is a frustrated leaderless team from top to bottom.
We have seen time and again this frustration boil over into acts of stupidity by some of the Lions players on and off the field.
Pack93z  
#6 Posted : Monday, December 24, 2012 8:49:56 AM(UTC)
From a team perspective, yeah it is a polar opposite reaction one should take.

But if you have ever experienced the cocky arrogance of some of these f$^%ing QB's and their pumped up ego's and over inflated sense of importance of their place upon a team. To the point they are strangling the passion out of a football team, it might be best to let them take their f$^%ing lumps to shut their ass up. And this is from well before they get showered with the glory of being an NFL QB. This type of nonsense happens all the way down to prep ball.

Maybe, just maybe, Scott Mitchell was such a prick. And maybe, just maybe, letting him get rocked was the best for the team at that time.

Yes, QB's can be that way.. so full of themselves they think they are the team.
Porforis  
#7 Posted : Monday, December 24, 2012 9:26:00 AM(UTC)
Pack93z said: Go to Quoted Post
From a team perspective, yeah it is a polar opposite reaction one should take.

But if you have ever experienced the cocky arrogance of some of these f$^%ing QB's and their pumped up ego's and over inflated sense of importance of their place upon a team. To the point they are strangling the passion out of a football team, it might be best to let them take their f$^%ing lumps to shut their ass up. And this is from well before they get showered with the glory of being an NFL QB. This type of nonsense happens all the way down to prep ball.

Maybe, just maybe, Scott Mitchell was such a prick. And maybe, just maybe, letting him get rocked was the best for the team at that time.

Yes, QB's can be that way.. so full of themselves they think they are the team.

In my mind, that falls on the coach to yank him - not on his teammates to get him crippled.
PackerTraxx  
#8 Posted : Friday, December 28, 2012 9:12:26 AM(UTC)
That is a demonstration of the lack of character not only as a football player but as a person.
Rss Feed
Users browsing this topic
Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Fan Shout
DarkaneRules (1h) : looking forward to the long week to recover after thursday. coming out with a win would be a bonus
beast (1h) : MM said those that aren't practicing today (I believe Bulaga/House) probably aren't gonna play against the Bears.
beast (1h) : Panky too... who is listed as a G/T, but I think he was 3rd string LT in the preseason
uffda udfa (2h) : Bakh is back at practice and is in line to play. Bulaga and John the only other T's. McCray?
Mucky Tundra (2h) : So uh, do we actually have any OTs left? Like, real ones and not practice squad fodder?
Zero2Cool (4h) : Vince Lombardi, on protesters, from 1970: ‘They have a right to say what they want, and it behooves us to listen.’
uffda udfa (4h) : Kyle Murphy to IR for Ulrick John
Zero2Cool (8h) : Bass Pro's $4 billion acquisition of Cabela's is complete, but it leaves a small western Nebraska town in suspense:
Zero2Cool (8h) : "Aaron Rodgers is keeping Mike McCarthy employed the same way AJ Green keeps Andy Dalton employed.” - @LeBatardShow
Zero2Cool (10h) : King, Kendricks and Bennett.
gbguy20 (10h) : which packers sat during the anthem?
Porforis (21h) : Noooo, not Goode!
Zero2Cool (25-Sep) : The #Packers place Brett Goode on IR and re-sign LS Taybor Pepper
Zero2Cool (25-Sep) : Packers signing Ulrick John to active roster off Cardinals practice squad today, according to a source
Porforis (25-Sep) : Agreed. HOW ABOUT THEM PACKERS?!
greengold (25-Sep) : i.e. keep politics out of football!
greengold (25-Sep) : Let the players who want to honor the flag along with the vast majority of fans do so. Don't celebrate those who don't.
greengold (25-Sep) : Rule, practice, suggestion? Whatever supposedly changed in 2009. Go back to the way it was. Let the players who want to honor the flag an
Zero2Cool (25-Sep) : Roethlisberger regrets Steelers' decision to skip anthem
Zero2Cool (25-Sep) : Chmura: "#Packers by 10-14. The Bears already played their good game. I have absolutely no fear for Thursday's game."
Zero2Cool (25-Sep) : The NFL Rulebook does not mention the anthem.
Zero2Cool (25-Sep) : There is no rule.
greengold (25-Sep) : The NFL needs to enforce the rule or get rid of the rule.
greengold (25-Sep) : Players stood for the National Anthem long before 2009. There just was no *rule* requiring them to stand.
steveishere (25-Sep) : How many fans are in the restroom taking a dump or in line for nachos during anthem. Same people probably mad at players
Porforis (25-Sep) : Yup.
Zero2Cool (25-Sep) : You know why
Porforis (25-Sep) : NFL players weren't even on the field for the anthem until 2009 - Why all of a sudden is not participating such a big deal?
Zero2Cool (25-Sep) : Former Seahawks/Packers HC Mike Holmgren on President Trump: “He’s uninformed”.
steveishere (25-Sep) : Funny how you were apparently fine with seeing guys who abuse women or do/sell drugs out there but god forbid they kneel lol
steveishere (25-Sep) : you had 1 foot out the door since Favre left anyways... bye
dhazer (25-Sep) : well so much for watching Packer games, I saw the 3 sitting on the bench and i turned the channel to the race, No more NFL games for me
beast (25-Sep) : Who are the longshots? Jags? Saints? Redskins? and who?
SINCITYCHEEZE (25-Sep) : Buckeye closing in on 4 Longshots in Pickem today....Son you need to hook me up we could make a killing on some parlays next weekend. Lol
beast (25-Sep) : Bears ran it 60% of the time...
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2017 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
SEAHAWKS
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 7:30 PM
at Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 3:25 PM
BENGALS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Oct 8 @ 3:25 PM
at Cowboys