You are not logged in. Join Free! | Log In Thank you!    

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

19 Pages«<1213141516>»
Share
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Wade  
#196 Posted : Saturday, December 22, 2012 8:16:21 PM(UTC)
Wade

Rank: All Pro

Posts: 5,649
Joined: 8/1/2009(UTC)
Location: nowhere of importance

Applause Given: 560
Applause Received: 587

Originally Posted by: dfosterf Go to Quoted Post
What difference does that make?

We live in a country where the citizens don't bother to even breathe hard when the politicians start outlawing sodas beyond 16 ounces for our own good.



Well, all I can do, in the end, is try to persuade the ones that I come in contact with that they should breathe hard. To try to show them the silliness (much of it, IMO, quantitatively idiotic silliness) at the heart of such politicians and their ideas.

I can't make a sheep have courage or a lemming stop from running off the cliff. Only the individual sheep can give himself courage. Only the individual lemming can turn aside.

The best Marine NCO in the world can only try to show the grunt why its important to charge that damn hill. But, in the end, only that grunt can decide what he's going to do when confronted with that hill. Will he charge up it? Or won't he?

Now that NCO is better at what he does than just about anyone else. And so his charges are, almost all the time going to charge that hill. But that's because that NCO is a real person in their world and they are real people in his (regardless of the names he might call him during said training.

But can that best of all NCOs inspire a bunch of strangers 500 or 5000 miles away to charge up their own hills? Can he go out on the Internet, or get the ear of the President, or pass a law that says, "take all hills owned by scumbags and kill the scumbags?"

I think not.

The greatest of the great -- business, military, education, whatever -- these all have been great because of what they've done in a sandbox. In a community.

That's why politicians qua politicians and economists qua economists are such bad role models. Politicans and economists speak in terms of abstractions, not in terms of communities. The politican or the economist, unlike the marine NCO or the fireman or the individual neighbor or father, can't be great by what he does for some abstraction called "society" or "nation" or "economy". He can only be great insofar as he is a good leader for his team, or good father or neighbor.

It's not about solving society's problems. It's about being a good father, son, neighbor, spouse, and friend. Screw up those things, and I don't care how many social problems you worked on or how much you did for a cause or how much international power and recognition and wealth you accumulate. To the extent you haven't been striving toward good personal relationships first and foremost, then that is the extent to which you have been a failure. And to the extent that you HAVE been so striving in your personal relationship (and regardless of whether you have actually managed to succeed all the time or not), *then* you have been successful.

IMO.
None of the above. It wouldn't have been a wasted vote. Obama and Romney -- Those were the wasted votes.
Offline dfosterf  
#197 Posted : Saturday, December 22, 2012 8:18:31 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

Rank: All Pro

United States
Posts: 5,753
Joined: 8/19/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 159
Applause Received: 337

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer Go to Quoted Post
Do it for free.

Humans are social animals. Without social activity, they go nuts.


I had a humor-thing going, there.


The libs can whine and parade, the Euro-soccer suckers can condescend, the Dems can milk the issue, but let's not get confused...

Not one single gun will get confiscated by the government from an otherwise law-abiding citizen.

Not safely for our society, anyway.

Gun owners are not New Yorkers or Nancy Pelosi Feinstein/ Boxer voters. I would like to witness the attempt to take the guns from self-perceived-law-abiding citizens, that would certainly be fun to watch.
UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.



Offline dfosterf  
#198 Posted : Saturday, December 22, 2012 8:31:29 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

Rank: All Pro

United States
Posts: 5,753
Joined: 8/19/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 159
Applause Received: 337

Originally Posted by: Wade Go to Quoted Post
Well, all I can do, in the end, is try to persuade the ones that I come in contact with that they should breathe hard. To try to show them the silliness (much of it, IMO, quantitatively idiotic silliness) at the heart of such politicians and their ideas.

I can't make a sheep have courage or a lemming stop from running off the cliff. Only the individual sheep can give himself courage. Only the individual lemming can turn aside.

The best Marine NCO in the world can only try to show the grunt why its important to charge that damn hill. But, in the end, only that grunt can decide what he's going to do when confronted with that hill. Will he charge up it? Or won't he?

Now that NCO is better at what he does than just about anyone else. And so his charges are, almost all the time going to charge that hill. But that's because that NCO is a real person in their world and they are real people in his (regardless of the names he might call him during said training.

But can that best of all NCOs inspire a bunch of strangers 500 or 5000 miles away to charge up their own hills? Can he go out on the Internet, or get the ear of the President, or pass a law that says, "take all hills owned by scumbags and kill the scumbags?"

I think not.

The greatest of the great -- business, military, education, whatever -- these all have been great because of what they've done in a sandbox. In a community.

That's why politicians qua politicians and economists qua economists are such bad role models. Politicans and economists speak in terms of abstractions, not in terms of communities. The politican or the economist, unlike the marine NCO or the fireman or the individual neighbor or father, can't be great by what he does for some abstraction called "society" or "nation" or "economy". He can only be great insofar as he is a good leader for his team, or good father or neighbor.

It's not about solving society's problems. It's about being a good father, son, neighbor, spouse, and friend. Screw up those things, and I don't care how many social problems you worked on or how much you did for a cause or how much international power and recognition and wealth you accumulate. To the extent you haven't been striving toward good personal relationships first and foremost, then that is the extent to which you have been a failure. And to the extent that you HAVE been so striving in your personal relationship (and regardless of whether you have actually managed to succeed all the time or not), *then* you have been successful.

IMO.


Should I put you down as favoring the 5 cartridge magazine max or against? Personally, I'm totally ready to give up the high-capacity magazines if only it would shut Dakota T's liberal-assed-big-yap for just five fucking minutes. Alternatively, should we discuss Plato's 36?

Sorry, Wade, lol - I can't help myself- good stuff...

Edited by user Saturday, December 22, 2012 8:50:20 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.



Offline DakotaT  
#199 Posted : Saturday, December 22, 2012 9:00:39 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Posts: 6,970
Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 568
Applause Received: 1,190

Originally Posted by: dfosterf Go to Quoted Post
Should I put you down as favoring the 5 cartridge magazine max or against? Personally, I'm totally ready to give up the high-capacity magazines if only it would shut Dakota T's liberal-assed-big-yap for just five fucking minutes. Alternatively, should we discuss Plato's 36?

Sorry, Wade, lol - I can't help myself- good stuff...


How can a beaurocrat like you living on the dole since the last man you killed in duty even begin to have the nerve to call anyone a liberal? It's okay for you to suck off the tax teet, but not others? I sure do enjoy making the fright wingers in here defend their positions though.
UserPostedImage
Offline dfosterf  
#200 Posted : Saturday, December 22, 2012 9:08:50 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

Rank: All Pro

United States
Posts: 5,753
Joined: 8/19/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 159
Applause Received: 337

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
How can a beaurocrat like you living on the dole since the last man you killed in duty even begin to have the nerve to call anyone a liberal? It's okay for you to suck off the tax teet, but not others? I sure do enjoy making the fright wingers in here defend their positions though.


I got you down as a vote favoring the 5 round magazine limit, comrade. lol





UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.



Offline DakotaT  
#201 Posted : Saturday, December 22, 2012 9:21:17 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Posts: 6,970
Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 568
Applause Received: 1,190

Originally Posted by: dfosterf Go to Quoted Post
I got you down as a vote favoring the 5 round magazine limit, comrade. lol



Then you don't know shit from shinola. My parents nicknamed me Norton when I was a kid because I tortured my brother. I seem to be doing a pretty bang up job on the brainwashed fright wingers in here over the years too.

I agree with you that it will be entertaining for the authorities to come and confiscate any kind of weapon from the rednecks I live among.
UserPostedImage
Offline Porforis  
#202 Posted : Saturday, December 22, 2012 9:22:29 PM(UTC)
Porforis

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Posts: 2,733
Joined: 8/22/2009(UTC)
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Applause Given: 167
Applause Received: 328

Unfortunately, I fear that compared to your enlightened ass, 95% of America would qualify as rednecks. I'm dammned glad I don't have a gun!
UserPostedImage
Offline dfosterf  
#203 Posted : Saturday, December 22, 2012 9:29:55 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

Rank: All Pro

United States
Posts: 5,753
Joined: 8/19/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 159
Applause Received: 337

UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.



Offline dfosterf  
#204 Posted : Saturday, December 22, 2012 9:38:58 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

Rank: All Pro

United States
Posts: 5,753
Joined: 8/19/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 159
Applause Received: 337

Originally Posted by: Porforis Go to Quoted Post
Unfortunately, I fear that compared to your enlightened ass, 95% of America would qualify as rednecks. I'm dammned glad I don't have a gun!




That might be the ONE friggin' thing he got right, lol

Can we go to a five round clip to appease the friggin' libs, or no?

Edited by user Saturday, December 22, 2012 9:52:25 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.



Offline Formo  
#205 Posted : Saturday, December 22, 2012 10:23:21 PM(UTC)
Formo

Rank: All Pro

Posts: 5,555
Joined: 8/12/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
Continuing to put words in my mouth is only making you a jackass, buckwheat.

You want me to answer the questions he poses and I'm saying the questions arise from the multitude of inaccurate reports, because those reporting care not about accuracy but about being first on the 'breaking news'. Essentially, right back to my point of the author using the piss poor journalism in this country and leveraging brilliant wording to brainwash people thinking the many errant reports were FACTUAL reports, instead of being inaccurate shoot from the hip reports to get their article published first.

I really don't know how to make this more simple for you.

Shooting happens in school.
Reporters throw out anything they 'hear', claiming its from witnesses before verifying the information.
New reports come out after more information obtained.
Official report after confirmation of events while cross checking facts, etc...
Fella on the internet uses the multitude of flippant reports as facts that were retracted by Government and brainwashes weak minded folks who don't understand how to businesses try to monetize the internet.
Most people hate the Government, or at least dislike it strongly and don't trust it (no fault there) and that makes the aforementioned article more believable.


Does that make more sense? I ask because I care. I truly do not want people falling for this guy's manipulation. It really saddens me that people buy into that stuff. And I do not mean that in any negative connotation at all.


Not a single word was put in your mouth.

I know where the questions arise from. My point is: Not a single news source back tracked and claimed previous reports were false, misled, misunderstanding, etc. They just simply reported new information. Sure, the likely story is probably the one most recently 'reported', but why are all the past reports plain ignored instead of addressed?

It saddens you? Really? He compiles all the information that was given and once reported as FACT (which is funny, because facts NEVER change) and draws the conclusion that we REALLY don't know what happened there. Your definition of manipulation is shaky at best.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Offline Wade  
#206 Posted : Sunday, December 23, 2012 6:07:18 AM(UTC)
Wade

Rank: All Pro

Posts: 5,649
Joined: 8/1/2009(UTC)
Location: nowhere of importance

Applause Given: 560
Applause Received: 587

Originally Posted by: dfosterf Go to Quoted Post
Should I put you down as favoring the 5 cartridge magazine max or against? Personally, I'm totally ready to give up the high-capacity magazines if only it would shut Dakota T's liberal-assed-big-yap for just five fucking minutes. Alternatively, should we discuss Plato's 36?

Sorry, Wade, lol - I can't help myself- good stuff...


Well, with my bad vision, *I* shouldn't be allowed anything more than a zero cartridge magazine. :)

But I favor no restrictions on gun ownership (other than the obvious ones re: felons, certified psychopaths, etc.

So, put me down as "anti."

:)

By the way, Sage Steele, like any babe, looks far better in stiletto heels than in knee high boots.

Whoever invented knee high boots for attractive women should be required to be locked in a room with a bunch of people armed with mega-magazined automatic weapons.

And I'd definitely vote for a ban on attractive women wearing knee high boots for anything other than being outside in northern winters. *That* would be a law worth passing.

:)



None of the above. It wouldn't have been a wasted vote. Obama and Romney -- Those were the wasted votes.
Offline zombieslayer  
#207 Posted : Sunday, December 23, 2012 9:44:03 AM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Posts: 9,919
Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: San Francisco

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Originally Posted by: Wade Go to Quoted Post
Well, with my bad vision, *I* shouldn't be allowed anything more than a zero cartridge magazine. :)

But I favor no restrictions on gun ownership (other than the obvious ones re: felons, certified psychopaths, etc.

So, put me down as "anti."

:)

By the way, Sage Steele, like any babe, looks far better in stiletto heels than in knee high boots.

Whoever invented knee high boots for attractive women should be required to be locked in a room with a bunch of people armed with mega-magazined automatic weapons.

And I'd definitely vote for a ban on attractive women wearing knee high boots for anything other than being outside in northern winters. *That* would be a law worth passing.

:)





Uh oh. I think I found something related to beauty that I disagree with Wade about.

Knee high boots are sexy as hell. I think I know your aversion to them. See, out here, women walk around half nekkid for 10 months a year. 2 months, it rains so they have to be dressed. So the knee high boots draw attention to their legs that would otherwise be uncovered (wearing shorts).

Don't get me wrong. I LOVE stilettos. I bought the Mrs a pretty nice pair actually immediately after reading your Scotch rant.

But I like both, for completely different purposes.

Originally Posted by: " Go to Quoted Post
I had a humor-thing going, there.


The libs can whine and parade, the Euro-soccer suckers can condescend, the Dems can milk the issue, but let's not get confused...

Not one single gun will get confiscated by the government from an otherwise law-abiding citizen.

Not safely for our society, anyway.

Gun owners are not New Yorkers or Nancy Pelosi Feinstein/ Boxer voters. I would like to witness the attempt to take the guns from self-perceived-law-abiding citizens, that would certainly be fun to watch.


I prefer the phrase "freedom-loving" to "law-abiding." I'm not a law-abiding citizen. I'm a good guy. I don't kill or rape because it's the law. I avoid killing or raping because it's wrong. Big difference.

There are plenty of laws out there that are just plain wrong and I have no qualms breaking them. In fact, if I was ruling this country, the first thing I'd do is get rid of 90% of the laws on the books. Then I'd invite lots of hot babes to the White House and....

OK, lost my train of thought.

In summary, humans are good. And we're born free. With more freedom, humans will accomplish greater things. It saddens me how many creative people I know have their creativity stifled in their lifetimes.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline Zero2Cool  
#208 Posted : Sunday, December 23, 2012 10:32:36 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

United States
Posts: 25,223
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,740
Applause Received: 1,790

Originally Posted by: Formo Go to Quoted Post
Not a single word was put in your mouth.

I know where the questions arise from. My point is: Not a single news source back tracked and claimed previous reports were false, misled, misunderstanding, etc. They just simply reported new information. Sure, the likely story is probably the one most recently 'reported', but why are all the past reports plain ignored instead of addressed?

It saddens you? Really? He compiles all the information that was given and once reported as FACT (which is funny, because facts NEVER change) and draws the conclusion that we REALLY don't know what happened there. Your definition of manipulation is shaky at best.


It's clear your being intentionally obtuse for the sake of being incredibly annoying. Mission accomplished. It was stupid of me thinking I could raise your intelligence about such brainwash tactics as you've fallen for. The irony is you're saying essentially what I am, but missing the point that the alledged FACTS being reported were WRONG. You don't grasp that error in your thinking and mistakenly think since it was reported as fact, thus it was. And we're full circle back to my hatred of the media these days and right back to my initial inquiry of checking out the most users on PH date.

Dec 1st, over 1,200 visitors within 15 minutes. Why?
Chiefs player commits suicide on Dec 1st.
PH was one of the first websites to have the players name, thus, we were in the top 5 Google results for 'chiefs player suicide'.


Wish you'd set aside our fan differences and think of me as a man who is intelligent. You wouldn't be like this towards me. I just tried to help widen your perspective, not change it.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline Wade  
#209 Posted : Sunday, December 23, 2012 12:13:43 PM(UTC)
Wade

Rank: All Pro

Posts: 5,649
Joined: 8/1/2009(UTC)
Location: nowhere of importance

Applause Given: 560
Applause Received: 587

Zombieslayer: you would have loved Sage's footwear this morning -- boots WITH stiletto heels. :)

Had this glittery club blouse number on, too. But I digress from my main question...

Er, Zero, whatcha picking fights with Formo now for? Feel sorry for him for being a Viking fan, that I understand. Or are you just bored?

He after all has been making a bit more sense than most of the people in this thread*, after all.

:)

Heck, even Foster seems desirous of appeasing liberals on this one. Though that's sort of like feeling sorry for VIking fans, come to think of it.


None of the above. It wouldn't have been a wasted vote. Obama and Romney -- Those were the wasted votes.
Offline zombieslayer  
#210 Posted : Sunday, December 23, 2012 2:12:36 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Posts: 9,919
Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: San Francisco

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Originally Posted by: Wade Go to Quoted Post
Zombieslayer: you would have loved Sage's footwear this morning -- boots WITH stiletto heels. :)

Had this glittery club blouse number on, too. But I digress from my main question...

Er, Zero, whatcha picking fights with Formo now for? Feel sorry for him for being a Viking fan, that I understand. Or are you just bored?

He after all has been making a bit more sense than most of the people in this thread*, after all.

:)

Heck, even Foster seems desirous of appeasing liberals on this one. Though that's sort of like feeling sorry for VIking fans, come to think of it.




I liked a lot of the stuff Formo said in this thread.

Who is Sage though?
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Users browsing this topic
Guest (3)
19 Pages«<1213141516>»
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF 2.1.0 | YAF © 2003-2014, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 0.344 seconds.