Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.
2 Pages12>

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
nerdmann  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 26, 2012 9:33:24 PM(UTC)
PFT

Quote:
“There’s nothing going on, just holding out,” Woodson said. “Everything’s looking good but I just think the longer you can hold it off, then I guess the better it is. So we’re just waiting.”

TRUE OF FALSE: If Hayward goes down, suddenly Woody will be ready to go.
gbguy20  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 26, 2012 9:51:57 PM(UTC)
misleading title is misleading.

He never says hes unhappy. Sure, hes anxious to get back on the field, but the doctors know with collarbone fractures that you don't want to rush back from them. The longer you hold out the better. We don't need him right now, so there is no reason to bring him back. Obviously if there is an injury in the secondary we won't be able to afford keeping on the sidelines anymore, so yes, he would be "ready to go." He'll be back for the playoffs. This is a huge non issue, there is no story here.
nerdmann  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, December 26, 2012 10:20:35 PM(UTC)
gbguy20 said: Go to Quoted Post

He never says hes unhappy. Sure, hes anxious to get back on the field, but the doctors know with collarbone fractures that you don't want to rush back from them. The longer you hold out the better. We don't need him right now, so there is no reason to bring him back. Obviously if there is an injury in the secondary we won't be able to afford keeping on the sidelines anymore, so yes, he would be "ready to go." He'll be back for the playoffs. This is a huge non issue, there is no story here.

I believe Woody is itching to get back on the field. He knows how good Hayward is.
gbguy20  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, December 26, 2012 10:47:09 PM(UTC)
Of course he wants to be back out there, anyone would.
wpr  
#5 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2012 6:02:12 AM(UTC)
all is well.
I am sure he wants to play a few more years and being out on the field for 3-4 reg season games plus playoffs would have been a bargaining chip for him. While he loves the game he knows that losing playing time will cost him big bucks down the road.
Porforis  
#6 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2012 7:00:21 AM(UTC)
gbguy20 said: Go to Quoted Post

He never says hes unhappy.

On the other hand, when I picture him saying that he has his head down and he's poking at some dirt on the floor with his shoe, talking in a very subdued tone.
play2win  
#7 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2012 7:25:35 AM(UTC)
nerdmann said: Go to Quoted Post
PFT

TRUE OF FALSE: If Hayward goes down, suddenly Woody will be ready to go.

True.

The writing may be on the wall with Woodson, but he can still contribute. Astronomical cap figure to go along with an incredible ability to snuff out plays and shut them down at the point of attack. Chuck has no fear in hitting, is nursing the collar bone back to health. His wheels not what they were, but he does make up for that most times with experience. While it should be an interesting offseason, there is still something very big to play for.

Transitioning a premiere talent to retirement is never easy. He wants to go out big, with another Super Bowl Win. I'm glad he's on our side.

Ted & Mike have done great jobs in bringing new talent in to fill the void. So much so, that there no longer is a real void. Adding Charles back into the mix should only help for the playoffs.
DarkaneRules  
#8 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2012 8:55:10 AM(UTC)
I am happy to see how the backend has held up. There are still plays where the communication is not there, but they have improved since last year and that is big. Still the story to me is the impact Clay and Neal have on the defense as a whole.
play2win  
#9 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2012 9:40:30 AM(UTC)
DarkaneRules said: Go to Quoted Post
I am happy to see how the backend has held up. There are still plays where the communication is not there, but they have improved since last year and that is big. Still the story to me is the impact Clay and Neal have on the defense as a whole.

Dude! That pass rush is everything! Without it, the best DBs in the NFL are worthless. Here here! Bring the house!
Yerko  
#10 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2012 10:19:38 AM(UTC)
South Park

Woody is fine. Any player in his situation would be itching to get back into the game. Luckily, he has pretty decent back up from these rookies so he can heal better. I wouldn't want to take the chance with a healing collarbone, especially in his role on defense where he is basically an extra linebacker.
gbguy20  
#11 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2012 11:14:55 AM(UTC)
Yerko said: Go to Quoted Post
South Park

Woody is fine. Any player in his situation would be itching to get back into the game. Luckily, he has pretty decent back up from these rookies so he can heal better. I wouldn't want to take the chance with a healing collarbone, especially in his role on defense where he is basically an extra linebacker.

well done, sir.
Wade  
#12 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2012 12:09:20 PM(UTC)
1. Is anyone other than me worrying about the fact that this is the SECOND time he broke his collarbone?

2. I admit that I was wrong about drafting Hayward. But if the price of bringing Woodson in is having Hayward sit more, I'd rather have Hayward sit. Woodson on the downslope is still better than Hayward right now.

IMO.
gbguy20  
#13 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2012 12:11:47 PM(UTC)
Wade said: Go to Quoted Post
1. Is anyone other than me worrying about the fact that this is the SECOND time he broke his collarbone?

2. I admit that I was wrong about drafting Hayward. But if the price of bringing Woodson in is having Hayward sit more, I'd rather have Hayward sit. Woodson on the downslope is still better than Hayward right now.

IMO.

I'd be more worried if it was the same bone as last time.
Wade  
#14 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2012 12:13:56 PM(UTC)
I thought the collarbone was one bone?

wpr  
#15 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2012 12:16:42 PM(UTC)

IMO.

I thought about it when he was injured. Back then I decided that I would be worried about it if he was 25 or so. With only a year or two (If any) left in his playing days I am not worried. Since then I have also concluded it is not as much of an issue because of the pay of the young dbs.
gbguy20  
#16 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2012 12:18:14 PM(UTC)
I thought the collarbone was one bone?

He broke the other side
User is suspended until 5/28/2018 11:54:40 AM(UTC) DakotaT  
#17 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2012 2:02:40 PM(UTC)

IMO.

I'm at a loss here Wade. Please shed some more light on your theory. Hayward has played so well, that I am completely comfortable cutting Wood after the season and giving his money to Jennings. There is just no decision at all to make. I'm starting to think they won't even let Wood back on the field this year.
PackerTraxx  
#18 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2012 3:09:11 PM(UTC)
The only way I see Woody back is if he does a "Leroy Butler" and is willing to take a huge pay cut. He has to realize he's had his time, now it's other players times. Like Leroy said, you have to think accurately and be honest with yourself. I think Woody could still be an asset to the team but no where near what his pay level will be.
buckeyepackfan  
#19 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2012 4:24:21 PM(UTC)
I hope Woodson is unhappy not being able to get back on the field, if he wasn't then I would be worried that he was just letting the season play out and he is just collecting a paycheck.

Woody could be doing just that, but from what I have read, he is helping anyway he can.

Running the scout team against The Packers offense, he doesn't have to do that.

Aaron Rodgers said himself last week on McCarthy show, Charles Woodson is the one Def player he fears the most and is glad he is on his side.

In this day of the "24 hour news cycle", and "we as fans deserve to know everything that is going on", I am betting there is really very little we actually know about Woody's status as a Packer after this year.

Interviews must be done, reporters must have answers..NOW. What is being said and what is reality are probaly 2 very different stories.

Who here doesn't think Ted, Mike, Woody and his agent haven't already sat down and have some kind of plan?

I would be very dissapointed in Ted if he hasn't.

I hate the business side of football, but you can't ignore it. Woody's contract is going to have to be redone, hopefully both sides can come together and reach an agreement that keep him around another couple of years.

Anyone who thinks Charles Woodson will not be an asset come playoff time, couldn't be any more wrong.

Hayward,Mcmillan,and the rest of the have been doing a great job, but every team needs those playoff experience players to succeed.
nerdmann  
#20 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2012 4:38:32 PM(UTC)
Woody brings veteran savvy, which could be invaluable during the playoffs.

He has his place.

I think he takes a pay cut next year and returns. This team, especially since the Fiasco with the ex QB, goes out of its way to show respect for veterans, especially great ones.
Rss Feed