Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
3 Pages<123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline gbguy20  
#16 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2012 12:18:14 PM(UTC)
gbguy20

Applause Given: 206
Applause Received: 285

Originally Posted by: Wade Go to Quoted Post
I thought the collarbone was one bone?

He broke the other side
call me Dan
Offline DakotaT  
#17 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2012 2:02:40 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 661
Applause Received: 1,360

Originally Posted by: Wade Go to Quoted Post

2. I admit that I was wrong about drafting Hayward. But if the price of bringing Woodson in is having Hayward sit more, I'd rather have Hayward sit. Woodson on the downslope is still better than Hayward right now.

IMO.

I'm at a loss here Wade. Please shed some more light on your theory. Hayward has played so well, that I am completely comfortable cutting Wood after the season and giving his money to Jennings. There is just no decision at all to make. I'm starting to think they won't even let Wood back on the field this year.
UserPostedImage
Offline PackerTraxx  
#18 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2012 3:09:11 PM(UTC)
PackerTraxx

Applause Given: 18
Applause Received: 127

The only way I see Woody back is if he does a "Leroy Butler" and is willing to take a huge pay cut. He has to realize he's had his time, now it's other players times. Like Leroy said, you have to think accurately and be honest with yourself. I think Woody could still be an asset to the team but no where near what his pay level will be.
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
thanks Post received 1 applause.
nerdmann on 12/27/2012(UTC)
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#19 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2012 4:24:21 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Applause Given: 331
Applause Received: 443

I hope Woodson is unhappy not being able to get back on the field, if he wasn't then I would be worried that he was just letting the season play out and he is just collecting a paycheck.

Woody could be doing just that, but from what I have read, he is helping anyway he can.

Running the scout team against The Packers offense, he doesn't have to do that.

Aaron Rodgers said himself last week on McCarthy show, Charles Woodson is the one Def player he fears the most and is glad he is on his side.

In this day of the "24 hour news cycle", and "we as fans deserve to know everything that is going on", I am betting there is really very little we actually know about Woody's status as a Packer after this year.

Interviews must be done, reporters must have answers..NOW. What is being said and what is reality are probaly 2 very different stories.

Who here doesn't think Ted, Mike, Woody and his agent haven't already sat down and have some kind of plan?

I would be very dissapointed in Ted if he hasn't.

I hate the business side of football, but you can't ignore it. Woody's contract is going to have to be redone, hopefully both sides can come together and reach an agreement that keep him around another couple of years.

Anyone who thinks Charles Woodson will not be an asset come playoff time, couldn't be any more wrong.

Hayward,Mcmillan,and the rest of the have been doing a great job, but every team needs those playoff experience players to succeed.
Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’. "Stats are for Losers"
Offline nerdmann  
#20 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2012 4:38:32 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,629
Applause Received: 652

Woody brings veteran savvy, which could be invaluable during the playoffs.

He has his place.

I think he takes a pay cut next year and returns. This team, especially since the Fiasco with the ex QB, goes out of its way to show respect for veterans, especially great ones.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline Wade  
#21 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2012 4:40:31 PM(UTC)
Wade

Applause Given: 678
Applause Received: 697

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
I'm at a loss here Wade. Please shed some more light on your theory. Hayward has played so well, that I am completely comfortable cutting Wood after the season and giving his money to Jennings. There is just no decision at all to make. I'm starting to think they won't even let Wood back on the field this year.

Well, first, I'm not talking about next year. That to me is a separate question. Certainly Hayward has shown far more than I would have ever dreamed, and if they let Woodson go, they'll likely have someone really good taking over.

But I think in the stretch run, I think I'd still want the vet. Partly because he's the vet with all the savvy that a near-hall-of-fame career gives. And partly because I think he's got a set of skills that Hayward doesn't (yet) match. Clearly Hayward has the nose for the INT and is perhaps even superior as a cover CB in some ways. But Woodson has that ability to play up on the line, to blitz from anywhere, to provide run support, that ability to play safety/linebacker as well as some corner. And don't forget the quiet leadership role he plays.

Hayward may have those skills some day. Heck, for all I know he may have them now. But Woodson has shown them. And, unlike his skills as a corner, which one could argue fairly persuasively IMO have declined, I don't think the same thing can be said about those other skills.

That's why, if/when he is healthy, I'd insert him back in for this year's playoff run.

Offseason -- Pack is going to have a possibly unpleasant choice to make. But that is tomorrow's question and problem.

This is now.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#22 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2012 5:05:13 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
Woody brings veteran savvy, which could be invaluable during the playoffs.

He has his place.

I think he takes a pay cut next year and returns. This team, especially since the Fiasco with the ex QB, goes out of its way to show respect for veterans, especially great ones.

Unneccesary, but wouldn't expect anything else.

Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall

Beating Deadhorse Beating Deadhorse Beating Deadhorse Beating Deadhorse Beating Deadhorse
Offline doddpower  
#23 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2012 7:05:43 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011

United States

Applause Given: 2,040
Applause Received: 514

Comparing Woodson vs. Hayward isn't entirely fair, imo. Hayward is a smaller player and will likely never be nearly as physical as Woodson. I don't think it has to be a situation where one replaces the other. I think Woodson would have a great role throughout the playoffs as a strong safety, Troy Polamalu 'rover' type role. He should take McMillan and especially MD Jennings off the field. That would be ideal, as I think both those players still have a ways to go, especially Jennings. Hayward can stay in the slot, and Dom can be very creative with his coverage's. The only issue with Woodson in a strong safety role like he played some early in the season is the physicality that is required and his clavicle. I would think it needs to be very close to 100% for him to truly be effective, and that is likely what is taking him so long to get back on the field. Hopefully he will be ready for the divisional round!

I think Hayward should be on the field during all sub-packages, at minimum.
Offline nerdmann  
#24 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2012 7:19:29 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Originally Posted by: doddpower Go to Quoted Post
Comparing Woodson vs. Hayward isn't entirely fair, imo. Hayward is a smaller player and will likely never be nearly as physical as Woodson. I don't think it has to be a situation where one replaces the other. I think Woodson would have a great role throughout the playoffs as a strong safety, Troy Polamalu 'rover' type role. He should take McMillan and especially MD Jennings off the field. That would be ideal, as I think both those players still have a ways to go, especially Jennings. Hayward can stay in the slot, and Dom can be very creative with his coverage's. The only issue with Woodson in a strong safety role like he played some early in the season is the physicality that is required and his clavicle. I would think it needs to be very close to 100% for him to truly be effective, and that is likely what is taking him so long to get back on the field. Hopefully he will be ready for the divisional round!

I think Hayward should be on the field during all sub-packages, at minimum.

I'm sure they have extra pads they can throw on to protect those clavicles.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline Pack93z  
#25 Posted : Friday, December 28, 2012 2:18:19 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 397
Applause Received: 1,075

I don't think Woody is unhappy.. Woody is a football player that wants to play.. impatient is probably a better descriptor.

AJ Hawk.. now this is unhappy.. and somehow I missed this.

UserPostedImage
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline gbguy20  
#26 Posted : Friday, December 28, 2012 3:16:11 PM(UTC)
gbguy20

Applause Given: 206
Applause Received: 285

Haha that gif is fantastic
call me Dan
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#27 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 7:40:11 AM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

Originally Posted by: Pack93z Go to Quoted Post
I don't think Woody is unhappy.. Woody is a football player that wants to play.. impatient is probably a better descriptor.

AJ Hawk.. now this is unhappy.. and somehow I missed this.

UserPostedImage

Loved that from A.J., but wasn't that after he had sacked the qb?

Some show happiness in their own way!!!! Middle Finger

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL
Offline Pack93z  
#28 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 7:53:45 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 397
Applause Received: 1,075

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan Go to Quoted Post
Loved that from A.J., but wasn't that after he had sacked the qb?

Some show happiness in their own way!!!! Middle Finger

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Yes, I believe it was after a sack, and the inside joke was that he never got home on the blitz... is way of making sure they noticed. I started reading about it after posting the gif...

Message modified by user Sunday, December 30, 2012 8:34:54 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline Rockmolder  
#29 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 8:04:57 AM(UTC)
Rockmolder

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2010

Netherlands

Applause Given: 156
Applause Received: 258

I thought I missed something when I read the thread title.

Then I saw Nerdmann posted it.

Originally Posted by: Pack93z Go to Quoted Post
Actually, I believe it was after a sack, and the inside joke was that he never got home on the blitz... is way of making sure they noticed. I started reading about it after posting the gif...

This was from last year, wasn't it? Think it was posted here. Wasn't he fined for that, as well? He apologized, I remember that much.

Anyway, I'd like Woodson. He's the veteran type of guy that can help a young team make it through an play-off run.

Hayward's been amazing, but he's not a defensive field general. If I'm Capers, I try to implement both him and Woodson. Why not take Woodson off his slot duties, have Hayward play that role, let Woodson play safety, maybe a bit more of a robber type or closer to the LoS than we normally would, and just take M.D. Jennings off the field.

I don't see why Woodson and Hayward being on the field should be mutually exclusive.

UserPostedImage
Offline nerdmann  
#30 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 10:12:07 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Get Woody the career pick six record so he can retire happy.
Rss Feed