Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
4 Pages<1234>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline gbguy20  
#31 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2012 12:15:51 PM(UTC)
gbguy20

Applause Given: 203
Applause Received: 280

Organized sports are so fascist it makes me sick
call me Dan
Offline Wade  
#32 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2012 12:33:22 PM(UTC)
Wade

Applause Given: 630
Applause Received: 648

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
And at what regularity is this happening? Give me some cold hard facts and I'm sure it is way less than 1% of our population being detained. You're talking about an administrative law that happened because of an invasion of our country. When the Japanese Americans were detained without doing anything wrong during WWII, they just sucked it up, didn't whine about it at all.

An "administrative law" whose "judicial review" showed once and for all that SCOTUS would be completely ineffective in reigning in the executive.

That Japanese-Americans sucked it up, and IIRC won more medals for valor per person than any other section of the USA population fighting FOR the USA, does not justify the actions the state took.

Not even close.

What the forced relocation and internment of Japanese Americans proved, perhaps more than anything in our nation's history save perhaps the Patriot Act and Lincoln's willingness to suspend habeas corpus, is just how fragile our freedoms truly are. Just how little "protection" minorities have when the state is legitimated by the will of the majority.

1% of the current American population is about 3.1 million people. What's the population of North Dakota again?

Perhaps what we ought to do is intern all the people of North Dakota in Minnesota and sell all that oil shale/etc up there to the highest bidder to reduce the national debt. After all, it's only about 1/5 of one percent (way less than 1%)of the current population.

Funny thing about numbers. Sometimes a fraction of a percent is actually a lot.

None of the above. It wouldn't have been a wasted vote. Obama and Romney -- Those were the wasted votes.
Offline DakotaT  
#33 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2012 1:21:46 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 622
Applause Received: 1,299

Originally Posted by: Wade Go to Quoted Post
An "administrative law" whose "judicial review" showed once and for all that SCOTUS would be completely ineffective in reigning in the executive.

That Japanese-Americans sucked it up, and IIRC won more medals for valor per person than any other section of the USA population fighting FOR the USA, does not justify the actions the state took.

Not even close.

What the forced relocation and internment of Japanese Americans proved, perhaps more than anything in our nation's history save perhaps the Patriot Act and Lincoln's willingness to suspend habeas corpus, is just how fragile our freedoms truly are. Just how little "protection" minorities have when the state is legitimated by the will of the majority.

1% of the current American population is about 3.1 million people. What's the population of North Dakota again?

Perhaps what we ought to do is intern all the people of North Dakota in Minnesota and sell all that oil shale/etc up there to the highest bidder to reduce the national debt. After all, it's only about 1/5 of one percent (way less than 1%)of the current population.

Funny thing about numbers. Sometimes a fraction of a percent is actually a lot.

Wade, we don't pay off the debt, we add to it. Or do you need a VR refresher course on the worthlessness of North Dakotans? I hope the Farm Bill doesn't pass and that farmers are actually paid market demand prices for their crops instead of the subsidies - then we'd have much more acurate account of each states' GDP. Something tells me that my nectar would become much more valuable.

Oh yeah, back on topic, Americans have more freedoms than they can handle. Just look at the amount of boneheads toting around guns that shouldn't have them.
UserPostedImage
Offline Formo  
#34 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2012 8:25:59 PM(UTC)
Formo

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
Wade, we don't pay off the debt, we add to it. Or do you need a VR refresher course on the worthlessness of North Dakotans? I hope the Farm Bill doesn't pass and that farmers are actually paid market demand prices for their crops instead of the subsidies - then we'd have much more acurate account of each states' GDP. Something tells me that my nectar would become much more valuable.

Oh yeah, back on topic, Americans have more freedoms than they can handle. Just look at the amount of boneheads toting around guns that shouldn't have them.

And there's the fascist we all know and hate. >_<
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Offline Rockmolder  
#35 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 8:34:32 AM(UTC)
Rockmolder

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2010

Netherlands

Applause Given: 147
Applause Received: 237

You're all a bunch of hypocritical nutsacks.

How is it that that the right wingers, the republican disciples are yelling for more freedom, yet they're also yelling the loudest for soldiers in schools after a tragedy like the one that unfolded a few weeks ago.

That's most likely the first idea in "Building a police state 101".

Aren't these the freedum fighters of 'Murica, with a shotgun in one hand, a can of beer in the other, while riding their pick-up trucks into the sunset while singing about liberty?

Everyone's just pissing in eachother's cheerio's in politics. That's not a republican thing.

I was going somewhere with that, but I lost my train of thought. Anyway, on topic...

This is the latest in the great war for political correctness according to suburban soccermoms. I wouldn't call banning candy cigarettes the start of a police state, but I guess one could see depriving the people of chocolate that comes in a certain wrapper as the first signs of an authoritarian goverment.

It's bullshit. Of course it is. But stuff like this doesn't fall from the sky, does it? Someone complained. Then someone else complained. Apparently this is what keeps wealthy people busy on a daily basis. It has as much to do with a totalitarian regime as it has with people who have too much time on their hands to complain about trivial bullshit.

They should just start watching football.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 2 applause.
vikesrule on 12/30/2012(UTC), DakotaT on 12/30/2012(UTC)
Offline vikesrule  
#36 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 9:28:35 AM(UTC)
vikesrule

Applause Given: 60
Applause Received: 193

Originally Posted by: Rockmolder Go to Quoted Post
You're all a bunch of hypocritical nutsacks.

Say what you will about the Dutch, I like Rockmolder.ThumpUp
Offline DakotaT  
#37 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 9:33:19 AM(UTC)
DakotaT

Hey Rock, I hope Formo comes after you full blast after that bitch slapping you just laid on he and the many in here that believe like he does. It's always entertaining.
UserPostedImage
Offline DakotaT  
#38 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 9:35:17 AM(UTC)
DakotaT

Originally Posted by: vikesrule Go to Quoted Post
Say what you will about the Dutch, I like Rockmolder.ThumpUp

I always think of Joey from Friends when the Netherlands is brought. Well that and Cheech and Chong.
UserPostedImage
Offline Wade  
#39 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 10:04:33 AM(UTC)
Wade

Sigh.

When are you idiots going to realize that someone doesn't have to be either Republican OR conservative OR right-wing to recognize that liberal ideas and social democratic politics are (a) full of shit, (b) wrong-headed, (c) stupid, or (d) all three.

That Republicans are hypocrites and whack-jobs and nut sacks? So what? Does that make the Democrats any less hypocritical, whacked, or nut-sack-like? I think not.

You're all like a bunch of nudists running around whining about how the emperor has no clothes.

Pfft.

None of the above. It wouldn't have been a wasted vote. Obama and Romney -- Those were the wasted votes.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Formo on 12/30/2012(UTC)
Offline Wade  
#40 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 10:06:12 AM(UTC)
Wade

Sigh.

When are you idiots going to realize that someone doesn't have to be either Republican OR conservative OR right-wing to recognize that liberal ideas and social democratic politics are (a) full of shit, (b) wrong-headed, (c) stupid, or (d) all three.

p.s. I forgot (e) bankrupt and (f) encouraging of mediocrity.

Offline DakotaT  
#41 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 10:18:14 AM(UTC)
DakotaT

Sigh.

That Republicans are hypocrites and whack-jobs and nut sacks? So what? Does that make the Democrats any less hypocritical, whacked, or nut-sack-like? I think not.

You're all like a bunch of nudists running around whining about how the emperor has no clothes.

Pfft.

Who ever said the democrats are right? It's just that the current right wing is sooooooo wrong with everything - what other choice do people have? The young people in this country aren't as indoctrined with baby boomer materialism - and that is a good thing. The look at your generation as the greedy pigs you are. I've openly challenged you assholes to fix it, but I know all you have in you is to kick the can down the road.
UserPostedImage
Offline vikesrule  
#42 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 10:25:01 AM(UTC)
vikesrule

Applause Given: 60
Applause Received: 193

Sigh.

Pfft.

To quote a phrase, "Pffftt"

This from a guy that just posted a thread where he said that he thought that Barry Goldwater was the last politician that gave a speech that was worth listening to.

Sorry Wade, but in the video that you posted I seem to have missed the part where Goldwater stated that he wanted to use nuclear weapons in Vietnam...ya that made sense...Shame on you
Offline Porforis  
#43 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 10:40:21 AM(UTC)
Porforis

United States

Applause Given: 168
Applause Received: 333

Originally Posted by: Porforis Go to Quoted Post

>Using the word "taxes" (implying all taxation) as a substitute for "Federal income taxes" (a very specific form of taxation).

Granted, property-tax heavy taxation isn't going to work nowadays. In any case, I'm asking this out of geniune curiosity and not to be combative: Do you have a source for your claims regarding income taxes? Sure, I've heard batshit fiscal ideas from some libertarians (which is part of why I hesitate to call myself one, I prefer "Libertarian but not crazy") but I've not heard any super-duper-reactionary fiscal ideas spouted from anybody of importance.

I wouldn't be opposed to something along those lines, capital gains taxes also need to be bracketized based on income. However I don't see what that has to do with my previous post unless you're equating opposition to a VAT tax to wanting the polar opposite in which case the same can be said about many Democrats.

Side note - If I don't respond for a few days, I'm not avoiding the topic. We're leaving for the inlaws tomorrow morning, I'll be back Sunday just in time for the game and I should be back then. :)

Still waiting, DakotaT. Where are all these tea party kooks in the mainstream of the tea party looking to abolish all taxes and let people die in the streets?
UserPostedImage
Offline Wade  
#44 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 10:41:50 AM(UTC)
Wade

So, because it's stupid to follow behind the elephant dumping its shit on the ground, the only alternative is filling the road with donkey crap.

There's 300-odd million people in America. Why the hell do they have to follow either of the parties?

Are we adults or children following the Pied Piper?

I understand being pissed off at the Boomers. But if you want to reject Boomers, you're a lot less likely to do it in either of the political parties (where, if you look closely, the Boomers are more firmly entrenched than anywhere else, and a lot more likely to do it in the small and medium-sized businesses of the private sector.

The private sector isn't big business. 99% of all the businesses in America, like yours, are ones with 20 employees or less. That's the engine of growth and prosperity in America. It's not the Fortune 100. And its not the incestuous brothers and sisters (yes, most of them Boomers, too) of that Fortune 100 that make up the decisions of the Republican and Democratic parties.

Want another alternative to the future for America, the only one that offers real hope? It isn't in Washington DC. Washington DC could disappear into the Potomac tomorrow and it wouldn't do anything to reduce that hope. Because that hope lies with you and your beekeeping business, Troy, and the millions of small enterprises and associations that make up life in America.

Let the bastards specify in their marble halls. Give them a few billions so they can hobnob with their cousins in Geneva and Paris and Oslo. Let them hire some stenographers and printers so they can write and publish their laws and regulations and empty speeches. Sendany them a few hundred whores to lift their wallets and give them the clap.

And ignore everything they come up with, ideas, laws, new social diseases, all of it.

Make your honey. Go to your neighbors weddings, graduations, and funerals. And realize that with you and your neighbors ignoring them and refusing to support them, ANY of them, there's not a thing they can do to you. They're just a bunch of drunken bums with dirty underwear and without useful skills.

Offline Porforis  
#45 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 10:43:18 AM(UTC)
Porforis

United States

Applause Given: 168
Applause Received: 333

So, because it's stupid to follow behind the elephant dumping its shit on the ground, the only alternative is filling the road with donkey crap.

Because it's easier to sit on your ass and whine about something than to take an unpopular stance to do what you can to fight it.
UserPostedImage
Rss Feed