Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
3 Pages123>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline nerdmann  
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 5:51:37 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,508
Applause Received: 629

Cost us a bye.

Hope he doesn't cost us the season.

f*cking a$hole.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
thanks Post received 2 applause.
gbguy20 on 12/30/2012(UTC), Porforis on 1/2/2013(UTC)
Sponsor
Offline SINCITYCHEEZE  
#2 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 5:57:41 PM(UTC)
SINCITYCHEEZE

United States

Applause Given: 160
Applause Received: 110

Cost us 4 points with that stupid penalty.Pretty much the difference in the game. Of course Hayward rookie mistake on 3rd and 11 didn't help much either.

Edited by user Sunday, December 30, 2012 6:16:32 PM(UTC)  | Reason: it was 3rd and 11 not 2nd and 27

Wisconsin Born, Packer Bred
UserPostedImage
Offline nerdmann  
#3 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 6:00:25 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Originally Posted by: SINCITYCHEEZE Go to Quoted Post
Cost us 4 points with that stupid penalty.Pretty much the difference in the game. Of course Hayward rookie mistake on 2nd and 27(?) didn't help much either.

Nor did Aaron's stat whoring.

f*cking a$holes.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline cheeseheads123  
#4 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 6:01:49 PM(UTC)
cheeseheads123

Applause Given: 67
Applause Received: 106

Tramon, prevent defense, and the replacement refs.
UserPostedImage
Offline doddpower  
#5 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 6:02:24 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011

United States

Applause Given: 1,979
Applause Received: 478

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
Nor did Aaron's stat whoring.

f*cking a$holes.

lol, I'm just going to say it: You. Are. Stupid.

Otherwise, Tramon's lack of discipline on that play should have some type of consequences. Absolutely. He has to keep his composure in that situation, regardless of the situation. But still, there were many other failures that that one play that were basically just as bad, or worse.

Offline all_about_da_packers  
#6 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 6:03:31 PM(UTC)
all_about_da_packers

Applause Given: 10
Applause Received: 80

Thanks you MD Jennings for missing the INT, and thank you both Safeties (especially you MD Jennings) for your crappy tackling.

I will say this though, this was as poor a game as I remember from Tramon. There is something to be said for effort, but unfortunately he displayed next to none of it. My God, what a terrible performance.
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
gbguy20 on 12/30/2012(UTC)
#7 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 6:05:45 PM(UTC)
all_about_da_packers

Originally Posted by: cheeseheads123 Go to Quoted Post
Tramon, prevent defense, and the replacement refs.

I have very little issue with the defensive play calling. We missed so many tackles, and simply blew coverages. I'm very, very thankful we get Woodson back next week - our Safety play left a lot to be desired.

As for the play calling, when your players are missing as many tackles as we did tonight, and have very little gap discipline... well you're going to get what we got today.
Offline doddpower  
#8 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 6:08:36 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011

United States

Applause Given: 1,979
Applause Received: 478

I'm no fan of prevent defense, but if Hayward didn't blow his coverage, it's not likely the 3rd and long pass was completed. Dom had a player in position to make that play, the player simply didn't make it. I don't see how that call specifically can be placed on Dom. He also had many players in position to stop Peterson many times, but they often failed. He can be blamed for the players lack of ability to tackle, but not really the play-calling on those plays. The defense just has to make the plays when in position to do so. They often did not tonight.

EDIT: I tweeted early in the game that Woodson is really missed in a game like this. I am not a fan of MD Jennings as all. Hopefully he will never see the field when Woodson is back.
Offline cheeseheads123  
#9 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 6:14:59 PM(UTC)
cheeseheads123

Applause Given: 67
Applause Received: 106

I wasn't solely blaming it on Capers. It would of worked if Hayward knew what he was doing
UserPostedImage
Offline musccy  
#10 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 10:57:19 PM(UTC)
musccy

Applause Given: 225
Applause Received: 207

Nothing to do with Capers as others alluded to, and the penalty was the least of my concerns with Tramon. He avoided touching A.P. like he had leprosy. At least the rest of the secondary made an attempt (albeit pitiful) to tackle A.P.
Offline blueleopard  
#11 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 11:42:13 PM(UTC)
blueleopard

Applause Received: 70

Al Harris would've given it no mind and lay out AP. That was a disgusting defensive performance, especially from a deep a secondary going against a team that has no known receiving talent.
Danreb Victorio A Believer of Greg Jennings
Offline DakotaT  
#12 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 11:53:32 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 650
Applause Received: 1,338

It almost looked like we threw that game. Mcmillian had a horrible penalty on Rudolph in the end zone that ended up being a badly overthrown ball. When you give a team six chances on a goal line stand, you don't deserve to win. There's 8 points the Vikings shouldn't have had.

As for the tackling, they better bring their lunch pails next week and start sticking some f*cking shoulder pads into AP's thighs instead of this f*cken ole sh*t the threw out there today.

That ball that got tipped up and ended up being a completion, well the tip of that ball hit the ground - and if I can see that in live action - WTF is wrong with the refs? It pisses me off that we had to challenge that Ponder sack too.

This week I don't want to hear one f*ckin word from Pickett or Raji - no finger pointing on the field when they do stuff Peterson either. I wanted to jump through the screen and kick Raji in the nutz more than once today.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
nerdmann on 12/31/2012(UTC)
#13 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2012 12:51:48 AM(UTC)
all_about_da_packers

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
This week I don't want to hear one f*ckin word from Pickett or Raji - no finger pointing on the field when they do stuff Peterson either. I wanted to jump through the screen and kick Raji in the nutz more than once today.

Honestly, Pickett and Raji should be able to talk as much as they want. Both were routinely either occupying blockers to allow our ILB or a DB to come through and have a shot at Peterson, or (especially Raji) were beating the O-line to stop Peterson or at least cause him to change directions. I cannot recall Peterson gashing through the middle of the field for big gains; he seemed to do real damage by bouncing it outside.

The majority of our problems seemed to be the inability of our DBs to tackle (or cover, for that matter). I'll be interested to see the rating/reviews that are done on the game (ProfootballFocus and McGinn specifically), but on initial reaction I think our two big bodies generally did what they needed to do, it's just that everyone else basically could not get their job done.

For what it is worth, I find it very interesting contrasting Raji's post-game comments with Clay's. Raji basically said he had no idea what could be done differently to stop All Day, while Clay said there were a lot of opportunities missed (Hawk seemed to be echoing Clay in his post-game comments, too). My initial reaction is that based on the way Raji and Pickett played, there isn't much more they can reasonably be expected to do in order to stop AD. Everyone else needs to look in the mirror and realize the poor outing they had.

Edited by user Monday, December 31, 2012 1:29:46 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline nerdmann  
#14 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2012 1:20:11 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Wtf was Zombo today?

We needed a run stuffer, not a coverage guy who never heard of containment.
#15 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2012 1:31:54 AM(UTC)
all_about_da_packers

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
Wtf was Zombo today?

You mean the player who got blocked and taken out of a run play by a f*cking QB (recall what Stafford did when we last played the Lions)?

This might be the first time I say this all season: Nick Perry would have been quite valuable to have against the Vikings.