Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
The_Green_Ninja  
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 6:08:10 PM(UTC)
It seems funny to think, but this game could of been a blow-by game. It's the last I'm really going to pour my frustration towards this, but this one image removed our chances of a bye and should be forever burned in Packers and NFL memory and history.

UserPostedImage

So thanks, NFL, for the 11-5* season.

Frustrations on this, commence.
RajiRoar  
#2 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 6:15:40 PM(UTC)
who is the #2 now?

it is frustrating getting beat by the queens, but we had the oppourtunity to erase the damage done by the "Seattle Screwjob" and we diddn't step up.
mi_keys  
#3 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 6:16:57 PM(UTC)
We had the shot at the bye anyway and choked it away. It's our own fault, no one else.
The_Green_Ninja  
#4 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 6:19:31 PM(UTC)
mi_keys said: Go to Quoted Post
We had the shot at the bye anyway and choked it away. It's our own fault, no one else.

Which is why I mentioned "besides our poor play"

Sorry if I'm taking this personally but this game just really pissed me off.
Gaycandybacon  
#5 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 6:19:34 PM(UTC)
It's on us not the NFL.

That was week 3 this is week 17.

It's not their fault we lost 4 games games.

Plus the Seahawks are a wildcard team.

Pretty much somes up that story.

The_Green_Ninja  
#6 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 6:23:59 PM(UTC)
Of course we had a chance and we should have stepped up. There's no doubt to that. Though based on the rules of the NFL, had they come to an agreement with the real referees, the Packers would be 12-4 which means 2nd seed. There is no doubt to this. We had a chance a blew it, but there should have BEEN no reason for this game to mean anything.

As I said, that's the one game the where the better team truly lost.
DakotaT  
#7 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 6:26:15 PM(UTC)
There's no crying in football boys. Have to suck it up and tackle better next week.
cheeseheads123  
#8 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 6:31:35 PM(UTC)
Would the Packers have the 1 seed if they got the win vs seattle and today?
The_Green_Ninja  
#9 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 6:37:19 PM(UTC)
cheeseheads123 said: Go to Quoted Post
Would the Packers have the 1 seed if they got the win vs seattle and today?

Yep. But there is a good difference of importance between getting a first round bye and having home field advantage throughout the playoffs.
dhazer  
#10 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 6:51:11 PM(UTC)
I'm kind of glad we lost, we suck when it comes to bye weeks and does going to Atlanta really scare anyone?
Gaycandybacon  
#11 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 7:01:53 PM(UTC)
dhazer said: Go to Quoted Post
I'm kind of glad we lost, we suck when it comes to bye weeks and does going to Atlanta really scare anyone?

I really hate blaming it on byes. It's all about playing hot and getting through adversity. It's either you come to play or you don't. If you think about it, it's the same as a regular season bye too.

I believe in not resting players unless they're absolutely banged up but I still don't think that's what caused us to lose that game to the Giants. Our D finally caught up to us last year, and we didn't catch the football at all. You can't blame taking a week off as an excuse for losing a game.

I mean if you were an NFL player would you want a bye week? I'm pretty sure they crave for any time off.
Pack93z  
#12 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 7:18:53 PM(UTC)
Bullshit.. it was there for us to take. We didn't. That is all that needs to be said.

Game on for next week.
doddpower  
#13 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 7:40:21 PM(UTC)
I understand the logic that it was still in the Packers control to have the #2 seed. However, the fact of the matter is things happen and sometimes teams lose in the NFL. In the FailMary game, the Packer's had a win stolen, and it hurts them today, regardless of whether the Packers failed to step up and win more games.

With that being said, that ship has sailed and I'm over it. I'm ready for the Packers to crush the Vikings next week at Lambeau. I'm confident.
Gaycandybacon  
#14 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 10:34:31 PM(UTC)
doddpower said: Go to Quoted Post
I understand the logic that it was still in the Packers control to have the #2 seed. However, the fact of the matter is things happen and sometimes teams lose in the NFL. In the FailMary game, the Packer's had a win stolen, and it hurts them today, regardless of whether the Packers failed to step up and win more games.

With that being said, that ship has sailed and I'm over it. I'm ready for the Packers to crush the Vikings next week at Lambeau. I'm confident.

You should be confident. I pretty sure Mike McCarthy and Dom capers is gonna slap our secondarys ass's one by one. Telling them to tackle someone, maybe tell them to tackle themselves?

Plus the way the offense looked today... Gives me hope, wasn't half bad. The return of Cobb and Woodson should help us emencley as well, and it will allow us to get M.D can't tackle Jennings off the field and let Woodson shut down TE's in the redzone.

We may even might not have to have Cobb on returns since the emergence of Jeremy Ross. Which will create an even more dynamic offense.
Rss Feed