Green Bay Packers Forum

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
4 Pages<1234>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline blueleopard  
#11 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 11:42:13 PM(UTC)

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 139
Al Harris would've given it no mind and lay out AP. That was a disgusting defensive performance, especially from a deep a secondary going against a team that has no known receiving talent.
Offline DakotaT  
#12 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 11:53:32 PM(UTC)

United States
Applause Given: 886
Applause Received: 1,796
It almost looked like we threw that game. Mcmillian had a horrible penalty on Rudolph in the end zone that ended up being a badly overthrown ball. When you give a team six chances on a goal line stand, you don't deserve to win. There's 8 points the Vikings shouldn't have had.

As for the tackling, they better bring their lunch pails next week and start sticking some fucking shoulder pads into AP's thighs instead of this fucken ole shit the threw out there today.

That ball that got tipped up and ended up being a completion, well the tip of that ball hit the ground - and if I can see that in live action - WTF is wrong with the refs? It pisses me off that we had to challenge that Ponder sack too.

This week I don't want to hear one fuckin word from Pickett or Raji - no finger pointing on the field when they do stuff Peterson either. I wanted to jump through the screen and kick Raji in the nutz more than once today.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
nerdmann on 12/31/2012(UTC)
Offline all_about_da_packers  
#13 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2012 12:51:48 AM(UTC)

Applause Given: 23
Applause Received: 142
DakotaT said: Go to Quoted Post
This week I don't want to hear one fuckin word from Pickett or Raji - no finger pointing on the field when they do stuff Peterson either. I wanted to jump through the screen and kick Raji in the nutz more than once today.

Honestly, Pickett and Raji should be able to talk as much as they want. Both were routinely either occupying blockers to allow our ILB or a DB to come through and have a shot at Peterson, or (especially Raji) were beating the O-line to stop Peterson or at least cause him to change directions. I cannot recall Peterson gashing through the middle of the field for big gains; he seemed to do real damage by bouncing it outside.

The majority of our problems seemed to be the inability of our DBs to tackle (or cover, for that matter). I'll be interested to see the rating/reviews that are done on the game (ProfootballFocus and McGinn specifically), but on initial reaction I think our two big bodies generally did what they needed to do, it's just that everyone else basically could not get their job done.

For what it is worth, I find it very interesting contrasting Raji's post-game comments with Clay's. Raji basically said he had no idea what could be done differently to stop All Day, while Clay said there were a lot of opportunities missed (Hawk seemed to be echoing Clay in his post-game comments, too). My initial reaction is that based on the way Raji and Pickett played, there isn't much more they can reasonably be expected to do in order to stop AD. Everyone else needs to look in the mirror and realize the poor outing they had.
Offline nerdmann  
#14 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2012 1:20:11 AM(UTC)

Applause Given: 4,897
Applause Received: 1,150
Wtf was Zombo today?

We needed a run stuffer, not a coverage guy who never heard of containment.
Offline all_about_da_packers  
#15 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2012 1:31:54 AM(UTC)

Applause Given: 23
Applause Received: 142
nerdmann said: Go to Quoted Post
Wtf was Zombo today?

You mean the player who got blocked and taken out of a run play by a fucking QB (recall what Stafford did when we last played the Lions)?

This might be the first time I say this all season: Nick Perry would have been quite valuable to have against the Vikings.
Offline wpr  
#16 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2012 2:59:30 AM(UTC)

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2014FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

Applause Given: 3,311
Applause Received: 1,607
team lack of effort.
I think they prefer to play vikings again and not let the scummy bears into the playoffs. Win once at home then on to sunny CA to play the 9ers. Aaron Rodgers gets home cooked meal from momma. The weather plays to Aaron Rodgers and the offense.
Offline dyeah_gb  
#17 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2012 7:15:36 AM(UTC)

Applause Given: 49
Applause Received: 54
wpr said: Go to Quoted Post
team lack of effort.
I think they prefer to play vikings again and not let the scummy bears into the playoffs. Win once at home then on to sunny CA to play the 9ers. Aaron Rodgers gets home cooked meal from momma. The weather plays to Aaron Rodgers and the offense.

I agree with this point. I might be crazy, but I would rather face the vikings,49ers and whoever knocks ou the Falcons than the Bears.

Offline vikesrule  
#18 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2012 7:45:27 AM(UTC)

Applause Given: 60
Applause Received: 193
blueleopard said: Go to Quoted Post
Al Harris would've given it no mind and lay out AP.

Instead of Whoopi Harris's cheap shot, you mean like this......

[

Offline DakotaT  
#19 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2012 9:07:14 AM(UTC)

United States
Applause Given: 886
Applause Received: 1,796
vikesrule said: Go to Quoted Post
Instead of Whoopi Harris's cheap shot, you mean like this......

[

Still calling an open field tackle on a runner in full speed a cheap shot? That Al Harris sure had some pin point control. [sarcasm]
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#20 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2012 9:15:05 AM(UTC)

Applause Given: 21
Applause Received: 757
Give it a break. Tramon was up being physical with a WR. Exactly what we want him to do. His hands hit the WR in the facemask. It wasn't intentional, it happens when playing physical. Woodson, Harris have had it happen also.

The problem was containment of Peterson on the left edge of the defense. He couldn't run up the middle, and had little success to the defensive right. Almost all of his gains was because he was able to bounce outside the defensive left.
Rss Feed