Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.
2 Pages<12

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
wpr  
#21 Posted : Monday, December 10, 2012 1:49:14 PM(UTC)
DakotaT said: Go to Quoted Post
Looked pretty good on that last run. Who's practice squad did we thieve him from?

Quote:
Professional career
Jacksonville Jaguars

Harris was signed by the Jacksonville Jaguars as an undrafted free agent in 2011. He was released on August 25, 2012.
Pittsburgh Steelers

On August 27, 2012, Harris was claimed off waivers by the Pittsburgh Steelers and later released on August 31.
Green Bay Packers

On October 24, 2012, Harris was signed to the Green Bay Packers' practice squad. On December 1, 2012, Harris was signed to the Packers' active roster.[1]

wiki

edit-
rotoworld

Quote:
Packers signed RB DuJuan Harris and WR Jeremy Ross from the team's practice squad.
Harris spent much of the preseason with the Jaguars before being claimed off waivers by the Steelers in late August. He's a smaller back with some speed. Ross was signed as an undrafted free agent out of California by the Patriots in 2011. Both players will be special teams contributors if active on game days.
Related: Jeremy Ross
Source: Tom Silverstein on Twitter
Dec 1 - 5:50 PM
all_about_da_packers  
#22 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 9:16:54 PM(UTC)
A couple of things:

1) DeJuan Harris can ball. I absolutely love the fact that, despite being short, he constantly leaps forward when falling and picks up 1-2 yards extra. We may have something special in him - he seems to get to full speed in a couple of steps, and is really sudden. Honestly, not much to dislike about him, IMO.

2) Why on earth is Ryan Grant starting? He was unwanted up until a few weeks ago, and it's quite obvious that he is not the quickest or most talented back we have. So, um, why on earth is he starting? More importantly, WTF happened to Alex Green? He was active today, and I assume there is no nagging injury that prevented Green from getting carries. So not sure WTF is going on with Green, but Grant should be nothing more than a situational back.
User is suspended until 5/28/2018 11:54:40 AM(UTC) DakotaT  
#23 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 9:34:30 PM(UTC)
all_about_da_packers said: Go to Quoted Post
A couple of things:

1) DeJuan Harris can ball. I absolutely love the fact that, despite being short, he constantly leaps forward when falling and picks up 1-2 yards extra. We may have something special in him - he seems to get to full speed in a couple of steps, and is really sudden. Honestly, not much to dislike about him, IMO.

2) Why on earth is Ryan Grant starting? He was unwanted up until a few weeks ago, and it's quite obvious that he is not the quickest or most talented back we have. So, um, why on earth is he starting? More importantly, WTF happened to Alex Green? He was active today, and I assume there is no nagging injury that prevented Green from getting carries. So not sure WTF is going on with Green, but Grant should be nothing more than a situational back.

Thank you, when I call Ryan Grant dog shit, I'm just an asshole. I'm glad other people can honestly critique a Packer. Gotta like Dejuan for the reasons u stated, and that he is one of those "hungry" players.
doddpower  
#24 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 9:56:09 PM(UTC)
DakotaT said: Go to Quoted Post
Thank you, when I call Ryan Grant dog shit, I'm just an asshole. I'm glad other people can honestly critique a Packer. Gotta like Dejuan for the reasons u stated, and that he is one of those "hungry" players.

Eh, given the circumstances of the Packers injuries, I think Grant is nice immediate depth, even if it's only as a #3 RB. But honestly, he's probably better then Green at this point from a pure running stand point, and definitely deserves a spot on the Packers roster.

nerdmann  
#25 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 11:55:48 PM(UTC)
5.4 today for DuJuan.

Very nice. DuJuan, Jeremy Ross, and the Queens were all playing at a different speed today.
dyeah_gb  
#26 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2012 7:23:01 AM(UTC)
I really Harris to have a chance to establish himself as the starter. I don't care if he is from a practice squad. From what I saw, he earned yards beyond what the O-line gave him. It would be amazing if he can turn out to be our Ray Rice.
PackFanWithTwins  
#27 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2012 9:01:38 AM(UTC)
all_about_da_packers said: Go to Quoted Post
A couple of things:

If you go technically Grant was the starting back, because he was on the field for the first offensive play. But in reality, we don't have a starting RB. It is just a matter of the play call.

Just because we could line up with 3 TE, Grant and Kuhn, doesn't mean we don't have any starting WR.
Rss Feed