Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
6 Pages<12345>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline doddpower  
#31 Posted : Tuesday, January 1, 2013 1:27:27 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011

United States

Applause Given: 2,040
Applause Received: 509

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
If the person downfield was in fact, already open, then there would be no need to wait the extra 7 seconds to get the ball out, no?

And this is not Aaron's obsession alone. But Aaron and Mike are obsessed with obliterating Favre from the record books. THAT is why they abandon the run. THAT is why they throw deep constantly.

They know that Aaron is unlikely to play as long as Favre, so they need to break his records in a shorter amount of time.

lol, you are amazing. Not even worth a rebuttal, as it's basically like stealing candy from a baby. It's amazing how knowledgeable you are of the inner minds of Aaron Rodgers and Mike McCarthy, though. Typical troll talk.
Offline wpr  
#32 Posted : Tuesday, January 1, 2013 1:35:05 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 3,019
Applause Received: 1,460

If the person downfield was in fact, already open, then there would be no need to wait the extra 7 seconds to get the ball out, no?

And this is not Aaron's obsession alone. But Aaron and Mike are obsessed with obliterating Favre from the record books. THAT is why they abandon the run. THAT is why they throw deep constantly.

They know that Aaron is unlikely to play as long as Favre, so they need to break his records in a shorter amount of time.

Who are you Bus Cook? This is one of the most moronic statements I have ever read. I can not imagine the TWO of them are sitting down and agreeing to, not do what it takes to win the game, but break Favre records. Other than Favre and his momma who really gives a shit about the records?

Just to show you how ridiculous your comment is here are the run/pass totals for the month of December. (I just don't want to waste time looking further. And that is about the time the overall run game got healthy enough to be utilized more.)

Dec 2 vs MN 36 runs/35 pass. wait forgot two sacks so 37 passes.
Dec 9 vs Det 25/24 plus 3 sacks total 27 passes.
Dec 16 @ Chi 23/21 plus 4 sacks total 25 passes.
Dec 23 Vs TN 35/40 1 sack total 41 passes.
Dec 30 @ MN 16/40 plus 5 sacks 45 passes.

The first 4 games show nothing, NOTHING that would indicate some evil plot to get the sacred Favre records. The run vs pass break down is nearly 50-50. The main reason final game in MN was so lopsided in pass over runs was that they got down 13-0 and 20-7 and HAD to try and catch up. Keep in mind the MN secondary was weak and should have been exploited.

UserPostedImage

Offline wpr  
#33 Posted : Tuesday, January 1, 2013 1:35:58 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Originally Posted by: doddpower Go to Quoted Post
lol, you are amazing. Not even worth a rebuttal, as it's basically like stealing candy from a baby. It's amazing how knowledgeable you are of the inner minds of Aaron Rodgers and Mike McCarthy, though. Typical troll talk.

oops. I was too busy looking for a rebuttal. You win.

UserPostedImage

thanks Post received 1 applause.
DoddPower on 1/1/2013(UTC)
Offline nerdmann  
#34 Posted : Tuesday, January 1, 2013 2:14:41 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,622
Applause Received: 651

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
Who are you Bus Cook? This is one of the most moronic statements I have ever read. I can not imagine the TWO of them are sitting down and agreeing to, not do what it takes to win the game, but break Favre records. Other than Favre and his momma who really gives a shit about the records?

Just to show you how ridiculous your comment is here are the run/pass totals for the month of December. (I just don't want to waste time looking further. And that is about the time the overall run game got healthy enough to be utilized more.)

The first 4 games show nothing, NOTHING that would indicate some evil plot to get the sacred Favre records. The run vs pass break down is nearly 50-50. The main reason final game in MN was so lopsided in pass over runs was that they got down 13-0 and 20-7 and HAD to try and catch up. Keep in mind the MN secondary was weak and should have been exploited.

So, Mike McCarthy doesn't have a tendency to abandon the run, therefore what I say is incorrect?
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#35 Posted : Tuesday, January 1, 2013 2:15:34 PM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

United States

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 178

Then why does Mike McCarthy want to run the ball even when we weren't effective?

Aaron said countless times that the super bowl is better than the MVP. All he wants to do is win..

LOL and the funny thing is remember that Lions game at halftime Mike McCarthy said to his team? "throw the stats out the window" Pretty much proves that he doesn't give 2 shits about records and or stats.
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#36 Posted : Tuesday, January 1, 2013 2:16:53 PM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

United States

So, Mike McCarthy doesn't have a tendency to abandon the run, therefore what I say is incorrect?

If you're talking about this previous game. We ran the ball early. At halftime it was 20-10. Who wouldn't pass the ball?
Offline wpr  
#37 Posted : Tuesday, January 1, 2013 2:21:25 PM(UTC)
wpr

United States

noooo. You saying Mike's abandoning the run is his pursuit of Favre's records is wrong. AND this started with you complaining about Aaron Rodgers not Mike. You are waffling all over the place on this thread. It is like watching a dingy in the North Atlantic.

Pick one thing to bitch about and stay with it man.

AND one game in the last 5 where they pass a lot does not prove your hypothesis of them going for said records.

UserPostedImage

Offline nerdmann  
#38 Posted : Tuesday, January 1, 2013 2:30:45 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

noooo. You saying Mike's abandoning the run is his pursuit of Favre's records is wrong. AND this started with you complaining about Aaron Rodgers not Mike. You are waffling all over the place on this thread. It is like watching a dingy in the North Atlantic.

Pick one thing to bitch about and stay with it man.

AND one game in the last 5 where they pass a lot does not prove your hypothesis of them going for said records.

It's been going on for years.

“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#39 Posted : Tuesday, January 1, 2013 2:32:26 PM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

United States

I can honestly say that those stats are pretty damn good.. That's about 2 sacks per game on about 175 passes.
Offline wpr  
#40 Posted : Tuesday, January 1, 2013 2:36:33 PM(UTC)
wpr

United States

It's been going on for years.

oh. ok. go get the stats that prove Aaron Rodgers is going for Favre stats and not trying to win.

This just in- my wife announced the only record Aaron is trying to break is the most Super Bowl wins by a QB. Damn I knew there was a reason I married her besides her great body.

UserPostedImage

Offline Gaycandybacon  
#41 Posted : Tuesday, January 1, 2013 2:41:10 PM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

United States

oh. ok. go get the stats that prove Aaron Rodgers is going for Favre stats and not trying to win.

This just in- my wife announced the only record Aaron is trying to break is the most Super Bowl wins by a QB. Damn I knew there was a reason I married her besides her great body.

Is there any player in the league that doesn't want to win? Weeeee!!

Offline wpr  
#42 Posted : Tuesday, January 1, 2013 2:55:44 PM(UTC)
wpr

United States

Originally Posted by: Gaycandybacon Go to Quoted Post
Is there any player in the league that doesn't want to win? Weeeee!!

no kidding

UserPostedImage

Offline buckeyepackfan  
#43 Posted : Tuesday, January 1, 2013 3:17:40 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Applause Given: 329
Applause Received: 443

Don't argue with nerdman!!!!!
He WILL send the black helicopters to your house!!!!

Everything is a conspiracy in his world!!!

"stat-whore" a phrase that will now live forever on this forum.

Nerdman says it. it's the truth, and he will continue to say it until he thinks he has convinced everyone else it's the truth.

Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’. "Stats are for Losers"
Offline wpr  
#44 Posted : Tuesday, January 1, 2013 3:26:58 PM(UTC)
wpr

United States

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan Go to Quoted Post
Don't argue with nerdman!!!!!
He WILL send the black helicopters to your house!!!!

Everything is a conspiracy in his world!!!

"stat-whore" a phrase that will now live forever on this forum.

Nerdman says it. it's the truth, and he will continue to say it until he thinks he has convinced everyone else it's the truth.

It is the truth. I read it in the Book of Nerdman.And the copters can't find me. I got tin foil on my head. He told me it would keep me safe.

UserPostedImage

Offline nerdmann  
#45 Posted : Tuesday, January 1, 2013 3:52:57 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

It is the truth. I read it in the Book of Nerdman.And the copters can't find me. I got tin foil on my head. He told me it would keep me safe.

Solid arguments, to be sure.

Nerdmann says it's true, but it makes me pee my pants. Therefore it must not be true.
Rss Feed