Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Formo  
#1 Posted : Friday, December 28, 2012 12:24:41 PM(UTC)
Formo

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

How accurate is this? Because I found it funny.

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Sponsor
Offline DakotaT  
#2 Posted : Friday, December 28, 2012 12:51:15 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 622
Applause Received: 1,299

Originally Posted by: Formo Go to Quoted Post

UserPostedImage

Your debt problem in the scenario is noteworthy, very noteworthy - but imagine what the scenario would have been had the Bush tax cuts never been given 12 years ago? Would the revenue had been enough to cover expenses. This country has just as big of a revenue problem as a debt problem. It's pretty tough to just attack the problem from the debt side - with all the infrastructure problems in this country.

I'm very willing to give up my $1,200 in credits that were gifted to me by Curious George, but only if the wealthy go back to the Clinton tax rates too.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
vikesrule on 12/28/2012(UTC)
Offline Formo  
#3 Posted : Friday, December 28, 2012 1:28:24 PM(UTC)
Formo

Applause Given: 215
Applause Received: 152

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
Your debt problem in the scenario is noteworthy, very noteworthy - but imagine what the scenario would have been had the Bush tax cuts never been given 12 years ago? Would the revenue had been enough to cover expenses. This country has just as big of a revenue problem as a debt problem. It's pretty tough to just attack the problem from the debt side - with all the infrastructure problems in this country.

I'm very willing to give up my $1,200 in credits that were gifted to me by Curious George, but only if the wealthy go back to the Clinton tax rates too.

I already posted an article by Bloomberg that showed more than one economist studies and stats show the Bush cuts were better than the alternative the first time around. Not going to do it again.

The only revenue problem this country has is there isn't enough people making enough money. Taxing them more doesn't fix it.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Offline vikesrule  
#4 Posted : Friday, December 28, 2012 1:38:02 PM(UTC)
vikesrule

Applause Given: 60
Applause Received: 193

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post

Well played.
I'll have to applaud you for this and not the usual "well bless his little heart" applaud.

It has to be both tax increases and budget cutbacks.
A pure austerity approach would be a disaster.

It still baffles me how so many "average" Americans do not want the really wealthy to pay what they used to pay in taxes.
They did fine then, the country did better, jobs were created....what's the problem?
Shit, even some of the very wealthy agree with that...it's the "Sheeple/Tea party/Neo-Con puppets" that are sending this country down the shitter.
Hell, those are probably the same people that wanted Brett Favre as a Viking..that should tell you something right there.

By the way DT, you ever get any of those Honey subsidies?Big Grin
Offline Pack93z  
#5 Posted : Friday, December 28, 2012 1:43:43 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 381
Applause Received: 1,022

First step... cap the extension the unemployed get. Sorry, I have no issue helping those in need, but 2 plus years sitting on unemployment is more of a problem of the person than not finding a job.

Second step.. reform the qualifications for those on assistance. Again.. I have no issue paying my part for those that NEED the help. Not those that have made a career out of skirting the system to get paid.

Then go through the defense budget and can half the shit we don't need.

Close the loopholes and off shore accounts to skirt taxes by the rich and virtually hang every accountant playing the system by their ass in the middle of each town square. Have them pay their proportional share.

It is also time of the local governments to start playing the grant game of taking the money now to earn more later to end. My township spent a million dollars on a 1/2 mile street project.. examples of chewing up grant money were 7k custom made light poles over the 1k alternatives. At 20 some poles that is a huge waste.. one extra was purchased because of molding costs to replace it later was about an extra 5k. The reason.. we had to spend the allotted money to ensure the proper budget in the coming years. Really. For a walking path through the town park at 450k.

After those are solved.. then reassess the tax issue. If it takes us paying more to get this nation back on track.. fine, lets do it.

Personally, it might hurt some now, but I would rather go over the cliff than extend the unemployment benes for the long term unemployed. Sooner or later we have to become a disciplined nation and addressing the issues.. not pushing them out further.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline DakotaT  
#6 Posted : Friday, December 28, 2012 2:51:47 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 622
Applause Received: 1,299

Originally Posted by: vikesrule Go to Quoted Post
Well played.
I'll have to applaud you for this and not the usual "well bless his little heart" applaud.

It has to be both tax increases and budget cutbacks.
A pure austerity approach would be a disaster.

It still baffles me how so many "average" Americans do not want the really wealthy to pay what they used to pay in taxes.
They did fine then, the country did better, jobs were created....what's the problem?
Shit, even some of the very wealthy agree with that...it's the "Sheeple/Tea party/Neo-Con puppets" that are sending this country down the shitter.
Hell, those are probably the same people that wanted Brett Favre as a Viking..that should tell you something right there.

By the way DT, you ever get any of those Honey subsidies?Big Grin

Never got a subsidy because we don't own bees, we lease them for the summer and share the honey crop with the lessor. Any subsidy or insurance goes to the bee owner. In a bad year, we're SOL.

As for your perplexion over why the near Fascist people side with the super rich, I think they are sold that one day, that's what they can become if they work real hard. It is similar to the type of reasoning one who gambles uses to become rich. Absolutely moronic.

I think you and I would be very good friends if you weren't such a dumbass when it came to football.
UserPostedImage
Offline Wade  
#7 Posted : Friday, December 28, 2012 3:53:50 PM(UTC)
Wade

Applause Given: 630
Applause Received: 648

Originally Posted by: Formo Go to Quoted Post

UserPostedImage

er, for some reason I don't see this photo.

None of the above. It wouldn't have been a wasted vote. Obama and Romney -- Those were the wasted votes.
Offline Wade  
#8 Posted : Friday, December 28, 2012 4:01:01 PM(UTC)
Wade

Answer: About 75,000 pages worth.

Question: How many pages of regulations did the federal government promulgate in the year just past?

THIS highlights the real, hidden, always uncounted cost connected to BOTH taxation and spending policies over the last 40 years or so. The productive sector of the economy is not the king OR his minions. It is the people being taxed and regulated and having to compete with subsidy providers, grant writers, contracting agents, lobbyists, and a whole lot of other largely unproductive people.

By the way, you guys congratulating each other....I haven't seen any response to my request for real empirical evidence in that other thread yet. How you doing on that project?

Big Grin
None of the above. It wouldn't have been a wasted vote. Obama and Romney -- Those were the wasted votes.
Offline zombieslayer  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, January 1, 2013 12:15:03 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Cut the military budget in half and end corporate welfare. Vote out every single politician who voted for the bank bailouts.

There. The debt problem is fixed. You won't have to do anything else.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline Wade  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, January 2, 2013 12:19:22 PM(UTC)
Wade

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer Go to Quoted Post
Cut the military budget in half and end corporate welfare. Vote out every single politician who voted for the bank bailouts.

There. The debt problem is fixed. You won't have to do anything else.

Numbers! I want numbers!

Big Grin
Rss Feed