Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
3 Pages123>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Pack93z  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 3, 2013 10:36:18 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States
Joined: 3/16/2007(UTC)
Location: North Central Wisconsin

Applause Given: 390
Applause Received: 1,055

Besides having more jack to spend for the day, what are your plans to stop Mr. Pete..Pete... Peterson?

We have seen requests to having your ass canned, so to save your tokus, share with us your plan to minimize the damage AP has upon your unit.

Edited by user Thursday, January 3, 2013 11:25:40 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Sponsor
Offline Porforis  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 3, 2013 11:23:31 AM(UTC)
Porforis

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 8/22/2009(UTC)
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Applause Given: 169
Applause Received: 333

Freak out for a bit, empty the bank account, call in sick. I'm not fit to be a defensive coordinator.
UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 3, 2013 11:27:50 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States
Joined: 3/16/2007(UTC)
Location: North Central Wisconsin

Applause Given: 390
Applause Received: 1,055

Originally Posted by: Porforis Go to Quoted Post
Freak out for a bit, empty the bank account, call in sick. I'm not fit to be a defensive coordinator.

I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 3, 2013 12:26:33 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States
Joined: 3/16/2007(UTC)
Location: North Central Wisconsin

Applause Given: 390
Applause Received: 1,055

Alright.. I will lay out my thoughts.

I think I play a 4-4 defense in base packages.. make that offensive line work a bit more to get to the edges and reach blocks. Yes, that will test out our depth on the defensive line.. but at the same time, you do this enough early that you start impacting how they call the game.. make Ponder pass without the PA and beat you.

The S Blitz is esentially doing the same thing, but not protecting the edges as much.. plus the Vikings will not be prepared for this early.. Pickett and Raji inside with Wilson and Neal on the edges... same backing corp. You have a rotation of Daniels fill in at other spots.. basically early this is going all in to stop AP. Stack the line so that Neal is always playing outside shoulder on the weak side of the formation and allow the Matthews play the other end uncovered so he can still rush the passer if need be. This would protect Walden/Moses a bit in making sure they keep the edge.

In three receiver sets.. back out into you normal package.. with instructions of the Middle backers and providing the interior pinch and make sure those edge backers keep outside contain..

If we can slow them early and build a lead, then drop back into the 3-4 base packages and allow them to run and shorten the game with it.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
dyeah_gb on 1/3/2013(UTC)
Offline dyeah_gb  
#5 Posted : Thursday, January 3, 2013 2:25:20 PM(UTC)
dyeah_gb

Rank: 5th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/22/2009(UTC)

Applause Given: 24
Applause Received: 24

Originally Posted by: Pack93z Go to Quoted Post
Alright.. I will lay out my thoughts.

I think I play a 4-4 defense in base packages.. make that offensive line work a bit more to get to the edges and reach blocks. Yes, that will test out our depth on the defensive line.. but at the same time, you do this enough early that you start impacting how they call the game.. make Ponder pass without the PA and beat you.

The S Blitz is esentially doing the same thing, but not protecting the edges as much.. plus the Vikings will not be prepared for this early.. Pickett and Raji inside with Wilson and Neal on the edges... same backing corp. You have a rotation of Daniels fill in at other spots.. basically early this is going all in to stop AP. Stack the line so that Neal is always playing outside shoulder on the weak side of the formation and allow the Matthews play the other end uncovered so he can still rush the passer if need be. This would protect Walden/Moses a bit in making sure they keep the edge.

In three receiver sets.. back out into you normal package.. with instructions of the Middle backers and providing the interior pinch and make sure those edge backers keep outside contain..

If we can slow them early and build a lead, then drop back into the 3-4 base packages and allow them to run and shorten the game with it.


...Then I realize I am still screwed because my secondary cannot tackle.

I won't be as in depth as Pack93z. Play call against the run and force noodle arm to pass the ball. I noticed that most of Peterson's long runs were when the middle was stuffed and he bounced outside. This indicates better play calls are needed to contain the run. I was actually thinking that more linebackers might accomplish this: a 3-4 or 2-5. Have we been still running the psycho at all?
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool - R. Feynman
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Pack93z on 1/3/2013(UTC)
Offline Pack93z  
#6 Posted : Thursday, January 3, 2013 2:39:25 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States
Joined: 3/16/2007(UTC)
Location: North Central Wisconsin

Applause Given: 390
Applause Received: 1,055

Originally Posted by: dyeah_gb Go to Quoted Post
Play call against the run and force noodle arm to pass the ball. I noticed that most of Peterson's long runs were when the middle was stuffed and he bounced outside. This indicates better play calls are needed to contain the run. I was actually thinking that more linebackers might accomplish this: a 3-4 or 2-5. Have we been still running the psycho at all?


Here is my issue with adding more backers play a couple yards deep.. it allows more holes to form and allows Peterson to have another second to process the information, see it and cut and go. Basically it is allowing him to get a head of steam built already. Me, I would rather clog as many of the gaps for front pressure and try to allow the backers to flow to the ball more.. last week, I seen way to many blockers getting up field and hats on our defenders.. allowing Peterson those cut backs because were were trying to pinch to provide that front wall. My thought it put more beef at the point of attack and put the pressure on Ponder to drop back, read and make plays without the play action being the effect it was last Sunday.

I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline DarkaneRules  
#7 Posted : Thursday, January 3, 2013 3:12:56 PM(UTC)
DarkaneRules

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/15/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 209
Applause Received: 350

Keep their offense off the field as much as possible. We CANNOT start the game with 3 and outs. That is unacceptable. Next is to play your role correctly. Do not go rogue and do not tackle behind him. Don't get too deep into the line. Let the tackles do their job and be ready to make a play at all times. EXECUTE the damn play!
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
Online nerdmann  
#8 Posted : Thursday, January 3, 2013 4:01:28 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,542
Applause Received: 639

Originally Posted by: DarkaneRules Go to Quoted Post
Keep their offense off the field as much as possible. We CANNOT start the game with 3 and outs. That is unacceptable. Next is to play your role correctly. Do not go rogue and do not tackle behind him. Don't get too deep into the line. Let the tackles do their job and be ready to make a play at all times. EXECUTE the damn play!


Wow, thank you. LOL. I agree as to time of possession.

First of all, I would have Tramon Williams NOT make stupid penalties.

The "conspiracy theory," which was in our favor in the Superbowl in '10, is now going to be against us, as AP seems to have become something of a superstar. They want highlight reels of him. So BE CAREFUL of penalties. Especially you, Tramon Williams. There will be hype about AP breaking Eric Dickerson's all time post season single game record.

Secondly, I agree, stuff the run and force Ponder to throw. I was shouting CONTAIN. FORCE HIM BACK INSIDE during the last game, although it was on the CheeseheadTV chat instead of here, as the chat room didn't work on my Linux box. But THAT, is how you stop Peterson.

It's going to be on the side opposite to Clay, that's where all the big plays came. Tramon wasn't manning up to tackle either. If you wanna take out a LB, might consider sitting Tramon. But definitely have Woody on that side and maybe Zombo. Walden FAILs against the run, especially when it comes to containment, and Moses seems to have hit the rookie wall.

I might even consider spying Burnett AND Woody on AP. Because they really don't have any other weapons to speak of. Brad Jones can cover Rudolph.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline QCHuskerFan  
#9 Posted : Thursday, January 3, 2013 4:26:47 PM(UTC)
QCHuskerFan

Rank: 6th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 12/30/2010(UTC)

Applause Given: 78
Applause Received: 136

Originally Posted by: Pack93z Go to Quoted Post
Here is my issue with adding more backers play a couple yards deep.. it allows more holes to form and allows Peterson to have another second to process the information, see it and cut and go. Basically it is allowing him to get a head of steam built already. Me, I would rather clog as many of the gaps for front pressure and try to allow the backers to flow to the ball more.. last week, I seen way to many blockers getting up field and hats on our defenders.. allowing Peterson those cut backs because were were trying to pinch to provide that front wall. My thought it put more beef at the point of attack and put the pressure on Ponder to drop back, read and make plays without the play action being the effect it was last Sunday.



Novel thought. I would try to slow my backers down. I believe they over pursued and crashed too hard. AP didn't have huge holes up front to run through. How many times did he get slowed in the backfield and then run for huge yardage after he he cut outside? Why was there room outside? Because we had 14 people clogged in the middle and Tramon left to tackle outside.

It's a fine line, though. You can't sit back and wait for AP. But Caper's scheme stopped AP in the backfield numerous times. Sometimes he was tackled and sometimes he cut outside for nice gains.

LB's need to quit worrying about gang tackling and maintain contain instead.
blank
Offline Rockmolder  
#10 Posted : Thursday, January 3, 2013 4:28:04 PM(UTC)
Rockmolder

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2010

Netherlands
Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 150
Applause Received: 254

I'd go out and spent some money on one bitchin' hairpiece. That way, I could get on the sidelines, instead of up in a boot, without the fear of my combover being uncovered.

And yes, I'd go full anti-run, as well. I reckon the Vikings are the only team in the entire league that I'd play purely on the run and let them try to beat me through the air.

I'd try to bring more than 4 on, at least, 60% of the plays. Something I certainly WOULDN'T do, is let Matthews play spy 50% of the time. Next to that, they don't have any real receivers with Harvin gone, and it has shown, with nearly no passes going to that WR group. If it was up to me, we'd be playing high pressure, blitz some guys (mainly run blitzes, but even Hawk can get to the QB, eventually) and play agressive in the secondary.

I know, it'd be a bit hard to get Shields in on the action in that case, but for as far as I'm concerned, you could play a base with Williams, Hayward and Woodson against this team and still have the upper hand. Just have those three jam receivers at the line, with either Hawyard or Woodson on Ponder's security blanket, Rudolph.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Pack93z on 1/3/2013(UTC)
Offline Pack93z  
#11 Posted : Thursday, January 3, 2013 4:40:48 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States
Joined: 3/16/2007(UTC)
Location: North Central Wisconsin

Applause Given: 390
Applause Received: 1,055

Originally Posted by: Rockmolder Go to Quoted Post
I'd go out and spent some money on one bitchin' hairpiece. That way, I could get on the sidelines, instead of up in a boot, without the fear of my combover being uncovered.


+1

Originally Posted by: Rockmolder Go to Quoted Post

And yes, I'd go full anti-run, as well. I reckon the Vikings are the only team in the entire league that I'd play purely on the run and let them try to beat me through the air.


I would dare the Chiefs as well to pass the ball.

I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline dfosterf  
#12 Posted : Thursday, January 3, 2013 5:42:23 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

United States
Joined: 8/19/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 187
Applause Received: 410

I'd put my steel-toed boots on and start kicking offensive linemen dead-square in the ass with them.

I'd then tell them that we need to play with a lead, and if you fail to do your jobs, we can't do ours.

Then I'd put my fattest f*cks in the game to stop AD.

UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.



Offline DakotaT  
#13 Posted : Thursday, January 3, 2013 6:44:38 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 658
Applause Received: 1,347

Originally Posted by: dfosterf Go to Quoted Post
I'd put my steel-toed boots on and start kicking offensive linemen dead-square in the ass with them.

I'd then tell them that we need to play with a lead, and if you fail to do your jobs, we can't do ours.

Then I'd put my fattest f*cks in the game to stop AD.



First you'd have to wipe the three inches of dust off those steel toed work boots, ya on the dole beaurocrat. Keyboard tough guy.
UserPostedImage
Offline play2win  
#14 Posted : Friday, January 4, 2013 7:20:03 AM(UTC)
play2win

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 3/29/2012(UTC)
Location: Milwaukee

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Originally Posted by: DarkaneRules Go to Quoted Post
Keep their offense off the field as much as possible. We CANNOT start the game with 3 and outs. That is unacceptable. Next is to play your role correctly. Do not go rogue and do not tackle behind him. Don't get too deep into the line. Let the tackles do their job and be ready to make a play at all times. EXECUTE the damn play!


I take some of my pay and give it to McCarthy to call more running plays...
Offline flep  
#15 Posted : Friday, January 4, 2013 8:02:45 AM(UTC)
flep

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

United Kingdom
Joined: 8/14/2008(UTC)
Location: UK

Applause Given: 54
Applause Received: 60

Ball control, clock control offense. Score early.

3 - 4 D with the OLB's lined up 1 - 2 yards outside the Offensive Guards to try to force the run inside.

Make sure the the OLB's are told repeatably to stay on their assignments and not get drawn into the middle of the field. If an OL comes out to block you push him backwards, not towards the line of scrimmage. Keep outside contain at all times.

Man coverage by the corners.

Safeties - have one mirror AP.

That said.

Just stop the f*cking run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Formed Merseyside Nighthawks. British Champions 1992. Packer fan for 30 years

UserPostedImage


I feel very wrong now!!!!!!!!!
 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
3 Pages123>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF.NET | YAF.NET © 2003-2014, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 0.432 seconds.

Notification

Icon
Error

Tweeter

Recent Topics
12m / Around The NFL / Smokey

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Pack93z

1h / Random Babble / Smokey

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Smokey

2h / Random Babble / Smokey

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / texaspackerbacker

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / QCHuskerFan

4h / Fantasy Sports Talk / Smokey

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / texaspackerbacker

7h / Fantasy Sports Talk / Zero2Cool

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / steveishere

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / DoddPower

15h / Fantasy Sports Talk / Smokey

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf


Copyright © 2006-2014 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.