Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
8 Pages<1234>»
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline warhawk  
#16 Posted : Friday, January 4, 2013 10:42:33 AM(UTC)
warhawk

Applause Received: 207

I also believe that it was not a matter of coming out flat last week as it was the environment there to start the game made it difficult at the start.

I think the Vikes D had the advantage and a half step headstart and it didn't help that our D allowed long drives and kept the O off the field other than the two three and outs to begin the game.

There is such a thing as home field advantage and IMO our D did not do what they needed to do to take the crowd out of the game and help let the O get rolling sooner. Had our defense reciprocated by stopping the Vikes O early on the crowd would have been taken out along with the early momentum.

Watch. We will get some early stops, get an early 10 point lead, and end up rolling over these guys. Be ready to pull this post up around 10:30 Saturday night. Green Bay 38, Vikes 17 and never really in this game.
"The train is leaving the station."
Offline Tezzy  
#17 Posted : Friday, January 4, 2013 5:57:43 PM(UTC)
Tezzy

United States

Applause Given: 22
Applause Received: 65

Originally Posted by: gbpfan Go to Quoted Post
BJ will have a better game he did pretty good in trying to stop AP with Woodie back think d-line will be up to the challenge. Oline we have a better run game pack 40 vikes 20

So you believe he had a bad game last week, or just want to see him be ridonkulous? Busari did a heck of a job. The Vikings weren't getting push on him, and he gave the Packers the opportunities to look like the fools that they did trying to tackle AP. For me, BJ was one of the bright spots on the defense last week. If BJ maintains that level and others man up behind him I could see a dominant performance by the Packers.

Packers 31
Viqueens 17

On top of every beard grows a man.
Offline wpr  
#18 Posted : Saturday, January 5, 2013 6:23:28 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 2,741
Applause Received: 1,311

This is close enough to viking colors for someone like me who is colorblind.

UserPostedImage
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Offline Pack93z  
#19 Posted : Saturday, January 5, 2013 6:25:41 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 380
Applause Received: 1,020

Some of these can only help our cause.

Quote:
Injury Reports - ESPN.com

Brian Robison, DE Probable Jan 4
Comment: Robison (shoulder) was a full participant in Friday's practice and is listed as probable for Saturday's playoff game at Green Bay.
Harrison Smith, S Probable Jan 4
Comment: Smith (knee) was a full participant in Friday's practice and is listed as probable for Saturday's playoff game at Green Bay.
Adrian Peterson, RB Probable Jan 4
Comment: Peterson (sore abdomen) was a full participant in practice Friday and is listed as probable for Saturday's playoff game at Green Bay.
Antoine Winfield, CB Questionable Jan 4
Comment: Winfield (hand) was limited in Friday's practice, but is listed as questionable for Saturday's playoff game at Green Bay. However, he is expected to play with a cast protecting his broken right hand, ESPN 1500 am Twin Cities reports.
Christian Ponder, QB Questionable Jan 4
Comment: Ponder (elbow) was limited for a third consecutive practice Friday and is listed as quesitonable for Saturday's playoff game at Green Bay. However, he's expected to start. "I think he'll be all right," head coach Leslie Frazier told ESPN 1500 am Twin Cities on Thursday. "He's going to do everything he can to make sure he's ready to go. He's doing a lot more stuff mentally than physical right now. But he should be fine."
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline yooperfan  
#20 Posted : Saturday, January 5, 2013 8:29:34 AM(UTC)
yooperfan

Applause Given: 522
Applause Received: 243

I put the flag up before daylight and I'm already into my pre-game jitters.
Offline Cheesey  
#21 Posted : Saturday, January 5, 2013 10:31:34 AM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 159
Applause Received: 326

After last week's win against us, i think the Queens will be on an emotional decline, which will be hightened even more once they get behind a few points.
As i said before, last week was the Viking's "Super Bowl". (Well.....not really, cause if it was, they would have LOST!Big Grin )
I see GB getting a big win today
GB 37- Queens 17
UserPostedImage
Offline nerdmann  
#22 Posted : Saturday, January 5, 2013 10:52:54 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,294
Applause Received: 571

If Mike McCarthy can't get his team up for this game, he needs to retire. We should win this game comfortably.

I do think we will win, but does anyone doubt it will be unnecessarily close?
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline zombieslayer  
#23 Posted : Saturday, January 5, 2013 2:30:41 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Hopefully Dom gets his head out of his ass and goes to stop the pass. He did so in 2010 and 2011 and the first game of 2012. Then in the 2nd game, he had the stupid idea of trying to stop AD. That backfired, as Christian Ponder ended up looking like Peyton Manning because he had guys open all day long.

On the O, come out aggressive and force them to abandon the run by taking a quick lead. None of this "balanced" crap until the 2nd half when we're comfortably ahead.

I was worried about this game. Then Vikesrule bet on it. Now I'm feeling much better. Big Grin
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline Wade  
#24 Posted : Saturday, January 5, 2013 2:53:07 PM(UTC)
Wade

Applause Given: 629
Applause Received: 647

OMG. Just read a report on PFT that Joe Webb may be starting. Apparently Ponder's problem is bursitis.

Ouch! Thought that was a problem of geezers. Remember when my dad had it. Elbow swelled about the size of a pool ball, severe pain. (And my dad had an incredible tolerance for pain.)

All I can say is this better not be Jason Garrett II. Or was that Gary Hogeboom?

None of the above. It wouldn't have been a wasted vote. Obama and Romney -- Those were the wasted votes.
Offline zombieslayer  
#25 Posted : Saturday, January 5, 2013 3:16:01 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Originally Posted by: Wade Go to Quoted Post
OMG. Just read a report on PFT that Joe Webb may be starting. Apparently Ponder's problem is bursitis.

Ouch! Thought that was a problem of geezers. Remember when my dad had it. Elbow swelled about the size of a pool ball, severe pain. (And my dad had an incredible tolerance for pain.)

All I can say is this better not be Jason Garrett II. Or was that Gary Hogeboom?

I saw some reports saying the same thing, that as of right now, it's more likely Webb will start than Ponder. This ought to be interesting.

I bet Vikerule's bet caused Ponder's bursitis. Think
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline nerdmann  
#26 Posted : Saturday, January 5, 2013 3:17:31 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,294
Applause Received: 571

Originally Posted by: Wade Go to Quoted Post

I'd take Webb over Ponder any day. Dude can run. CONTAIN, CONTAIN, CONTAIN. Both AP and Webb.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline vikesrule  
#27 Posted : Saturday, January 5, 2013 3:26:33 PM(UTC)
vikesrule

Applause Given: 60
Applause Received: 193

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer Go to Quoted Post
I saw some reports saying the same thing, that as of right now, it's more likely Webb will start than Ponder. This ought to be interesting.

I bet Vikerule's bet caused Ponder's bursitis. Think

Yes, this could make things very interesting indeed.

Packers have prepared for Ponder all week and Webb has done pretty good when the opponents aren't ready for him.

Joe Webb running bootlegs with Adrian Peterson in the backfield could be a nightmare for the Packers D. ThumpUp

Offline zombieslayer  
#28 Posted : Saturday, January 5, 2013 3:48:55 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Originally Posted by: vikesrule Go to Quoted Post
Yes, this could make things very interesting indeed.

Packers have prepared for Ponder all week and Webb has done pretty good when the opponents aren't ready for him.

Joe Webb running bootlegs with Adrian Peterson in the backfield could be a nightmare for the Packers D. ThumpUp

Aaron Rodgers is gonna throw for 5 TDs anyways so no matter who is back there won't matter. Wanna Box?
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

Offline doddpower  
#29 Posted : Saturday, January 5, 2013 4:31:30 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011

United States

Applause Given: 1,765
Applause Received: 417

That's huge news. I bet the Packers defense is cramming to put a game plan together for him, heh. Although I'm sure they had a partial plan for him anyway, but still. I really don't see any way the Vikings can stay in this game now, but who knows.
Offline rabidgopher04  
#30 Posted : Saturday, January 5, 2013 4:33:26 PM(UTC)
rabidgopher04

Applause Given: 109
Applause Received: 126

Ponder declared inactive. Webb will start for sure. Just heard it while watching the other playoff game.
Do you like bacon?
Rss Feed