Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
5 Pages«<2345>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Pack93z  
#31 Posted : Saturday, January 5, 2013 7:27:31 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States
Joined: 3/16/2007(UTC)
Location: North Central Wisconsin

Applause Given: 398
Applause Received: 1,078

This is why... with AP shut down.. the Vikes have had nothing. We now have a lead built and with maybe another score, we care less if he starts ripping some runs. We only have 17 points and this game is almost sealed.

And yes, he can be contained with a solid front and holding the edges.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline macbob  
#32 Posted : Saturday, January 5, 2013 7:37:34 PM(UTC)
macbob

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Silver: 2012

Joined: 10/12/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 300
Applause Received: 250

Originally Posted by: Pack93z Go to Quoted Post
And yes, he can be contained with a solid front and holding the edges.


AND the help of Packerchick & 4PackGirl...thanks, ladies!
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
zombieslayer on 1/6/2013(UTC)
Offline zombieslayer  
#33 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2013 2:09:47 AM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: San Francisco

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Just got an email from Dom.

Quote:

Dear Zombieslayer,
Thanks for the tips. I've been taking to heart what you wrote. It is all about stopping the pass with the Vikings. Luckily for us, we didn't need to. Joe Webb seemed to enjoy throwing it to ants on the ground instead of Vikings Wide Receivers.

Regardless, you were right. From here on out, we'll let Adrian get his yards and focus more on stopping the pass.

Love,

Dom


So yes, once again, I'm right.

Thanks for the $20 Vikesrule. Applause Now we got a chance to get me a shot glass from Pack93z.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline Pack93z  
#34 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2013 7:40:08 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States
Joined: 3/16/2007(UTC)
Location: North Central Wisconsin

Applause Given: 398
Applause Received: 1,078

You know, you could have come in and said, yes we can contain AP and without him, they had nothing. And for this game in Lambeau in the cold and with a suspect QB (either Ponder or Webb) it was the right move to sell out for stopping AP.

This thread wasn't about being right or wrong.. it was about taking away the one element of the Vikings for this game.. so we could advance. We did... so take your Dom email and... Big Grin

I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline zombieslayer  
#35 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2013 11:42:54 AM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: San Francisco

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Originally Posted by: Pack93z Go to Quoted Post
You know, you could have come in and said, yes we can contain AP and without him, they had nothing. And for this game in Lambeau in the cold and with a suspect QB (either Ponder or Webb) it was the right move to sell out for stopping AP.

This thread wasn't about being right or wrong.. it was about taking away the one element of the Vikings for this game.. so we could advance. We did... so take your Dom email and... Big Grin



Heh. Sometimes I wonder about you, amigo.

I make things so obviously sarcastic that I'd assume everyone would get it. I guess not. Face. Palm.

But what I said in the other thread, I believe. Fate handed us this game. We got lucky, and to be arrogant about beating the Vikings would be a bad thing. Webb Wrecks Grossmanned the Vikings to the point that all 11 defenders could key up on AD. It wasn't even fair. Just a complete joke.

The only good that game out of this game for us besides the victory is we were able to move the chains consistently. That's a good sign.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline macbob  
#36 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2013 12:48:18 PM(UTC)
macbob

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Silver: 2012

Joined: 10/12/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 300
Applause Received: 250

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer Go to Quoted Post
The only good that game out of this game for us besides the victory is we were able to move the chains consistently. That's a good sign.


Yeah, but there were a lot of bad signs:

We ended up with only two more yards total offense than the Vikings--326 to 324.

We only won by 14 against a team with their starting QB sitting on the bench, in a game where we won the turnover battle 3-0.

This game should have been a blow out.
UserPostedImage
Offline earthquake  
#37 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2013 1:03:17 PM(UTC)
earthquake

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/11/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 193
Applause Received: 63

Originally Posted by: macbob Go to Quoted Post
Yeah, but there were a lot of bad signs:

We ended up with only two more yards total offense than the Vikings--326 to 324.

We only won by 14 against a team with their starting QB sitting on the bench, in a game where we won the turnover battle 3-0.

This game should have been a blow out.


The game was over at halftime, everything after that was garbage time yards. The vikings got a fluke TD on a blown coverage with just a few minutes left in the game when they had absolutely no chance of making it a game.

I wouldn't look too hard at the stats for this game.
blank
Offline nerdmann  
#38 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2013 1:06:58 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,696
Applause Received: 661

Originally Posted by: macbob Go to Quoted Post
Yeah, but there were a lot of bad signs:

We ended up with only two more yards total offense than the Vikings--326 to 324.

We only won by 14 against a team with their starting QB sitting on the bench, in a game where we won the turnover battle 3-0.

This game should have been a blow out.


It was never as close as the score would suggest.

Pretty much the whole second half, they knew we were gonna run it just to burn clock.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#39 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2013 1:16:17 PM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 9/17/2012(UTC)
Location: Hanover Park, IL

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 178

Stats smats. We won. It was a playoff game. Gift wraped or not fuck it. A good team performance. Offense, Defense, and special teams all showed up. The queens defense is not bad and we shredded them passing and running. One thing we need to clean up is communication it seems like people get deep on us more times than not. But it looks like with Woody back he shuts down that slot plus his aggressiveness against AP. Looks like the ageless wonder. DAMN we've missed him.
Offline Pack93z  
#40 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2013 6:52:42 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States
Joined: 3/16/2007(UTC)
Location: North Central Wisconsin

Applause Given: 398
Applause Received: 1,078

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer Go to Quoted Post
Heh. Sometimes I wonder about you, amigo.

I make things so obviously sarcastic that I'd assume everyone would get it. I guess not. Face. Palm.

But what I said in the other thread, I believe. Fate handed us this game. We got lucky, and to be arrogant about beating the Vikings would be a bad thing. Webb Wrecks Grossmanned the Vikings to the point that all 11 defenders could key up on AD. It wasn't even fair. Just a complete joke.

The only good that game out of this game for us besides the victory is we were able to move the chains consistently. That's a good sign.


Me and sarcasm are not bed fellows.. there is no doubt about it in this media.

But I will agree.. there is no reason to be arrogant about this win. But we did what we had to do to take the next step into the playoffs. Stop AP from taking over the game.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest (2)
5 Pages«<2345>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Tweeter

Recent Topics
17m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Yerko

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Since69

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / DoddPower

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / sschind

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / mi_keys

19-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

19-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

19-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / sschind

18-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / luigis

18-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / PackFanWithTwins

18-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / sschind

18-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / sschind

18-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / DoddPower

17-Nov / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann