Discussion Board
Welcome Guest! You can login or register. Login or Register.
3 Pages<123>

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Pack93z  
#21 Posted : Saturday, January 5, 2013 6:15:47 AM(UTC)
It is my belief, that without the benefit of the play action, Ponder at this point cannot beat us.. so if we stop Peterson..

So ordinarily I would agree with the concept, but I just don't think Ponder with a bum elbow (listed as questionable) and playing in his first cold weather game can beat us.

So alas.. stop Peterson.. we improve our chances significantly. Hence the thread on this game.

Quote:

Injury Report

Christian Ponder, QB Questionable Jan 4
Comment: Ponder (elbow) was limited for a third consecutive practice Friday and is listed as quesitonable for Saturday's playoff game at Green Bay. However, he's expected to start. "I think he'll be all right," head coach Leslie Frazier told ESPN 1500 am Twin Cities on Thursday. "He's going to do everything he can to make sure he's ready to go. He's doing a lot more stuff mentally than physical right now. But he should be fine."
zombieslayer  
#22 Posted : Saturday, January 5, 2013 9:22:28 AM(UTC)
You won't stop Peterson. EVERY DC IN THE NFL thinks they can stop Peterson and what happens? Peterson gets his yards and Ponder finds people wide open.

So, don't.

Someone please even try to refute the facts I posted up there. I can go back years too. Every year, it's the same thing. GB vs Vikings - Peterson gets his yards, we win because we stopped the pass. The exceptions - well, there are 3 of them. Brett Favre throws for 7 TDs vs 0 INTs in 2 games and we lose them both (2009). Ponder has a 100+ rating last week and we lost that one.

So, stop the pass. AD will get his yards. AD = best player in the NFL, and that's not even debatable. These sports writers who are saying otherwise should be force-ably sterilized because one generation of idiots is enough.

Refute those facts I shared. I dare ya.

(I only went back 2 years because I'm lazy, but if you want to go back longer, you'll see the same thing - stop the pass and you beat the Vikings. Key in on stopping Peterson and you lose. Brett Favre sweep in 2009. Christian Ponder victory in 2012. What did those 3 games have in common? Anyone?)
nerdmann  
#23 Posted : Saturday, January 5, 2013 10:54:35 AM(UTC)
zombieslayer said: Go to Quoted Post
You won't stop Peterson. EVERY DC IN THE NFL thinks they can stop Peterson and what happens? Peterson gets his yards and Ponder finds people wide open.

So, don't.

Someone please even try to refute the facts I posted up there. I can go back years too. Every year, it's the same thing. GB vs Vikings - Peterson gets his yards, we win because we stopped the pass. The exceptions - well, there are 3 of them. Brett Favre throws for 7 TDs vs 0 INTs in 2 games and we lose them both (2009). Ponder has a 100+ rating last week and we lost that one.

So, stop the pass. AD will get his yards. AD = best player in the NFL, and that's not even debatable. These sports writers who are saying otherwise should be force-ably sterilized because one generation of idiots is enough.

(I only went back 2 years because I'm lazy, but if you want to go back longer, you'll see the same thing - stop the pass and you beat the Vikings. Key in on stopping Peterson and you lose. Brett Favre sweep in 2009. Christian Ponder victory in 2012. What did those 3 games have in common? Anyone?)

AP will get his yards, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't contain him.

Let him take 8:00 off the clock to get 60 yards, rather than doing it all in one play.
Pack93z  
#24 Posted : Saturday, January 5, 2013 1:03:12 PM(UTC)

No one needs to refute those "facts"... there is a reason I posted this for this game. Ponder is winged... it will be even more dependent upon AP to keep them in it. To be clear... to me.. 100 and a score is containing him.

This thread has two purposes.. one.. take away the Vikings on facet.

Second, to give those that want to walk Capers a platform to tell him how to fix it.
Pack93z  
#25 Posted : Saturday, January 5, 2013 1:26:53 PM(UTC)
But Zombie.. want a fact.

The Packers ran over 20 times the first game they played the Vikes.. won.. ran 16 times the second game.. lost.

Now.. prove that fact wrong.. or the many that I have posted with regards to running the ball over 20 time vs under and the winning percentages between the two. Your not the only one that pays attention to history. [grin1]
macbob  
#26 Posted : Saturday, January 5, 2013 2:08:16 PM(UTC)
Here's my thoughts as Dom Capers on how to stop AP:

Look, the dude's not married, right? Fill his Green Bay hotel bed with a couple of hot bodies to wear him out all night, then he won't have the legs to last four quarters.

Packerchick? 4PackGirl? :-"

zombieslayer  
#27 Posted : Saturday, January 5, 2013 2:27:56 PM(UTC)
Pack93z said: Go to Quoted Post
But Zombie.. want a fact.

The Packers ran over 20 times the first game they played the Vikes.. won.. ran 16 times the second game.. lost.

Now.. prove that fact wrong.. or the many that I have posted with regards to running the ball over 20 time vs under and the winning percentages between the two. Your not the only one that pays attention to history. [grin1]

Holy No Ability to Stay On Topic Batman!

We're talking about Dom Capers and stopping the Vikings.
zombieslayer  
#28 Posted : Saturday, January 5, 2013 2:31:52 PM(UTC)
macbob said: Go to Quoted Post
Here's my thoughts as Dom Capers on how to stop AP:

Look, the dude's not married, right? Fill his Green Bay hotel bed with a couple of hot bodies to wear him out all night, then he won't have the legs to last four quarters.

Packerchick? 4PackGirl? :-"

Appears Macbob has been reading Lawrence Taylor's autobiography. =d>
zombieslayer  
#29 Posted : Saturday, January 5, 2013 2:47:46 PM(UTC)
OK, I can't make it any more clear than this. When the Vikings' QB has a solid day, we lose. When the Vikings' QB has a bad day, we win. AD cannot be stopped. We never stopped him before and we probably won't stop him until 2016.

AD has run 200+ yards and 170+ yards in defeats. It doesn't matter what AD does. What matters is what their QB does.

Here you go. I went back 4 years and there's not a single exception to my thesis. Not one.

Quote:

Brett Favre 24-31-271-3-0 Result - 30-23 Vikings
Brett Favre 17-28-244-4-0 Result - 38-26 Vikings

Brett Favre 16-29-212-1-3 Result - Packers 28-24
Brett Favre 17-38-208-0-1 Result - Packers 31-3

Christian Ponder 13-32-219-2-2 Result - Packers 33-27
Christian Ponder 16-34-190-0-1 Result - Packers 45-7

Christian Ponder 12-25-119-1-2 Result - Packers 23-14
Christian Ponder 16-28-234-3-0 Result - Vikings 37-34

Wade  
#30 Posted : Saturday, January 5, 2013 2:55:56 PM(UTC)
What zombieslayer said.

What nerdmann said.

Plus if the Packers are up by 17-21 at the half, it won't matter.
Pack93z  
#31 Posted : Saturday, January 5, 2013 7:27:31 PM(UTC)
This is why... with AP shut down.. the Vikes have had nothing. We now have a lead built and with maybe another score, we care less if he starts ripping some runs. We only have 17 points and this game is almost sealed.

And yes, he can be contained with a solid front and holding the edges.
macbob  
#32 Posted : Saturday, January 5, 2013 7:37:34 PM(UTC)
And yes, he can be contained with a solid front and holding the edges.

AND the help of Packerchick & 4PackGirl...thanks, ladies!
zombieslayer  
#33 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2013 2:09:47 AM(UTC)
Just got an email from Dom.

Quote:

Dear Zombieslayer,
Thanks for the tips. I've been taking to heart what you wrote. It is all about stopping the pass with the Vikings. Luckily for us, we didn't need to. Joe Webb seemed to enjoy throwing it to ants on the ground instead of Vikings Wide Receivers.

Regardless, you were right. From here on out, we'll let Adrian get his yards and focus more on stopping the pass.

Love,

Dom

So yes, once again, I'm right.

Thanks for the $20 Vikesrule. =d> Now we got a chance to get me a shot glass from Pack93z.
Pack93z  
#34 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2013 7:40:08 AM(UTC)
You know, you could have come in and said, yes we can contain AP and without him, they had nothing. And for this game in Lambeau in the cold and with a suspect QB (either Ponder or Webb) it was the right move to sell out for stopping AP.

This thread wasn't about being right or wrong.. it was about taking away the one element of the Vikings for this game.. so we could advance. We did... so take your Dom email and... [grin1]

zombieslayer  
#35 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2013 11:42:54 AM(UTC)
You know, you could have come in and said, yes we can contain AP and without him, they had nothing. And for this game in Lambeau in the cold and with a suspect QB (either Ponder or Webb) it was the right move to sell out for stopping AP.

This thread wasn't about being right or wrong.. it was about taking away the one element of the Vikings for this game.. so we could advance. We did... so take your Dom email and... [grin1]

Heh. Sometimes I wonder about you, amigo.

I make things so obviously sarcastic that I'd assume everyone would get it. I guess not. [palm]

But what I said in the other thread, I believe. Fate handed us this game. We got lucky, and to be arrogant about beating the Vikings would be a bad thing. Webb Wrecks Grossmanned the Vikings to the point that all 11 defenders could key up on AD. It wasn't even fair. Just a complete joke.

The only good that game out of this game for us besides the victory is we were able to move the chains consistently. That's a good sign.
macbob  
#36 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2013 12:48:18 PM(UTC)
The only good that game out of this game for us besides the victory is we were able to move the chains consistently. That's a good sign.

Yeah, but there were a lot of bad signs:

We ended up with only two more yards total offense than the Vikings--326 to 324.

We only won by 14 against a team with their starting QB sitting on the bench, in a game where we won the turnover battle 3-0.

This game should have been a blow out.
earthquake  
#37 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2013 1:03:17 PM(UTC)

We ended up with only two more yards total offense than the Vikings--326 to 324.

We only won by 14 against a team with their starting QB sitting on the bench, in a game where we won the turnover battle 3-0.

The game was over at halftime, everything after that was garbage time yards. The vikings got a fluke TD on a blown coverage with just a few minutes left in the game when they had absolutely no chance of making it a game.

I wouldn't look too hard at the stats for this game.
nerdmann  
#38 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2013 1:06:58 PM(UTC)

It was never as close as the score would suggest.

Pretty much the whole second half, they knew we were gonna run it just to burn clock.
Gaycandybacon  
#39 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2013 1:16:17 PM(UTC)
Stats smats. We won. It was a playoff game. Gift wraped or not fuck it. A good team performance. Offense, Defense, and special teams all showed up. The queens defense is not bad and we shredded them passing and running. One thing we need to clean up is communication it seems like people get deep on us more times than not. But it looks like with Woody back he shuts down that slot plus his aggressiveness against AP. Looks like the ageless wonder. DAMN we've missed him.
Pack93z  
#40 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2013 6:52:42 PM(UTC)
Heh. Sometimes I wonder about you, amigo.

I make things so obviously sarcastic that I'd assume everyone would get it. I guess not. [palm]

But what I said in the other thread, I believe. Fate handed us this game. We got lucky, and to be arrogant about beating the Vikings would be a bad thing. Webb Wrecks Grossmanned the Vikings to the point that all 11 defenders could key up on AD. It wasn't even fair. Just a complete joke.

Me and sarcasm are not bed fellows.. there is no doubt about it in this media.

But I will agree.. there is no reason to be arrogant about this win. But we did what we had to do to take the next step into the playoffs. Stop AP from taking over the game.
Rss Feed