Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
8 Pages«<45678>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline wpr  
#76 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2013 9:59:47 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 2,745
Applause Received: 1,314

gbguy20, I thought of pming you and getting together before the game but we ended up running late so it wouldn't have worked out.

cheesey, thought of you on my way through grafton and environs both heading to and returning from gb.

we had a great time.

The only problem we had was on the Packer drive to begin the 2nd half. I was watching the game when the dude behind me landed right on my back and threw me forward. I was able to get my hands up and into the backs of the two men in the row in front of me shoving them forward. Because my weight was on two of them they were shoved forward but able to keep their seats. (and not spill their beers. only a half glass left. for each of them.)

Apparently some drunk about 3 rows behind me got mad at the guy in front of him. I don't know if the guy in the lower row stood up to confront him, my guess is that he did. jerk in the 3rd row took a punch at him knocking him back into the guy right behind me. He in turn fell on me. I am assuming that was both of them on my back but I could not turn to look until they both got off of me. That took a little time.

Drunk 3 rows back was screaming at the guy he hit. And telling everyone to call security. Someone must have because one of the ushers showed up. Prior to this several people pointed out that he threw the punch so he would be asked to leave as well.

The usher asked the guy who got hit to leave along with his gf. I was trying to watch the game and KUUUHHHHHNNNNN's td (reception.) so I missed some of the details. I think he got up and left. 3 cops showed up and they had to drag the girl out.

Surprisingly the guy who threw the punch did not have to leave. I thought once Barney Fife got the couple up to the concourse and questioned them, the ops would come back down and take the other guy out for punching. (I am sure he will be fined by the NFL office after they watch tape of the game.) Whistle

Piecing it together it sounds like the chick was groping on her guy. (According to the story of the guy who threw the punch.) bf was trying to return the favor and ended up getting the guy behind him who probably took umbrage that it wasn't the girl who was getting him. Shrug

It doesn't make sense to me since everyone had on some many layers and and how could the guy miss the girl sitting right next to him and grab the guy a row back? Now that is drunk.

During all of this my son went "Army" and was about to get into the fray and kill on my behalf. I asked him to let it go. It took him a while to calm down. I think he was going to go up the three rows and take out the guy who threw the punch.

I was thinking of telling my support guys in front of me I's buy them a beer but sales were shut off when the half ended instead of the end of the 3rd Q.

Fortunately the woman to my right was not in her seat. She is 4' 5" in heels (exaggeration this is football. She is only 4'2" and I have to fudge i her officially listed height.) and they would have hurt her if they landed on her.

"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

thanks Post received 1 applause.
macbob on 1/6/2013(UTC)
Offline zombieslayer  
#77 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2013 11:49:47 AM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

That really sucks. Stupid drunks. Middle Finger
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline zombieslayer  
#78 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2013 11:56:57 AM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Originally Posted by: vikesrule Go to Quoted Post
It was what it was, a very ugly game.

Sound like you had a good night ZS, I was watching the game at a little playoff party at a friends house.
Problem being, said friend is a major cheesehead.....took some shit last night, but oh well.

With that said, Vikings fans have every reason to be proud this year.
After the last couple of years, to go 10-6 in regular season, beat the 49'ers, the Texans and split with the Bears and Packers and make it to the playoffs.
I'll take that for now

No excuses for the playoff game, it was what it was.

Yes, you should be proud. Your team did better than what was to be expected. But read what I wrote to Pack93z below.

Pack93z wrote:
Woodson helped... but that was not the real factor.. that happened right at the LOS with the front seven, sometimes eight, playing the run first and remaining disciplined in their roles of sealing their responsibilities down. We pinched inside and remainder stout on the edges.. AP simply didn't have those cutbacks and lanes to exploit.

A couple time Matthews and Walden got pinched in... but for the most part the interior walled it off and we kept him from getting to the edge. If anyone gets a game ball... it should be BJ, Pick, Wilson, Neal, Matthews, Walden, Moses, Hawk, Jones, Etc. They are the grunts that let Woodson, Burnett, etc to come in and finish some of the plays off.

You may be right. I'll have to watch it again.

Frankly, we found the game boring and I wasn't too proud after winning this game. The game was handed to us. We didn't face the Vikings from Week 17. This was the junior varsity version of the Week 17 Vikings team.

I sincerely hope we don't go into SF being cocky.

And one last thing, I take back all the crap I said about Christian Ponder. He COMPLETELY EXCEEDED my expectations. Had he been in the game, I may be writing a check to VR right now.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline dhazer  
#79 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2013 12:32:12 PM(UTC)
dhazer

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2013Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2009PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2013

Applause Given: 45
Applause Received: 190

I personally think that Webb starting really helped us and not because he can't throw the ball but his running. With the threat of him running kept our d-line in there assigned gaps, which AP was killing us with in the other games. Plus remember the 9ers have a scrambling qb and I don't think he is that great of a passer. Yes I know he is better than Webb but seriously I think Zero can throw better than him :)

I don't know about anyone else, but is this season kinda following the same as '10? We have alot of injuries during the year and get healthy for the playoffs and out of no where we find a running back that can be a threat.

I am liking what I see and I don't fear the 9ers and I really don't fear the Falcons, but then again I don't think the Falcons will win next week
UserPostedImage

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be :)
Offline dfosterf  
#80 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2013 12:47:08 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Applause Given: 168
Applause Received: 366

Jerry Rice absolutely fumbled that friggin' football, and now I want my payback.

Not talking

Shame on you

Laugh

UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.

thanks Post received 1 applause.
rabidgopher04 on 1/6/2013(UTC)
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#81 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2013 12:55:41 PM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

United States

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 173

Originally Posted by: dhazer Go to Quoted Post
I personally think that Webb starting really helped us and not because he can't throw the ball but his running. With the threat of him running kept our d-line in there assigned gaps, which AP was killing us with in the other games. Plus remember the 9ers have a scrambling qb and I don't think he is that great of a passer. Yes I know he is better than Webb but seriously I think Zero can throw better than him :)

I don't know about anyone else, but is this season kinda following the same as '10? We have alot of injuries during the year and get healthy for the playoffs and out of no where we find a running back that can be a threat.

I am liking what I see and I don't fear the 9ers and I really don't fear the Falcons, but then again I don't think the Falcons will win next week

Being just a scrambling QB in this league never works. If you can stay in the pocket and scramble that's just an added boost. People are so excited because they see RG3,Capernick,Russel Wilson, Vick. It's just not the pure cut way to win games in this league. These teams are so good because they have great defenses and a running game. That won't win playoff games. Everyone knows if Ponder played (which he should have) they would of had a better chance.
Offline dfosterf  
#82 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2013 1:01:35 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Applause Received: 366

All I really know is that I will have a case on ice for this next game. The only thing I'm sure of is that I'll need it.
UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.

Offline Porforis  
#83 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2013 1:18:47 PM(UTC)
Porforis

United States

Applause Received: 333

Originally Posted by: Gaycandybacon Go to Quoted Post
Being just a scrambling QB in this league never works. If you can stay in the pocket and scramble that's just an added boost. People are so excited because they see RG3,Capernick,Russel Wilson, Vick. It's just not the pure cut way to win games in this league. These teams are so good because they have great defenses and a running game. That won't win playoff games. Everyone knows if Ponder played (which he should have) they would of had a better chance.

One of these things is not like the others...
UserPostedImage
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#84 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2013 1:20:32 PM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

United States

Originally Posted by: Porforis Go to Quoted Post

Which one?
Offline nerdmann  
#85 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2013 1:34:26 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,294
Applause Received: 572

Originally Posted by: Gaycandybacon Go to Quoted Post
Which one?

The white guy?
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline wpr  
#86 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2013 2:22:58 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 2,745
Applause Received: 1,314

oh yeah, as the 4th Q was winding down the crowd started up the mocking chant of "MVP" taunting AP. It was not long lived. Before and after it was the cry, "The Bears still suck." a couple of times. It just seemed out of place to me.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Offline Gaycandybacon  
#87 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2013 2:56:35 PM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

United States

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
The white guy?

Well there's 2 oreos and 2 black guys.
Offline Pack93z  
#88 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2013 7:01:31 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 380
Applause Received: 1,021

Originally Posted by: Porforis Go to Quoted Post

3 of them are in the playoffs. 3 of them have a high NFL IQ.. and 3 of them are accurate with their arms.

Vick is shy on all accounts.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#89 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2013 8:14:02 PM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

United States

Originally Posted by: Pack93z Go to Quoted Post
3 of them are in the playoffs. 3 of them have a high NFL IQ.. and 3 of them are accurate with their arms.

I think Vick was once exciting. That's what I was trying to point out. I could of put Cam Newton in there too. Newton should know by now after a shaky season that you have to play in the pocket to be successful. Even RG3. God that guy took a beating even with a pretty good offensive line.
Offline Porforis  
#90 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2013 8:14:55 PM(UTC)
Porforis

United States

Applause Received: 333

Originally Posted by: Pack93z Go to Quoted Post

That is also quite valid. My idea was that RG3 has shown that he can be a very good quarterback in the pocket as well. Provided his knee isn't being held together by duct tape and hopes.
UserPostedImage
Rss Feed