Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
6 Pages<1234>»
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline zombieslayer  
#16 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2013 12:11:48 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
I will sure do my part. Whistle

As silly as it sounds, the "12th man" matters. Sociologists have shown that something like 65-70% of NFL games are won at home. And I bet most of those clowns couldn't tell a football from a rugby ball.

Unfortunately, this will more than likely be the last home game we play this season. We'll be in SF, then we'll probably be in Atlanta. So there's really nothing more you can do.

You did do your job yesterday though, other than the part where you were distracted by the drunk asshole. Applause
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#17 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2013 1:03:44 PM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

United States

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 173

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer Go to Quoted Post
As silly as it sounds, the "12th man" matters. Sociologists have shown that something like 65-70% of NFL games are won at home. And I bet most of those clowns couldn't tell a football from a rugby ball.

Unfortunately, this will more than likely be the last home game we play this season. We'll be in SF, then we'll probably be in Atlanta. So there's really nothing more you can do.

You did do your job yesterday though, other than the part where you were distracted by the drunk asshole. Applause

I think the seacocks could beat them if they play them. but, I don't mind playing the Falcons or the Seahawks either way. We've had the Falcons name the last 2 years and i'd rather see my Packers play in Green and Gold at Lambeau field than white and gold in the dome.
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#18 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2013 2:03:37 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Applause Given: 247
Applause Received: 365

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
There's no crying in football. A fitting end for Donald would have been to retire after last season when he was already done. This whole season was his goodbye tour. Wasn't that enough?

So you obviously can evaluate talent better than Ted Thompson and Mike mcCarthy.

If Donald Driver was "already done" after last year, why in the hell did they bring him back?

Ok as stupid as it is let's discuss this.

I never said Driver should be activated the last few games, what I said was it's a shame he broke his thumb, because before he did, he was still the #4 or #5 receiver on the team.

Let's look at next year, because I guess you for one knows what Ted is going to do.

What if Ted decides not to sign Greg Jennings, and Ted Thompson decides not to bring back Jermicheal Finley.

That leaves Jordy,JJ, and Cobb as proven starters, now say 1 of those 3 or even 2 of those 3 get injured in pre-season, I guess with your knowledge of talent Donald Driver still wouldn't be a good guy to have around, just in case.

That is the scenario I'm talking about,as I tried to tell you, but of course you don't want to listen, this is a topic for after the season is over.

Why, because I for one have no idea what Ted Thompson is going to do.
I don't really care about whAt he is going to do UNTIL AFTER THIS SEASON IS OVER!!!!
“"The preparation week is where you make your hay,You have to win the week first. That’s where a lot of the wins and losses come. It’s how you approach the week leading up to the game."
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#19 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2013 3:00:50 PM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

United States

The reason they didn't activate him is because they activated 5 WRs and 4 TE's.

Offline DakotaT  
#20 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2013 3:40:41 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 622
Applause Received: 1,299

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan Go to Quoted Post
So you obviously can evaluate talent better than Ted Thompson and Mike mcCarthy.

If Donald Driver was "already done" after last year, why in the hell did they bring him back?

Ok as stupid as it is let's discuss this.

I never said Driver should be activated the last few games, what I said was it's a shame he broke his thumb, because before he did, he was still the #4 or #5 receiver on the team.

Let's look at next year, because I guess you for one knows what Ted is going to do.

What if Ted decides not to sign Greg Jennings, and Ted Thompson decides not to bring back Jermicheal Finley.

That leaves Jordy,JJ, and Cobb as proven starters, now say 1 of those 3 or even 2 of those 3 get injured in pre-season, I guess with your knowledge of talent Donald Driver still wouldn't be a good guy to have around, just in case.

That is the scenario I'm talking about,as I tried to tell you, but of course you don't want to listen, this is a topic for after the season is over.

Why, because I for one have no idea what Ted Thompson is going to do.
I don't really care about whAt he is going to do UNTIL AFTER THIS SEASON IS OVER!!!!

What's he going to do Buckeye - beef up and play tight end? He's too fucking slow to play WR in the NFL, period. He also drops too many passes, but always gets a pass from Packer fans like you. This is not personal for me, but it sure seems to be for you and Packer fans like you. How long do we have keep up the honoring what they did in the past? Looks like another 2nd round receiver drafted this year to me. Nelson, Cobb, Jones, ?, Boykin, and Ross. That question mark won't be Donald Driver.
UserPostedImage
Offline zombieslayer  
#21 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2013 3:45:12 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

What's he going to do Buckeye - beef up and play tight end? He's too fucking slow to play WR in the NFL, period. He also drops too many passes, but always gets a pass from Packer fans like you. This is not personal for me, but it sure seems to be for you and Packer fans like you. How long do we have keep up the honoring what they did in the past? Looks like another 2nd round receiver drafted this year to me. Nelson, Cobb, Jones, ?, Boykin, and Ross. That question mark won't be Donald Driver.

Yup.

Check my sig. I'm a HUGE DD fan. But he's done. This year, he looked like a #5 WR. He's just gonna get worse next year.

People don't get younger. They get older. Life isn't fair. We all get older and we all die.

I don't even see Driver making da Bears next year.

So, let's get him a Ring for his farewell tour.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline wpr  
#22 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2013 3:55:49 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 2,749
Applause Received: 1,317

The only pass I gave him was if Uncle Teddy and coach Mike wanted him I was fine with that.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Offline DakotaT  
#23 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2013 4:01:24 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
The only pass I gave him was if Uncle Teddy and coach Mike wanted him I was fine with that.

B.S. the only other poster that ever agreed with me on this type of thing was Nonstop. He and I always agreed on a tough decision like cutting loose a popular player for the good of the team and the cap. The bottom line is that this is a business.
UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#24 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2013 4:20:54 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 2,749
Applause Received: 1,317

B.S. the only other poster that ever agreed with me on this type of thing was Nonstop. He and I always agreed on a tough decision like cutting loose a popular player for the good of the team and the cap. The bottom line is that this is a business.

bullshit to you. Don't tell me what I said. You can go back and look at my old posts. I consistently stated that I figure Uncle Teddy knows what he is doing. I am more than happy to differ to him when it comes to personnel decisions. I always said if DD makes the team I am fine with that. A couple of years ago I said he can help teach the younger receivers. Last year I said he could help a few of the younger guys. (Jenkins, Jones and Nelson had been around long enough by then.) This year I didn't say that at all.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Offline dfosterf  
#25 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2013 4:21:27 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Applause Given: 169
Applause Received: 366

Oh, fuck off. I agreed with that too.

btw, Your coal is quite shitty, as I recollect. Don't go braggin' on that ass-coal in North Dakota.

We got the pure-bred anthracite here, bitch.

Big Grin
UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.

Offline DakotaT  
#26 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2013 4:47:04 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Originally Posted by: dfosterf Go to Quoted Post
Oh, fuck off. I agreed with that too.

btw, Your coal is quite shitty, as I recollect. Don't go braggin' on that ass-coal in North Dakota.

We got the pure-bred anthracite here, bitch.

Big Grin

Yeah, but you have to blast through a mountain to get it, besides those dumb fucks in Minnesota don't know the difference. They're the ones buying the power.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
dfosterf on 1/6/2013(UTC)
Offline dfosterf  
#27 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2013 4:49:11 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Applause Given: 169
Applause Received: 366

Yeah, but you have to blast through a mountain to get it, besides those dumb fucks in Minnesota don't know the difference. They're the ones buying the power.

Now that was funny, lol

UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.

Offline zombieslayer  
#28 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2013 5:08:32 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

I love how Dakota likes taking all the credit for being a dick.

We've all said it. Hell, I said it earlier this year and I got DD in my sig. I said if he makes the team, cool. If he didn't make the team, well, I trust Mike McCarthy's judgement.

I may have been slow about Brett Favre, but wasn't slow about DD.

And I think I even remember WPR saying it too.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

Offline Gaycandybacon  
#29 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2013 5:10:05 PM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

United States

http://blog.packers.com/2013/01...s-driver-being-inactive/

Quote:
Head Coach Mike McCarthy on Sunday discussed the difficulty in leaving veteran WR Donald Driver on the inactive list for what might have been his final game at Lambeau Field. It was the fourth time Driver has been inactive this season, with the three occurrences in the regular season coming in Weeks, 13, 15 and 17.

“Donald Driver is a class act to say the least,” McCarthy said. “He’s a pro’s pro. He does everything you ever ask of him. We’ve had conversations of late here, … and he’s handled it very well. He’s an excellent teammate. Everyone clearly understands what he means to the organization and what he’s done.

“He’s out there preparing every day, getting ready to play. He may have an opportunity this week. We’ll see how it shakes down. Those are very difficult decisions to make, when you have a healthy 53, to get to 46.”

McCarthy pointed out that the final decisions for the gameday active roster often come down to special teams, and rookie LB Terrell Manning was activated for Saturday night’s playoff game against Minnesota. Manning proceeded to earn a game ball on special teams from the coaches as well as the “Big Hit” award, McCarthy said.

“That’s why you have to make those kinds of decisions,” McCarthy said. “That’s part of the way it sorts out in game-planning and obviously special teams plays into it.”

A couple of other notes from McCarthy’s Sunday press conference:

–He mentioned it only in passing, but McCarthy made reference to rookie RT Don Barclay playing his best game to date. Barclay started the last four games of the regular season and was making his playoff debut.

–The only injury reported from the game was a hamstring injury to TE Jermichael Finley. McCarthy said the medical staff has told him it’s “nothing of a serious nature,” but he did not address Finley’s status for this week.
Offline DakotaT  
#30 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2013 5:16:50 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer Go to Quoted Post
I love how Dakota likes taking all the credit for being a dick.

No, I have to be a dick because some people refuse to take off their G&G goggles and try and put this fandom guilt trip on everything which is BS. DD should not have been on the roster this season because you can throw a rook in there playing for league minimum instead of $1.2 million.
UserPostedImage
Rss Feed