Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
3 Pages<123
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Pack93z  
#31 Posted : Saturday, January 5, 2013 7:27:31 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States
Posts: 12,755
Joined: 3/16/2007(UTC)
Location: North Central Wisconsin

Applause Given: 381
Applause Received: 1,027

This is why... with AP shut down.. the Vikes have had nothing. We now have a lead built and with maybe another score, we care less if he starts ripping some runs. We only have 17 points and this game is almost sealed.

And yes, he can be contained with a solid front and holding the edges.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline macbob  
#32 Posted : Saturday, January 5, 2013 7:37:34 PM(UTC)
macbob

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Silver: 2012

Posts: 1,707
Joined: 10/12/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 262
Applause Received: 226

Originally Posted by: Pack93z Go to Quoted Post
And yes, he can be contained with a solid front and holding the edges.


AND the help of Packerchick & 4PackGirl...thanks, ladies!
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
zombieslayer on 1/6/2013(UTC)
Offline zombieslayer  
#33 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2013 2:09:47 AM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Posts: 9,919
Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: San Francisco

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Just got an email from Dom.

Quote:

Dear Zombieslayer,
Thanks for the tips. I've been taking to heart what you wrote. It is all about stopping the pass with the Vikings. Luckily for us, we didn't need to. Joe Webb seemed to enjoy throwing it to ants on the ground instead of Vikings Wide Receivers.

Regardless, you were right. From here on out, we'll let Adrian get his yards and focus more on stopping the pass.

Love,

Dom


So yes, once again, I'm right.

Thanks for the $20 Vikesrule. Applause Now we got a chance to get me a shot glass from Pack93z.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline Pack93z  
#34 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2013 7:40:08 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States
Posts: 12,755
Joined: 3/16/2007(UTC)
Location: North Central Wisconsin

Applause Given: 381
Applause Received: 1,027

You know, you could have come in and said, yes we can contain AP and without him, they had nothing. And for this game in Lambeau in the cold and with a suspect QB (either Ponder or Webb) it was the right move to sell out for stopping AP.

This thread wasn't about being right or wrong.. it was about taking away the one element of the Vikings for this game.. so we could advance. We did... so take your Dom email and... Big Grin

I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline zombieslayer  
#35 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2013 11:42:54 AM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Posts: 9,919
Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: San Francisco

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Originally Posted by: Pack93z Go to Quoted Post
You know, you could have come in and said, yes we can contain AP and without him, they had nothing. And for this game in Lambeau in the cold and with a suspect QB (either Ponder or Webb) it was the right move to sell out for stopping AP.

This thread wasn't about being right or wrong.. it was about taking away the one element of the Vikings for this game.. so we could advance. We did... so take your Dom email and... Big Grin



Heh. Sometimes I wonder about you, amigo.

I make things so obviously sarcastic that I'd assume everyone would get it. I guess not. Face. Palm.

But what I said in the other thread, I believe. Fate handed us this game. We got lucky, and to be arrogant about beating the Vikings would be a bad thing. Webb Wrecks Grossmanned the Vikings to the point that all 11 defenders could key up on AD. It wasn't even fair. Just a complete joke.

The only good that game out of this game for us besides the victory is we were able to move the chains consistently. That's a good sign.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline macbob  
#36 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2013 12:48:18 PM(UTC)
macbob

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Silver: 2012

Posts: 1,707
Joined: 10/12/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 262
Applause Received: 226

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer Go to Quoted Post
The only good that game out of this game for us besides the victory is we were able to move the chains consistently. That's a good sign.


Yeah, but there were a lot of bad signs:

We ended up with only two more yards total offense than the Vikings--326 to 324.

We only won by 14 against a team with their starting QB sitting on the bench, in a game where we won the turnover battle 3-0.

This game should have been a blow out.
UserPostedImage
Offline earthquake  
#37 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2013 1:03:17 PM(UTC)
earthquake

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

Posts: 739
Joined: 8/11/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 137
Applause Received: 53

Originally Posted by: macbob Go to Quoted Post
Yeah, but there were a lot of bad signs:

We ended up with only two more yards total offense than the Vikings--326 to 324.

We only won by 14 against a team with their starting QB sitting on the bench, in a game where we won the turnover battle 3-0.

This game should have been a blow out.


The game was over at halftime, everything after that was garbage time yards. The vikings got a fluke TD on a blown coverage with just a few minutes left in the game when they had absolutely no chance of making it a game.

I wouldn't look too hard at the stats for this game.
blank
Offline nerdmann  
#38 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2013 1:06:58 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Posts: 7,049
Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,358
Applause Received: 598

Originally Posted by: macbob Go to Quoted Post
Yeah, but there were a lot of bad signs:

We ended up with only two more yards total offense than the Vikings--326 to 324.

We only won by 14 against a team with their starting QB sitting on the bench, in a game where we won the turnover battle 3-0.

This game should have been a blow out.


It was never as close as the score would suggest.

Pretty much the whole second half, they knew we were gonna run it just to burn clock.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#39 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2013 1:16:17 PM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

United States
Posts: 830
Joined: 9/17/2012(UTC)
Location: Hanover Park, IL

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 174

Stats smats. We won. It was a playoff game. Gift wraped or not f*ck it. A good team performance. Offense, Defense, and special teams all showed up. The queens defense is not bad and we shredded them passing and running. One thing we need to clean up is communication it seems like people get deep on us more times than not. But it looks like with Woody back he shuts down that slot plus his aggressiveness against AP. Looks like the ageless wonder. DAMN we've missed him.
Offline Pack93z  
#40 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2013 6:52:42 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States
Posts: 12,755
Joined: 3/16/2007(UTC)
Location: North Central Wisconsin

Applause Given: 381
Applause Received: 1,027

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer Go to Quoted Post
Heh. Sometimes I wonder about you, amigo.

I make things so obviously sarcastic that I'd assume everyone would get it. I guess not. Face. Palm.

But what I said in the other thread, I believe. Fate handed us this game. We got lucky, and to be arrogant about beating the Vikings would be a bad thing. Webb Wrecks Grossmanned the Vikings to the point that all 11 defenders could key up on AD. It wasn't even fair. Just a complete joke.

The only good that game out of this game for us besides the victory is we were able to move the chains consistently. That's a good sign.


Me and sarcasm are not bed fellows.. there is no doubt about it in this media.

But I will agree.. there is no reason to be arrogant about this win. But we did what we had to do to take the next step into the playoffs. Stop AP from taking over the game.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline zombieslayer  
#41 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2013 9:12:46 PM(UTC)
zombieslayer

Rank: Most Valuable Player

Posts: 9,919
Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: San Francisco

Applause Given: 778
Applause Received: 495

Originally Posted by: Pack93z Go to Quoted Post
Me and sarcasm are not bed fellows.. there is no doubt about it in this media.

But I will agree.. there is no reason to be arrogant about this win. But we did what we had to do to take the next step into the playoffs. Stop AP from taking over the game.


Alright. Sarcasm aside, I'll shoot straight.

We stopped AD because their QB situation was so bad, we could throw 11 people at AD. It was a joke. If the Vikings had an all All-Star OL and an All-Star FB, then it might have been more fair.

I'm not gonna gloat about this win. We didn't stop AD. Joe Webb stopped AD.

That's what I was getting at.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage

(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)

2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. Ted Thompson Mike McCarthy Aaron Rodgers
Offline Pack93z  
#42 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2013 9:20:03 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States
Posts: 12,755
Joined: 3/16/2007(UTC)
Location: North Central Wisconsin

Applause Given: 381
Applause Received: 1,027

See and what I am saying is it really wouldn't have mattered with Ponder either.. he of zero starts in cold weather. He that needs the play action to assist him at this point. Could have he shocked the world again.. possibly.. but not probable.

Oh and if that is your honest opinion.. I really am at a loss with your sarcasm. lol.

AP drives that offense.. much like Rodgers drives ours. Take them out at their strength.

At the end of the day... we just believe in different fundamentals in the game of football.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline Wade  
#43 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2013 9:42:05 PM(UTC)
Wade

Rank: All Pro

Posts: 5,785
Joined: 8/1/2009(UTC)
Location: nowhere of importance

Applause Given: 639
Applause Received: 655

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer Go to Quoted Post
Alright. Sarcasm aside, I'll shoot straight.

We stopped AD because their QB situation was so bad, we could throw 11 people at AD. It was a joke. If the Vikings had an all All-Star OL and an All-Star FB, then it might have been more fair.

I'm not gonna gloat about this win. We didn't stop AD. Joe Webb stopped AD.

That's what I was getting at.


Well, maybe. Can you imagine what the Vikings might have done with Webb's running ability AND AD if the Packer defense had played as undisciplined (especially the linebackers) as they did a week ago?

AD got 99 yards. That's a good day for anyone but him. So they didn't shut him down. But the D played disciplined and fundamental football and that was sufficient to contain him at the level of "good". Sure, not having a pass option with Webb helped. But I'm not sure the difference between what Ponder offered and what Webb offered. Based on what I've seen of the two, the difference seems to be that Ponder throws fluff balls that allow DBs to close and/or intercept, whereas Webb throws bounce passes that no one can catch.

I'm bugged about the second half. It's like after the Pack went up by 21 no one on either team seemed to care anymore. They went from fighting hard to putting in the time until the end. Were it not for the lack of removing starters, most of the second half looked like a preseason second-half not like a postseason one.

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest (2)
3 Pages<123
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Recent Topics
3m / Green Bay Packers Talk / uffda udfa

37m / Green Bay Packers Talk / DoddPower

40m / Green Bay Packers Talk / DoddPower

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / uffda udfa

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / OlHoss1884

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Dexter_Sinister

22-Aug / Green Bay Packers Talk / yooperfan

22-Aug / Green Bay Packers Talk / MintBaconDrivel

22-Aug / Random Babble / wpr

22-Aug / Green Bay Packers Talk / texaspackerbacker

22-Aug / Green Bay Packers Talk / DarkaneRules

22-Aug / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

22-Aug / Around The NFL / Laser Gunns

21-Aug / Green Bay Packers Talk / sschind

21-Aug / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra


Tweeter

Copyright © 2006-2014 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.